Allow Me To Uncheck Game Modes

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

instead of choosing ANY or a specific game mode.

allow me to choose ALL GAME MODES EXCEPT CONQUEST.

there should be a way to uncheck the game mode you don't want to play when choosing ANY.

why? because as an assault mech pilot my survivability in conquest mode is zilch, the team is always light mechs, which always leave me behind with no support and trying to keep up until my inevitable death

i no longer have ANY incentives to play conquest mode.
please allow me to carry on playing ASSAULT and SKIRMISH modes randomly

i'd appreciate it a lot.

#2 SilverStarDragon

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your mech's blind spot

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Would it not work just to switch between assault and skirmish when you select what mode you want to play? You could get an even ratio of assault/skirmish that way as well, I guess I don't really see the problem you are suggesting as the 'fix' is in-game, yes not 'random' but still works under what mode you desire to play :)

As for being an assault mech in conquest, I'm sure there are some other weight classes other than light on your team.

What you can propose as a tactic (works best on large maps when I use it) is have the lights run and neutralize enemy caps and leave the actual capture to the heavies/assaults while they head to the next base to neutralize. Therefore cutting off the enemy's gain of points faster while giving the brawlers the chance to earn capture-points and defend the base from any would-be defenders. (lights can then circle around and flank should a large fight take place on a base).

Best of luck~

#3 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostSilverStarDragon, on 24 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Would it not work just to switch between assault and skirmish when you select what mode you want to play? You could get an even ratio of assault/skirmish that way as well, I guess I don't really see the problem you are suggesting as the 'fix' is in-game, yes not 'random' but still works under what mode you desire to play :)

I agree he could manage his drop style manually, but in this day and age is a multi-selection option really too much to ask for? Some people might just HATE Conquest for no discernible reason and don't care about having an even ratio of skirmish/assault; they just never want to play conquest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users