#21 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostCatmobile, on 25 March 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

http://warframe.wiki...icker_Extension

there are the colour palettes i was talking about, 75 credits each wich are about 5 dollars, go check yourself if you want at their site, easier to apply cheaper to get

Wish MWO would allow us to buy colour palettes.. as far as I can tell, you can only purchase 1 colour at a time, and you have to load it into your Mech first.

Is there any way to simply purchase all of the Greens, or all of the Grays?

#22 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Get used to it. Like many things in the game, it is still not made clear to everyone how things work, so you need to ask before you buy. Otherwise, you will most likely get buyer's remorse.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 March 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#23 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

It's sorta funny that before reading this I just posted a lengthy bit about why MWO got $170 from me before I learned to feel betrayed by their sales strategy. I was one of those idiots that mistakenly bought the full unlock for 2 color DAZZLE on my stalkers and only used it on one mech because it's too limited. Sadly that was only one way I got fuqed by sneaky wording at the time. I had lots of MC at the beginning and foolishly bought most of my lengthy list of colors before I understood their "on sale" tendencies. Payed full price for 12,000 worth of paint job freedom that I regretted entirely later. Had 180 days of premium time payed for from founders investements, that mostly pissed away over several times in the hospital, I only got to use 2-3 weeks of that time before it expired due to illness and trying to recover at work. I had to grind out most of my 28 mechs at snail pace without the premium time I payed for.
I used to tell everyone "HEY! play MWO with me it's cool!"
Now I say "Hey, come play MWO with me but DO NOT spend a dime, you'll regret it if you do."
The paint and pattern pricing is a trap and borderline scam.
The XP to GXP conversion system is a trap, don't ever waste money doing that either.
The hero mechs aren't particularly better than the stock ones, so don't buy those either unless you're obsessed and bored.
Don't ever pay for premium time, because it's another trap that sucks away your money without being able to pause it's consumption if you have to be away from your computer a while.

The whole community seems to be realizing that they're getting covertly hosed every time they spend real money without reading all the greedy fine print.

MWO got 3 founders and half a dozen other players out of my passion invitations and advertising, and I considered getting the big omnimech package for a little while when I had the money- but my drive to invest in this game has waned after many of these experiences, and the feeling like everything MC related are just ruthless money pits engineered to gouge people wont help my enthusiasm for purchases in the future. Now every time I see that little box exclaiming what I could have earned with premium time, or the loyalty guilt trips regarding buying the invasion packages, I feel resentment for the things I can't enjoy to anything near the experience level as the kids with rich parents. It's penny-less MWO for me from here on out, and PGI caused that same sensation of being hosed to countless other players across the market with their sneaky sales mechanisms. I remember the days when a full game with a rich, thorough substance and enveloping experience could be purchased in it's entirety for $40-60. Now game developers seem to think they deserve to be millionaires for doing half as much work as their predecessors. Now someone needs a BMW for every page of graphics they spend a day working on. I feel disappointing. I hope some things change before corporate america style thinking and money lust ruins this game. I almost saved up and spent a 3rd installment of $240 out of game loyalty, now I'll spend $0 and feel better about not playing a fool. Sorry MWO, try me again when the game's done with a better pricing plan.

#24 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

Right now we should think whether they would make more money from lowering the prices since more would buy....or not.
That's the deciding thing after all. Money.

MWO is a F2P game so they must gather money from somewhere, but the single use patterns is an outright scam.

PGI please make things more clear about the single use thingie.

#25 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostDavers, on 25 March 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Isn't 500 MC like $2?

$99 = 25,000MC scheme which is the best market value. As it stands 252.52MC = $1 for your greatest value provided.

Even so, for colors and textures the patterns seem to be more than a bit on the expensive side of things.

#26 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

I'm wondering how much of this is simply a UI issue? In the old UI, I remember it being pretty clear before you purchased, that patterns were only usable on one chasis. While I agree that the pattern unlocks are overpriced, I think the real issue for the OP was that there didn't seem to be any clear indication of what he was buying. I haven't acutally looked at buying patterns since the new UI came out so I can't say for sure.

#27 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostHornsby, on 26 March 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

As much as I'd like to customize my stuff, I cannot rationalize the price of colour in this game. It is really weird how much money PGI charges for colour.

Also, I had no idea that colours didn't unlock for every single 'Mech. I'm onboard with PGI on a lot of their decisions, but 500 MC for one colour on one 'Mech is repulsive.

Sorry, bud ... you're wrong.

Patterns are per-'Mech or per-variant.

Colors are for all 'Mechs.

#28 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostIqfish, on 25 March 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Boohoo, in my completely free to play CryEngine 3 Mechwarrior Game the patterns cost me money!

@Devs: Why don't you stop needing money and start giving us moar free stuff?

WTF!!!

I have 3 mechs of a given chassis. I can get them custom skins at 75mc per or I can unlock for that chassis for 750 mc. Aka, the cost of 10 individual skins.

Name one MW:O chassis with 11 variants, or even 10, I'll wait.

Yeah, thought so. The skin unlock pricing is ******** and they'd sell a lot more skins if they fixed it.

It currently makes more sense to buy 3 different skins for each of 3 different variants (9 skins) of the same chassis than it does to purchase a single chassis wide unlock.

Edited by Bagheera, 26 March 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#29 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well, OP ... you see PGI loves to charge you for their stuff. And by charge you, I mean bend you over the table and give it to you long and hard. If their community isnt yelling bloody murder, PGI isnt happy.

#30 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostBagheera, on 26 March 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Name one mech that you can't change the pattern on 10 times. Or each variant 3 times. I'll wait.

#31 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostBagheera, on 26 March 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

I have 3 mechs of a given chassis. I can get them custom skins at 75mc per or I can unlock for that chassis for 750 mc. Aka, the cost of 10 individual skins.

Yeah, thought so. The skin unlock pricing is ******** and they'd sell a lot more skins if they fixed it.

It currently makes more sense to buy 3 different skins for each of 3 different variants (9 skins) of the same chassis than it does to purchase a single chassis wide unlock.

What I was meaning was:

Patterns and Hero mechs are the only way for the devs/publishers to make money with this game (apart from the special stuff like ProPhoenix or the Clans)
And if you look at other games and how they bring you into buying cruel things like "gold ammo" or stuff like that, MWO is more than fair for just making the (useless for gameplay) patterns costing money.

#32 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 26 March 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Name one mech that you can't change the pattern on 10 times. Or each variant 3 times. I'll wait.

And that justifies charging 10x the cost of a single skin to unlock it for what will be at most 5-7 mechs?

Even if I bought every skin available for every mech in the game and changed them between every match, the individual variant price still makes more sense than the chassis unlock price.

@Iqfish - that's the point. They'd sell way more chassis unlocks if it actually made economic sense for the consumer to buy them over single variant skins.

Of course they have to make sales, but they're only shooting themselves in the foot, or hoping their player base can't do basic math.

Edited by Bagheera, 26 March 2014 - 04:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users