A Small Back Window You Can View Out Of By Holding Control Key And Moving Mouse

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

I read that a rear view mirror would slow down rendering, so how about a small back window you can turn to see out of by using the ctrl key.

Sometimes you have to reverse and you keep bumping into obstacles like rocks etc.

Edited by Mekwarrior, 24 March 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#2 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Rear view mirrors? Back window? It ain't your daddys Buick you're driving...

#3 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Have you never had to reverse during combat and found you backed into something and got stuck?

#4 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

The cockpit view itself is a bit of smoke and mirrors on the part of the game. The back half of the cockpit is not rendered at all. Those who adjust their fov in the user.cfg file can see that there is nothing rendered behind a certain range of view. In order to add your back window, they'd have to render the back of the cockpit.

This is one of those things that just chalks up to experience. The more you play, the better you'll get at situational awareness, and you'll know better what's behind you when you back up.

#5 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

Yes I know but many maps just have too many rocks to get stuck on, it's a shame while other maps aren't a problem.

The worst for rocks is frozen city, there is a rock or a building absolutely everywhere, unfortunately it means you can't really use torso twisting either because you crash into something but it is an older map and the problem is much less on new maps, so at least it's been addressed on the newer maps.

#6 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

I'd just like something like in Mechwarrior 4 where you can hold a button to switch the entire view screen to a camera on the left, right, rear, or under the mech. You still are only rendering one screen at a time so shouldn't be a problem for the CryEngine to render.

#7 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

View PostMekwarrior, on 24 March 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

Have you never had to reverse during combat and found you backed into something and got stuck?

Oh like when team mates use me as a meat sheild?

#8 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 25 March 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

I'd just like something like in Mechwarrior 4 where you can hold a button to switch the entire view screen to a camera on the left, right, rear, or under the mech. You still are only rendering one screen at a time so shouldn't be a problem for the CryEngine to render.

Yeah that's a better idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users