The Mwo Community

8 replies to this topic

#1 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

I have vast experience in all mw games from I to mercs , hardcore, NBT,MWL, MWA, and I play a host of other online games with people from all parts of our tiny world. I was struck by the lack of faction interface; no guild chat , no form of communication in mech lab, no build in voice communication . I mean really, even DDO has build in voice. I wonder how many young people with mommies credit card get bored and leave because a lack of interface, even within their own guild. Not everyone can confidently log into and talk frankly on Vent or TS, specially on private servers. To join a guild in MWO should mean you immediatly are greeted by many mech warriors by written word, as all other games. Get it done.

Cry engine on Rift for example is amazing, the interface dynamic, your hud layout completely customisable . What happened here? MWO mech lab looks like a twelve year old designed it.
All the important things are hidden under 8 clicks of nonsense, or more, and the cartoonish drawings of huge black and white weapons filling the screen, covering your mech as you try to build it. Its nothing less than incompatance.

I strongly suggest you incorporate a guild/faction/ or allegance written interface quickly, just so you can attract the new players , not accustomed to Vent Or TS. And ffs get build in voice comms working, so pug drops are not so hopeless. Let the bold speak out and be heard even by the ignorant.

Tiny little fixes like this will , over time increase the player base, as it will introduce such strange things as "GIRLS" into the game interface. Girls who want to be heard at the touch of a button. When you get an interface within the game , seperate from "private Vent or TS", you will have a new community. Suck them in, get them addicted.

After spending some money, greatful to finally have another MW game , losing another year of my life waiting for something to happen, promises to be kept ; Its time to say how I feel.

Without even an actual galactic map, real time holdings or decent stats board for hardcore gamers to keep tabs on their performance, I find myself unable to log into MWO very offten. I will not spend another dime until promises are fulfilled. I log in only to see if you have done anything yet. I dont want new mechs, I want to hear the voice behind the bashful, see their writing on the faction chat. I want the game to have the basics of any modern online game. MWO simply does not. FIX IT. Make it easy for hardcore Mech Warriors to draw in new blood. Your the producers, the profiteers , you HAVE to know how important it is to make it as easy as possible for people like me to catch new interest and , talk to them, build their intrest using the ingame chat. Not all gamers are here just to kill people, some like talking, typing, and socializing just as much as the actual game content. You should make that as easy as possible the moment they download the game. Voice should be difault in drops, and a push to talk button default. General MWO chat should be enabled by default so people can find guilds easily, or just mingle. I know you can do better than 2.0, which actually drove me away from MWO. Think of the social aspects, this is an online game, stop thinking your so different from everyone else. We need NOOB social players who spend money, so make it easy for us to suck them in, even if they such as pilots.

Edited by DaangeroussDann, 26 March 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#2 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

From the get go, PGI has made it their number 1 priority to make the core of the game (the actual battles) their main focus. And they hit some heavy roadblocks. They're still working on re-adding collisions which back in the day were very much bugged.

All those bells and whistles you mentioned? They'd have time and resources to spend on them had they not encountered such resource intensive issues making the core game.

And, personally, I am glad they did. Those 5 to 15 minutes when I'm in a match are enjoyable. I hone my skills and try new techniques. Like a golfer playing the same course over and over to get better at what they enjoy doing.

For those who wish to have a more expansive experience outside of a match... well, if you don't like dropping now, you might not like dropping later. It will still be the same thing, Mech on Mech combat.

Edited by Dracol, 26 March 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#3 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Ah the hopefulness of youth.
So refreshing.

#4 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostDracol, on 26 March 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

From the get go, PGI has made it their number 1 priority to make the core of the game (the actual battles) their main focus. And they hit some heavy roadblocks. They're still working on re-adding collisions which back in the day were very much bugged.

All those bells and whistles you mentioned? They'd have time and resources to spend on them had they not encountered such resource intensive issues making the core game.

And, personally, I am glad they did. Those 5 to 15 minutes when I'm in a match are enjoyable. I hone my skills and try new techniques. Like a golfer playing the same course over and over to get better at what they enjoy doing.

For those who wish to have a more expansive experience outside of a match... well, if you don't like dropping now, you might not like dropping later. It will still be the same thing, Mech on Mech combat.

Well said, and I should add to their favor; This is by far, the best physics any of the mech Warrior games have offered , ever! I love the game play, Very good job there. I simply fear that time is not on my side, I grow old waiting, now 46, in may 47, and not much has changed cept 2.0 , which IMO is a complete step backwards, the previous mech lab was much more functional. The promoting of Clan mechs that are not even yet available, the request for money today for promises tomorrow seem desperate. I mean how many times can I kick @$$ on the same map , in the same game type before getting bored to death. Wait,, I can tell you, the answer is " less than a year of hard core playing, 26 chasis mastered. I'm bored now.

They need money, to get money, we need more player base. To stay the course is to remain small and broke. Not changing much year in and year out. Need new blood to do that. Hence my posts. I have not been playing for the last couple months, will not spend a dime. They lost me, and I'm a die hard from ALL previous versions of mech warrior. I'm trying to help, before I disapear forever.

#5 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostDaangeroussDann, on 26 March 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

I mean how many times can I kick @$$ on the same map , in the same game type before getting bored to death. Wait,, I can tell you, the answer is " less than a year of hard core playing, 26 chasis mastered. I'm bored now.

just a suggestion, take it or leave it. Try to get out of your comfort zone. 26 chasis mastered... that's leaving a lot of different mechs and their different play styles available to try and become proficient in. So far, mastering 45 mechs has kept me busy the past 2 years.

#6 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostDracol, on 26 March 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

just a suggestion, take it or leave it. Try to get out of your comfort zone. 26 chasis mastered... that's leaving a lot of different mechs and their different play styles available to try and become proficient in. So far, mastering 45 mechs has kept me busy the past 2 years.

NOOB!! I have thousands from mw 1, mw 2, 3, 4, black knight, vengence, mercs and every league that ever existed,, plz,, this has all been done before, the game never really died, people still play the older verstions over this one. Maybe you simply dont have 15 years experience in MW, and led dozens of guilds. You miss the point. If you think things are going good for MWO at this pace, I say your delusional. They are in trouble, if something does not change, they will always be bottom feeders. And another group will take the ball and run with it. Losing me from MW take a LOT of fail. I'm a die hard.

Edited by DaangeroussDann, 26 March 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#7 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

View PostDaangeroussDann, on 26 March 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

NOOB!! I have thousands from mw 1, mw 2, 3, 4, black knight, vengence, mercs and every league that ever existed,, plz,, this has all been done before, the game never really died, people still play the older verstions over this one. Maybe you simply dont have 15 years experience in MW, and led dozens of guilds. You miss the point. If you think things are going good for MWO at this pace, I say your delusional. They are in trouble, if something does not change, they will always be bottom feeders. And another group will take the ball and run with it. Losing me from MW take a LOT of fail. I'm a die hard.

Wow... did I hit a nerve?
You say you are a Die Hard. Its a shame you let your expectations set you up for disappointment. Going into this, I put all expectations aside and judge the game from how much enjoyment I get from it. And considering I have yet to switch to a new game, it seems to have kept me very happy.

15 years... well, I was 19 that far back... been through a lot of games since playing Btech in high school. All those games you mentioned? yup played em to. But never really got into serious PvP with em cause... well, their mechanics were really lopsided to certain particular play styles and a dominance of tonnage.

MW Living Legends (Crysis mod, not on your list.. u sure you are a die hard?) that had the best game play of prior editions. But again, it was just working your way up to a bigger mech. Or aerospace fighter in my case. Loved Narcing mechs from 1k and then watching the rain pour in.

MW:O imho has actually developed a game that is not all about getting the biggest mech.

As for people playing older editions... and stating the game is failing when the Devs vision and implementation don't align with theirs... ya, heard it all before in other games. D&D for example was going to die with 4E.... but it got better and more people playing then any prior edition.

But then again, I enjoy my life. I don't see doom and gloom every where. On a nightly basis, my friends list in MW:O is lit up with veterans and new players dropping in game. I really enjoy this video game as my means of relaxation in the evening.

#8 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

And let's hear it for wild eyed optimism also!

#9 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostDracol, on 26 March 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

They're still working on re-adding collisions which back in the day were very much bugged.

Ah, Dragon bowling. That brings it back..... Those were the days.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users