1 reply to this topic

#1 GnawTsatyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFrog-humping you like a Jenner

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

I desire a feature that allows me to select an item for installation to my mech by holding down right click and spamming left click to the appropriate compartment so that I do not have to keep clicking and dragging the same thing from one side of the screen to the other in expanded view.

Examples include ammo, heat sinks, jump jets and things of that nature. Basically anything that is* often installed in multiples of 2 or 3.

The current click and drag design is not so bad in column view because I do not have to wait for the mouse pointer to activate the side menu with a brief hover. That being said, it is slightly less convenient for keeping track of how many of what are installed where because of the constant toggling shift of the compartments.

The right click currently does nothing in mechlab. I don't know if that is intentional, but I feel like adding this copy and paste type of feature to the mechlab loadout screen is something that would make a lot of users further appreciate what has been done to improve the mechlab experience.

The "strip mech of" feature is one of my favorite things to be added because it allowed me to quickly change my play style with the same mech chassis with half the number of the clicks and drags. The suggested feature would be the perfect complement for it as it would offer quicker strategic changes for competitive and leisurely players alike.

I do not use smurfy to build mechs. I like to do it in the mechlab. This would make me happy.

*EDIT: Grammar fix from "are" to "is"

Edited by GnawTsatyr, 15 August 2015 - 01:27 AM.

#2 BananaBlaster

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

Sounds handy to me.
Although I may not have much use to it, I mean, when I drag/drop stuff, it's usually an engine or something... But I like the idea nonetheless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users