Under Review

2 replies to this topic

#1 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

I think the last time my computer updated windows 8.1 my java stopped working and no matter how I try to fix the problem it will not stay working, tried using ie 11, safari, and firefox no luck on getting java to work any ideas!

#2 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

guess I put this thread in the wrong spot, meh. anyway got it working again...

#3 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

ok, it seems the problem is back, installed, uninstalled java numerous times. Java website stated this, as a Developer your probably aware of the security problems the updated Java script is avoiding.
btw I have java 8 64bit.

Posted ImagePrintable Version
Why are Java applications blocked by your security settings with the latest Java?
This article applies to:
  • Java version(s): 7.0
SYMPTOMS

Starting with Java 7 Update 51, trying to run Java applications generates messages

Java applications are blocked by your security settings.
Missing Application-Name manifest attribute
Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar
CAUSE

Java has further enhanced security to make the user system less vulnerable to external exploits. Starting with Java 7 Update 51, Java does not allow users to run applications that are not signed (unsigned), self-signed (not signed by trusted authority) or that are missing permission attributes.
Risks involved in running applications
  • Unsigned application

An application without a certificate (i.e. unsigned apps), or missing application Name and Publisher information are blocked by default. Running this kind of application is potentially unsafe and present higher level of risk.
  • Self-signed application (Certificate not from trusted authority)

An application with self-signed certificate is blocked by default. Applications of this type present the highest level of risk because publisher is not identified and the application may be granted access to personal data on your computer.
  • Jar file missing Permission Attribute

Permissions Attribute verifies that the application requests the permission level that developer specified. If this attribute is not present, it might be possible for an attacker to exploit a user by re-deploying an application that is signed with original certificate and running the application at a different privilege level.

Edited by SgtMagor, 03 April 2014 - 09:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users