Adjust Matchmaker To Automatically Drop Factions On Same Team.

7 replies to this topic

#1 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

Would it be too much trouble to add in a few lines of code to adjust the matchmaker to automatically drop factions together on the same team? You could program having the same faction dropping on the same side followed by merc and lone wolves and then factions that are most likely to be allied to another faction such as Davion-Steiner drops.

#2 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'd really like it if they did that too, but you have to account weight / mech class as well. At the end of the day it would be more than just a few lines of code. Still, it would be really cool. I'd prefer my Assault scout lances to be all Steiner.

#3 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

In PUGs, I kind of like dropping with other Houses. When CW eventually hits (hope, hope, hope), that won't be an option. I've made drop-buddies with a few people from other Houses that I wouldn't have under this system.

Once CW starts? I like this idea, although I hope they still have the "deathmatch" style game somewhere where people can drop without having it affect the wide world of the Inner Sphere; none of the consequences, just stompy, shooty mechs.

#4 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

This is the way it should be.
It's builds camaraderie between House units and provide that training environment everyone cry's about.
Then factions would actually mean something.
Death match is fine and good if now all too boring.
Wouldn't you like to mash some Mariks,skin some snakes and layout of Liaos's hmmmm?
Alas if only.

#5 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

There aren't enough players.

#6 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostSug, on 28 March 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

There aren't enough players.

Easy, although the matchmaker could prioritize the who drops together it will still fill up the last few spots with other players from other factions to save time for a drop.

There seems to be enough players that we are dropping and playing now Mr. Negative Nancy.

#7 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostAntharPrime, on 29 March 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

Easy, although the matchmaker could prioritize the who drops together it will still fill up the last few spots with other players from other factions to save time for a drop.

There seems to be enough players that we are dropping and playing now Mr. Negative Nancy.

They won't add a solo queue. They won't add a new player queue. The Elo threshold is set at a range of 1400 allowing the best players to be matched with the worst players.

And you think there's enough people to get good faction based matches?

#8 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostSug, on 29 March 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

And you think there's enough people to get good faction based matches?

Yes, I do see it happen on occasion by accident with the current matchmaker. I've had maybe a dozen or so nearly all Steiner drops with plenty more Davion-Steiner drops that only had 1-3 players that didn't quite match up with the faction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users