Comics In Mwo Universe

5 replies to this topic

#1 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hi,

I dont know if anyone thought about that before. If so, forgive me. But here we go...

This post is for the producers, if any read this topics.

How about using comics to make the MWO universe more deep? I´m not saying Mechwarrior universe, but Mechwarrior online universe. This one everyone shares between games and foruns topics. Because, let´s face it: it´s too damn dificult to bring the novels to MWO, but we keep forgeting that another "story" is being told on its own way.

I imagined something like SirDubDub is already doing, but within another line: http://mwomercs.com/...71#entry2739771
Or even like Hawken comics tried to do. And I´m sure that you have artists and writers to do that easily. Damn, you have artists among your players, including me.

It could follow so many ways, like representing epic battles in tournaments with names of real players or using winners in tournaments as protagonists in cool and epic stories. You could sell the books and give them as prizes... Imagination is the limit.

I´m sure that there are many incredible artists here that would love to do something like this. Give me a story or a script, for example, anything, and I could draw and paint some really cool pages.

I don´t know if anyone will see this or even agree with me, but man... it would be fun to see this come to reality.

Edited by Albatroz, 27 March 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#2 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostAlbatroz, on 27 March 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Give me a story or a script, for example, anything, and I could draw and paint some really cool pages.

Tens of hundreds of Mechwarriors are randomly pitted against each other in arbitrary combat in a baffling series of small meaningless engagements that take place over the same terrain over and over again until they realize that they can end their pointless existence by simply uninstalling. It was all a dream.

Go.

Edited by Sug, 27 March 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#3 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostSug, on 27 March 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Tens of hundreds of Mechwarriors are randomly pitted against each other in arbitrary combat in a baffling series of small meaningless engagements that take place over the same terrain over and over again until they realize that they can end their pointless existence by simply uninstalling. It was all a dream.

Go.

Yeah, I saw that coming.

Well, it takes creativity to watch every battle as a small story and at the same time abstract map limitations. For example, when I was completely outnumbered with my lance, we cornered ourselves in line to make a resistance while a hunchie shut down behind a building and waited to take atackers from behind. It was epic and we won. Yes, I know most battles are just a bunch of dumb kids running around shooting anything (and now making rain LRMs without even thinking), but there are some really cool matches that could become great story materials.

I also know that this kind of project is only accepted as a viable product when non creative people see something in their hands. The problem is that I won´t do that for free. I´m from a poor country and have bills to pay with an illustrator income. That´s why I´m trying to reach some people that can do it... If not, whatever. It´s just ONE idea. I just thought it could be really nice.

I´m just glad that SirDubDub is already doing that on his own.

#4 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostAlbatroz, on 27 March 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Well, it takes creativity to watch every battle as a small story and at the same time abstract map limitations.

No I get it.

View PostSug, on 26 March 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

I'm just saying that any lore, background, or context for the matches or any sense of purpose or continuity or that the outcomes of the matches matter or effect subsequent matches in any meaningful way come entirely from my own imaginings.

Hook up with the people in the Fan Art and Fan Fiction forums and get them collaborating.

#5 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for the tip! But I was not intending to make a fan art or suggesting that someone do that for free. There are several professional artists out there. I´m posting this here hoping that game producers pay real money so that some artist or artists make a great product that will benefit their main product. Simply because it´s not that hard to do, not that expensive and kind of has been done before. And more importantly, I really think fans would like to see themselves represented there in their own mechs and colors. They even have their own artistic team to do that if they want it.

#6 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Imagine this combined with Solaris. 4 players each in their own mech weight classes win their weightclass tournaments.
The finale matches become comics. To keep things more interresting in the comic AC40 boats (Boating meta) is forbidden in the tournament.

When you read a comic you want to see the characters fighting hard rather than doing the same thing over and over again afterall.

I wrotte a 2 chapter backstory for a corpbuddy of mine. It was surprisingly popular in the corp. I can easily imagine that story as a comic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users