Full Battletech Universe

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Full Battletech Universe (2 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you like to be added

1. Infantry, yeah, i feel like a kamikaze (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Tanks, legs are in my way (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Aircrafts, I'm hight (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tsohg

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well i thought about this, but battletech universe is not only about mechs. Of course they're the most awesome looking stuff, but what about infantry units tanks and aircrafts?

Tanks (refered to as Combat Vehicle most of the time) : They are... well basically they're cheaper, more compacts, kind of mechs (with no legs). Those'd be mechs designs with hard to hit "legs" a central torso that'd be the body of the tank, and a "upper torso", that'd be the tank main turret, were most of the weapons would be stored. Additionnaly there could be some more turrets that'd suit the "arms" actual system just perfectly

Infantry : I remember from "MW2 : mercenaries" that there were 1t mechs, while not really usefull they were a nightmare to aim at even for a jenner or commando due to their sheer speed. They could only feat small lasers and flamers (2 of any of those, 1 in each arms) back then (yeah i know, each of those are 1t, i think they were that way back then too, don't ask me about maths) and were down in one successfull shot most of the time, but adding that kind of annoying little things could be fun and they'd do really great as scouts (let alone if some could feat ECM) from an assault mech you could barely see them (but they were really useless at damage dealing as i said, 2 small lasers and barely any heat synch would be their best assets, i wouldn't go for flamers, low armor and huge speed means you're dead if you hit a wall, or a mech)

All the mechanisms would be the same for those two things and they'd still be mechs kindda.

There were aircrafts back then too : Well, aircrafts would be a little too much cause most mechs can't aim upward at all in MWO (thought some other stuff would do great, i mean battletech aircrafts are about the same weight categories as the mechs) on the other hand aircrafts can't stay at the same place (or they'd fall) so sooner or later they'd be in your sight. I mean if they can't flight under a certain speed that'd do.

"What about height?" will you probably say. Most aircrafts have a maximum height they can reach and under a certain height it's dangerous to flight so what about this : making aircrafts mechs with jumpjets (with no limit?) who'd move on a highter "ground" than average mechs.

Some aircrafts are actually spacecrafts, yeah, i know that, but most aircrafts are not that much armored, at most they're equals to light mechs in that regard so instead of having lots of armor they'd have more jumpjets and a more powerfull engine.

Why do i ask for such a thing? Visually that'd be great don't you think so?

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Tsohg, 26 March 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#2 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

PGI has too much to worry about at the moment to make this.

For now you can settle with Mechwarrior Living Legends mod since it has all that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users