Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Squawk!

#122 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostBull Frog, on 31 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

All I'm seeing here is how much fun it is to be playing with people who A) Seem to know what they are doing and B ) Can coordinate their efforts. ( and I still think the game is fun... even in PUG hell ;) )

He thinks i know what im doing :o

Edited by Just wanna play, 05 June 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#123 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 31 May 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

...So, JC is good at cherry picking and not much else, apparently. Assuming of course, that the HBK-4G is actually his. We can't really tell since he cropped off the names. :D

Yesh Lighten up a little.. I was just pointing out, some of the best matches in an HBK, can have very little damage, but do a lot to help a team..

I added the story to the original post, and you might get a better idea of what the match was all about. Perhaps i should of dug out a higher damage pic because that is the only way to help a team?? And yes, it's me.. the pic has been up on my photo-bucket since last summer.. I cut the names because who knows what other people think about their names being in other's screenies..

Edited by JC Daxion, 01 June 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#124 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

double post

Edited by JC Daxion, 01 June 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#125 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 June 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yesh Lighten up a little.. I was just pointing out, some of the best matches in an HBK, can have very little damage, but do a lot to help a team..

I added the story to the original post, and you might get a better idea of what the match was all about. Perhaps i should of dug out a higher damage pic because that is the only way to help a team?? And yes, it's me.. the pic has been up on my photo-bucket since last summer.. I cut the names because who knows what other people think about their names being in other's screenies..

Dude, relax - it's just good-natured picking. ;)

I will admit though, doing less than 200 damage per match, in any Mech, means that you're not really pulling your weight. I may be that you get four kills with <200 damage, but you're not really contributing then. You're pretty much just capitalizing on somebody else's efforts and stealing their kills. While this does help the team (a dead Mech is a dead Mech), it doesn't necessarily a good pilot make.

I do recognize that the HBK is all about pinpoint damage - I'll give you that. I had a match night before last where I did ~450 damage and got four kills in my HBK-4H (3 MPL and AC/20). I pretty much just CT'ed everybody with my shots, and made sure that I didn't miss. My team still lost (had horrible Pugs that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if they were standing still), but it was a good HBK match considering the recent AC nerfs.

To everyone else, I changed up my HBK-4P build and need to re-post it. I think y'all will find it amusing. It is, however, effective (ironically) in Pug matches and is a lot of fun to play. :)

Edited by Nightmare1, 16 June 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#126 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Bumping because HBKs are awesome! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users