Salvage!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Na.....I'm fine with the way things are right now. If we need some kind of boost to the rewards then a boost to amount of C-bills per point of damage done is enough.
That would reward those that work hard and contribute most to their team.

I understand what you want though. I wanted the same thing in the beginning but now i'm okay with the way things are right now.

#2 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 March 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

PGI could give us stuff according to: How Damaged the Destroyed mechs are, How many weapons on each mech were destroyed, and then distribute them evenly amongst the players (of the winning team).

I'M not splitting my salvage evenly with the idiot in the 40 kph Awesome who decided he was going to try to "Stealth" around the enemy in assault and ends up in some distant corner of the map with full ammo and no damage when the rest of the team did all the work.

Also, the AFK farming would be pretty terrible I imagine as well.

Edited by LauLiao, 26 March 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#3 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 26 March 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'M not splitting my salvage evenly with the idiot in the 40 kph Awesome who decided he was going to try to "Stealth" around the enemy in assault and ends up in some distant corner of the map with full ammo and no damage when the rest of the team did all the work.

Also, the AFK farming would be pretty terrible I imagine as well.

I won't say such harsh words but otherwise i completly agree. Good point about the AFK farmers LauLiao.

#4 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Well maybe if you can only salvage components you destroyed yourself. Also instead of recieving a fully repaired part like in older games maybe you can store the damaged one as a one time "discount" on the next time you buy said part as if you payed the c-bills to repair it.

#5 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 March 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Yeah. If PGI set a sensor that scans if they did any damage or not they could make it so farmers or idiots couldn't get any.

Good point. Hm...I guess that might me an unintentional farmer though. I hit a lot of mechs as i race across the map with my ER LL equipped Jenner.
It's not that i aim for getting as many assists as possible. I just want to confuse the enemy and not attract too much attention that would become lethal too quickly.

View PostSleek34, on 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Well maybe if you can only salvage components you destroyed yourself. Also instead of recieving a fully repaired part like in older games maybe you can store the damaged one as a one time "discount" on the next time you buy said part as if you payed the c-bills to repair it.

Now this is truly a great idea.

#6 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostSleek34, on 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Oooh, nice twist. I like it. Don't know how hard it would be to code but thumbs up to you.

#7 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

I got really drunk and said "you guys should make salvage like lockboxes in other games, where paying money has a chance for unlocking better keys (or technicians as I called them) for better stuff" and Russ said that they couldn't do stuff like that because of Canadian gambling laws.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users