1 reply to this topic

#1 Warrior UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUK South Coast (Sussex)

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

We have been able to name our mechs for a while now but they do not show up on the battlefield, yes I know this opens the door for players to name mechs with offensive names but not only you have the abillity to to find those players and remove those names but the player base can also report names, there will also be a few names that will be funny, but the main reason I am suggesting this is that on the forums there are many threads that suggest that you are not doing enough to encourage group play or for that matter enough for the groups. Tactically the re-naming of a mech showing on the battlefield would change play due to not knowing what the player was going to bump into untill visually seen unless told in group chat also groups that play together could name their mechs after their clan, this will also encoursge teamwork in game as players would then see one or more lances that are grouped, IE, '57Th Lancers' or 'The Black Night Legion', if I was playing as a pug and dropped seeing four players with something like that then I would group up with them to form a bigger group, even abbreviated clan/group names would also have the same effect, this will also help new players and other groups form up, warnigs could be added to discourage bad naming to the point of period blocking the account to banning but as many players have put £££'s and $$$'s into their accounts then they would be cutting their own throats to risk losing the account. Many other ideas can form from this even along the lines of rewards for groups further along the line of development.

Getting onto my next subject, Maps, for sometime now we have had many new items, mechs and wot-nots added to the game with the maps section left on the back shelf which just gets a mention now and then, December was the last which many thought was just a suger cube to help with the dissapointment of not getting what we thought was going to be added to the game at that time HPG. I am sure that you have not run out of ideas in this department, and I for one would love to see a large underground tunnel/mine map with medium to large cavern areas on a hot map which would mean that heat vision would be useless with only night vision used, re-thinking of builds would also come into play due to being in caves as LRMS would be wasted due to hitting top of cave, the caverns could have water pools in them and the only places where Lerms could be used (if any fitted), little bolt holes for lights to run and be the pain they are, these sort of maps would be a joy to play and get your teeth into to master as a group/player.

With all the stuff that has been added to the game so far, a new influx of maps is needed and not just one or two but about four maybe more, taking the number so far of thirteen, some of which are the same maps but night, to the mid teens.

Edited by Warrior UK, 26 March 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#2 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

I'm surprised they haven't made night versions or alternate weather versions of some of the existing maps. In theory, that would save considerably on resources while offering some new game play.

There are other threats with all this covered, but Tourmaline at Night could be interesting, or a flooded or misty, rain-washed Canyon Network... just some ideas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users