3 replies to this topic

#1 War Kitten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnder a Cat

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

Greetings All,

First off I would like to thank everyone who has made MWO a reality. You all have done a *wonderful* job and I for one would like to thank you very much! ;>

Now on to business: I have been working with my first two mechs (BJ3 & BJ1X), and have been playing with the Lab to learn it. I have read about BJs fielding Gauss & AC load outs and thought I would like to try that, but when I go to "loadout" in the Lab, all that shows up under weapons is energy type. That is the only tab I can find for weaps. I have went through my 'mechs from one end to the other looking for a 'Ballistic' or 'Missle" tab, but, can't find one.

The tutorials on the Lab look different from what I have, I assumed because of the lastest patch I d/led. I have tried looking everywhere I could think of to try and other weapons than 'energy' ones, but I am really that much of a noob or just blind.

The Lab I use have most all the tabs to the left side and when I highlight say, left arm, the tabs energy, equipmet and ammo come up, but no others. I thought at first this was because the BJ series couln't mount anything other than energy.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction, please?
Sorry for the length....
Thank you all for your help and advice!

War Kitten
"The Right of The People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed!"

#2 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

If you follow this link ... there is an online mechlab that allows you to easily experiment with builds. It is updated with every patch and generally has a lot of useful info.

As for the rest ...
You can't place a ballistic weapon into a location that only has energy hardpoints. The number and type of hardpoints is shown for each location by different symbols with different colors.

For example ... your BJ-3 and BJ-1X only have energy hardpoints and a special AMS hardpoint that can only be filled with AMS (Anti-Missile System). In order to use ballistic weapons on a BlackJack you'll need either BJ-1 or BJ-1DC, that have 1 ballistic hardpoint in each arm. MechLab will not show you weapons for the hardpoints not present in a currently selected location.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 26 March 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#3 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

Hi and Welcome!

(at work, so only a quick and short posting, sorry)

View PostWar Kitten, on 26 March 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

[...] The Lab I use have most all the tabs to the left side and when I highlight say, left arm, the tabs energy, equipmet and ammo come up, but no others. I thought at first this was because the BJ series couln't mount anything other than energy. [...]

Your first thought is correct. Don't search any further - You got the two BJ variants, which have only energy Hardpoints - neither of them sports ballistic or missile hardpoints.

Follow the Link Phoenix provided - its really a nice site! Take a look at the variants of a chasis (e.g. here, the BJ's). The colored indication of the hardpoints give a good overview, which variant has which type of hardpoints in which component :huh:

In your case, the BJ's variants which do sport ballistic would be the BJ-1 and the BJ-1DC (and BJ-1 Champion).
None of the BJ's feature missile hardpoints.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostWar Kitten, on 26 March 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Can anyone help point me in the right direction, please?
Sorry for the length....
Thank you all for your help and advice!

Long posts are pretty common. Usually on the answering side of things.
I think the first step here is that you have the only two energy-only Blackjacks. o.o

If it helps, this video while using somewhat awkward mature language and references takes stock mech (the Ember) and rebuilds it into an autocannon totting slow light. I need to do another building video.

The Blackjacks BJ-1 and BJ-1DC are the only two with ballistic hardpoints. I do appologise.

With your current Gauss Rifle plans a bit shot, these two videos use the Blackjack BJ-1X. Hope you enjoy.
Blackjack Ninja Ray Pew Pew. (Ninja Re Bang Bang).
The Panicking BJ (took on an Atlas head-on, almost dies, so then goes on to fight lights and other mechs while having so little health that simply running into another mech would kill it).

------------

Question: "What do you call physical or mental torture used to make a person obey you."
Answer: "Da dun da-dum, da dun da-dum..."

View PostBallimbo, on 26 March 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

None of the BJ's feature missile hardpoints.

BJ-2. Not yet available but as mentioned in the past, "more variants may be released sometime down the road." Some of us are still hopeful.

Edited by Koniving, 26 March 2014 - 01:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users