Purchase Empty Chassis

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Purchase Empty Chassis (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to buy empty mech chassis?

1. Yes (27 votes [81.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. Yes, but as an MC only option (2 votes [6.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

3. No (4 votes [12.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Supersmacky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 239 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

The idea is that after a while people accumulate a stockpile of equipment, weapons and ammo. So, being able to buy empty chassis of various mech would allow players to more quickly customize their load outs to what they have/what they want. It would also cut down on the spare gear just sitting around in your inventory.

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

I'd say only to rebuy a previously owned chassis, but I do like the idea.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

I would like to be able to chose if I want to buy the stock varient, or stripped varient, if I already have a stockpile of a specific engine why would I want another mech that comes with it, especialy if I plan to swap it out?

if PGI implement this I would usualy buy the stripped varient unless another variant came with an engine I wanted or all the upgrades

#4 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

I like the idea. Perhaps as a special designation to separate it from stock models. That way you know what you are getting beforehand. The price of the Mech would be offset also because you would have to purchase an engine, any additional heat sinks that it may need, weapons, ammo, etc. It should have plenty of Hardpoint options from the get go. I believe that this is a good option and I thank you for suggesting it.
For PGI this could easily be implemented, as the base framework already exists for these Mechs. All they really have to do is just add special designation tag to these Mechs. Say E for Experimental as an example. Unlike champion variants, I think that these stripped Mechs should get their own place for the accumulation of XP.

#5 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 27 March 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I like the idea. Perhaps as a special designation to separate it from stock models. That way you know what you are getting beforehand. The price of the Mech would be offset also because you would have to purchase an engine, any additional heat sinks that it may need, weapons, ammo, etc. It should have plenty of Hardpoint options from the get go. I believe that this is a good option and I thank you for suggesting it.
For PGI this could easily be implemented, as the base framework already exists for these Mechs. All they really have to do is just add special designation tag to these Mechs. Say E for Experimental as an example. Unlike champion variants, I think that these stripped Mechs should get their own place for the accumulation of XP.

But then in order to master a chassis you would still have to buy 2 others with duplicates of all the engines & equipment you have left over from other machines and they would be potentially overpowered through shear hardpoint volume.

Edited by HimseIf, 27 March 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#6 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

If this is done it would need to be MC only or at a value of like 200% of the chassis for cbills

Lets say I want to buy a Centurion D

The mech's value stock is 8,158,590 cbills
- the 300XL at 4.9m
- Weapons at 1.420230m
- upgrades at 1.170240m

That puts the chassis with armor at 668,120 cbills

So the cost of a striped chassis should be something like $1,336,240. So you would get a discount for buying a fully loaded stock mech.

I think if you call up a dealer and ask for the price of a new Chevy Camaro without the engine and the price of the stock engine by itself you'll find the two will come to more than the price of the car as a whole.

#7 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

They could call the certified pre owned mechs or something Totally stripped. I like it

I think if you call up a dealer and ask for the price of a new Chevy Camaro without the engine and the price of the stock engine by itself you'll find the two will come to more than the price of the car as a whole.

But if you inquired about the price of a stripped down chassis, it would be significantly lower.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users