Team Damage Not Team Kills

24 replies to this topic

Poll: PGI should change the stat 'Team Kills' to 'Total Team Damage' (110 member(s) have cast votes)

PGI should change the stat 'Team Kills' to 'Total Team Damage'

1. Yes (7 votes [6.36%])

Percentage of vote: 6.36%

2. No (7 votes [6.36%])

Percentage of vote: 6.36%

3. Keep Team Kill but also add Team damage. (96 votes [87.27%])

Percentage of vote: 87.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

As a new player, it is not until I have seen the latest tournament scores that I have had an accurate reflection of just how much friendly fire I have been doing, on a match-by-match basis. While I actively try to avoid shooting my teamates, I do appear to be less accurate than I had thought I was.

That said, deducting team damage from match results would serve to give accurate feedback to players on an ongoing basis, as well as a financial incentive to improve their accuracy. Good Dog, now shoot straight.

#22 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

imho teamdamage should be punished as it mostly happens because people simple don't care whom they hit.

However there are some factors which should be taken into account:

- how far is the next enemie away from the friendly beeing hit? for example if several mechs are engaged in brawling there is a high risk of hitting teammates or getting hit by teammates without intention even if people are carefull. In such a case the punishment for it should not be as high as if someone just shoots at everything that moves.

- was the friendly being hit visible for the mech that shot him for a certain time? like that guy was walking in front of you for 20 seconds and that you shot and complain about walking into the fireline or someone just jumping into to your fireline in the moment you pulled the trigger.

- the highest punishment should be applied if people shoot teammates without being engaged with enemies - such as people testing their weapons at the start.

Edited by MilesTeg1982, 21 November 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#23 Dramastorm

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBeautiful BC, Tofino

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

isnt it already factored in just doesnt show the minus on the scorecard? recent tourny had teamdmg as a minus to overall tourny score so im prettttty sure its there

Sometimes there are some pretty large grey area's around this. For instance the other day some dude dropped on my head during a fight and it glitched us both, while hes riding on my head my legs are taking repeated and very fast dmg and the only way I could alert him before I lost my second leg and died was to shoot him. So while I get legged and nearly eat dirt he isnt penalized however I am because I had to shoot him to alert him and get him to move off my head

#24 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Why should I be penalized for other peoples stupidity for not watching team mates line of fire. Fair enough for a Tk yes I do agree there should be a higher penality. But please watch your firing line.

#25 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:36 PM

so individually you can go in and see what you did for team damage....

thank you

now can we get that on the game summary tab so everyone can see who (probably) shot them in the back?

please and thank you

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users