Super Mech!

4 replies to this topic

#1 ormarom

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

If you buy ALL mech variants (including hero mech) of a chassis and reach "Master" level for all these variants.
you will be able to choose ONE chassis variant
(or automatically chosen the one with the most XP )
which will get BasicX4 and the EliteX2!

Incentive for you devs:
Get more money from selling hero mechs! - you will not need to do "sales" on them anymore.
plus in order to keep the super mech "alive" user is forbidden of selling any of the variants! -
You get more money on mech bays!

I will get to have an option to keep upgrading my favorite mechs (Catapults)!

Thanks,
Or

#2 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I love my Firestarters, Catapults, and Victors but this is a really bad idea. Basic x4 and Elite x2 is WAY too op =/

EDIT: And if you have to buy a hero chassis it's basically pay to win.
Would love to see some more chassis / weight class specific mech efficencies though :lol:

Edited by Kaeseblock, 26 March 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#3 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostKaeseblock, on 26 March 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

EDIT: And if you have to buy a hero chassis it's basically pay to win.

This.

This could be avoided, if we exclude hero 'Mechs, but with 'Mechs that have more than 4 CB variants (e.g. Hunchback, Trebuchet), and thus require you to buy an extra 'Mech bay or do some buy-sell-buy shennanigans to level them all, it's a pay to win concept in my book.

But getting something for your effort that does not provide a numeric advantage, like a statue for your cockpit, would be a nice (and non-P2W) way incentive for getting all the variants and dragging these 'Mechs to mastery.

#4 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

I like the cockpit item, master the hunchie get a hunchie statue. Maybe something else... like unlocking a mech specific quirk for mastering all variants ...something that should be there...awesome 8Q is able to fire 3 PPCs without ghost heat... Another that crossed my mind was if you mastered all variants of a mech chassis and one of those chassis is the variant the house you belong to then you get a bonus 10% C-Bill increase due to easier repairs/part replacement. Something to get traditional house mechs to be used by said house.

#5 cyberstrabadi

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

Yeap i agree with mp on the house mechs.As for the super mech its kinda scary.I just imagined some specific mechs being that kind of OP , will be one shot death.I dont know about the super mech Orm seems to me a bit too OP and pro players will me smashing through every pug in the game , not that they don`t do now but it will be a massacre!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users