Replace Stock Load Out For New Players

2 replies to this topic

#1 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Not really a "feature" in the general sense of the word but a needed change non the less.

It has been said at least 100x before i think, but it deserves to be repeated (again)

Stock mechs are not good for new players.

Coming from trial champions to stock load-out "first bought" is a step backwards. Giving every new player equal chances vs the others will keep potential new long-term-paying-players in the game.

The most important thing is the heat on stock mechs (has been said 1000x times before at least) They need to come with doubles. Newbies shut down every 3 shots and LEAVE MWO. I have seen this happen to so many new players that i convinced to try MWO and just laughed at how they weren't able to do anything (even after getting their own mech).

So i propose to give every mech a C-bill community-made variant. Let us (=players) figure out some nice cheap builds and offer those next to the lore-stock-loudouts. Without XP bonus of course. But WITH DOUBLE HEATSINKS
The voluntary admins that are running around here can manage this, no problem. It will keep more players in MWO so every one wins.

Really, this can't be a big investment from payed employees to implement, add some community made mechs to the already present list shouldn't be more than a couple of days work.

#2 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

They could make it so if your loadout is exactly stock... that you are queued with other stocks...

Or an even grander idea, balance the game better so stocks aren't trash, just "decent" - they are trash for reasons due to literally the underlying elements of the game design.

I'm sure you are aware, a good portion (not all) of actual stock mechs with SHS are heat neutral in TT or close to it. If the game requires that a newbie install DHS to get by, then it speaks of poor game design.

There is also an appeal for exact canon loadouts too of course - its like playing a historical WW2 battle where each side has specific "variants" of vehicles - some crap, some "ok" - except with Mechs.

Edited by General Taskeen, 27 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#3 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

I am.

Your suggestion would take way more work. I am suggesting an addition to current lists. This should be relatively easy to do and get results immidiatly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users