- - - - -

Mech Camo

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kent Shou

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHussar's HQ, Proserpina

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

So I finally dropped about $15 on colours and camo to just realize as soon as I tried to apply it to my other mechs. I have to buy camo for each specific mech? I was under the assumption that the one time use was just that, a one time use for one mech. I assumed unlocking it would allow me to use it on all my other mechs? Should I have just bought one time use for all my mechs to save money(I don't plan on switching my camo).

Seems abit dumb, I unlock the colours for good. Why not the camo?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Camo unlocks for all mechs of a specific chassis (IE, for all Hunchbacks). The permanent unlock allows you to change the pattern an unlimited number of times (to either the default camo or to any other camo pattern you own for that mech)

Unless you plan to change camo pattern multiple times, the one-time unlock is much more economical.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

I agree that the camo part can suck without an explanation. Though when you consider the work involved, for every pattern they make they are having to pay the texture artist to do a 'version' of it on every single mech that ever comes out. Some of them so visually unique to each other that they require multiple pass-overs.

I personally have a lot of camos.

One thing you can do is that there is a one time, one item fix that support will do for any problem. mwosupport@mwomercs.com
Personally though, I kinda collect them to change whimsically and I love some of the stuff I come up with. Though to save money, buy during sales and read the fine print on said sales.

If you ever want paint or camo ideas, take a gander here. Lots of impressive visuals using various patterns and colors to be found through its pages. The farther in the pages the more recent, too.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

And, of course, there are other games where you'll spend that entire $15 on a single skin :P

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I know those!

Also know ones where you'd spend 20 dollars to permanently unlock a pay-only shotgun that will get you kicked out of 90% of the matches you try to join and is blatantly useless in the only game mode where people can't otherwise complain about you using it. Had plenty of those experiences. Still shocked they'd ask 3 dollars to rent it for 1 month and 9 dollars to rent it for 3 months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users