Vehicle Packages For Planet Capture

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

OK how about the ability for commanders to buy vehicle packages to take with you in a drop, they should not be counted as extra weight in drops. these packages should include something like 5 tanks 5 lrm carries. or battlearmour, they should be expensive. and only one per drop for both sides.that should make things a bit interesting. dont shoot me now its just an idea. of course all these should be a.i driven.
this should not be available for normal pug games where you are just fighting a tdm

Edited by Sudden, 27 March 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#2 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

PGI... developing an AI that is capable of handling multiple vehicles... (not to mention massive additional server load due to many many scripts running)

of how many years do we talk here?

(seriously though, PGI stated they´d "look into possibilities" and this idea has been brought up several times already... expect nothing like that too soon)

also ..."for Commanders" would require something like "commanders" (and roles in general) in the first place... uhm yea, need i say more?

Edited by Alex Warden, 27 March 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#3 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

Why not just have both sides have a line of re-spawning vehicles that drive to the center and shoot each other and the player's 'Mechs? Then whichever side supports their vehicle team better will win in taking the objective.

Before people try to strangle me through the internet for basically suggesting a MOBA/ARTS approach to a game mode, the presence of NPC's to support might see some new play styles, such as builds meant to squish the vehicles instead of kill players.

Layman's terms: There's a chance of fewer poptarts and AC spammers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users