Battletech Cartoons Tv Series - Where Can I Get Them?

36 replies to this topic

#1 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Cheesy Mechwarrior Morning Cartoons with Agro's cartoon connection. I can only find dodgy ones on youtube and wish to see if I can purchase them somewhere so I can actually enjoy them! Apart from these cartoons mechwarrior only has a few cut scenes to watch.

Some of these have the cartoon connection logo on them! You simply cannot get them anywhere. Only these taped off TV epsodes are available and have very bad reception at that. You know you are scraping the bottom of the barrel when you rely on Australian channel 7 cartoon connection recorded episodes from saturday mornings.

Were these taped over by TV studios like everything else in the 80s/90s? (remember monty python lost some material that way)

Can anyone direct me to some cleaned up ones or somebody who is selling the originals?

Better yet. Are there any mechwarrior movies worth watching.... best mech movie I have seen is the cheese balls pacific rim.

#2 Sargon X

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 51 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

I have been wondering the same thing, so I'm interested in seeing the responses.

#3 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I have purposely held off watching them because the reception is so bad.

#4 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Speaking of the cheesy 80s...

#5 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

You will have to suffer through the low res versions (240p is the best there is) on youtube, but the first and only season is all there.

#6 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

;) Well at least I know why now.

#7 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

There was never a DVD/blu-ray release, youtube is the only way to watch it.

I wish that I had videotaped it back in the day, this show was aired a ton of times back in the day when I had a VCR hooked up. :)

#8 Pht

• 2,299 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 March 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

You cannot get them. After the lawsuit in 1995 the series was cancelled and all rights to it are now owned by Microsoft who has not released permission for them to be published.

?

Never heard of this one ... got source? :lol:

I don't recall any of the third party 'mechs being in the series, so I wonder about why they'd be canceled ... and how would MS have the rights for them?

From what little I know, MS only has the rights to video game implementations of the BT IP...

... which is NOT to say that you're wrong.

---

I've read posts by people on the official BT forums who VHS'ed them when they came out. But I have never seen them anywhere officially for sale. I don't even know if they got to VHS release officially or anything like that.

#9 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

You can get unnofficial copies of it here: [redacted]

I can't speak to the quality of them but I'm planning on picking them up myself.

Edited by Egomane, 04 April 2014 - 12:28 AM.
Nope!

#10 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

"Unofficial" copies are not something we want to share on the MWO forums. :)

It's either fully licensed distribution, then it fine, or it is something more shady and it has to stay out. I'd also have no problem with youtube links (as long as they don't only link further). Please keep that in mind for the future.

#11 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

what surprises me is that these are american cartoons yet the most content you'll find is the aussie broadcast, the clock shown in the corner was for schoolies in the nineties, agros cartoon connection showed them. you understand why australia too has a battletech background, well embeded with MW.

saban entertainment was responcible for adapting to syndication from FASA,

Posted Image

for aussies Saban also brought in samuri pizza cats amoungst other anime {i can only remember sailor moon, pokemon, bob in a bottle and some sonic adventures being broadcasted over to australia during the period, makes sense as they teamed with DIC and Marvel on occasions we got inspector gadget and the super mario bros super show of course} however it's unclear where the rights and property of these adaptions have gone now after the decades went by. would need to research the line of companyies to find out who owns the properties now and what they sell - distribute. so far haven't seen anything for the cartoon :)

interesting note TYCO {famous for the crash dummy toys} also produced mechs from the TV series as toys

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

they'd be bloody rare i'd reckon! ;)

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 04 April 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

LOL.

Tomorrow you might tell me someone made a BattleTech© school bag, a MechWarrior needlework kit or House Davion towels :D

P.S. @Archon you could always use PMs :D

*Passive sensors online, ECM on, heat sinks shut down* - Egomane, you have seen nothing :angry:

#13 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:24 AM

That's why I explicitly wrote "Forums". A forum is a public place. A private message, also simply known as PM, is not public. I can't moderate what I can not see (but a PM can be reported and then I see it).

#14 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 04 April 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

what surprises me is that these are american cartoons yet the most content you'll find is the aussie broadcast, the clock shown in the corner was for schoolies in the nineties, agros cartoon connection showed them. you understand why australia too has a battletech background, well embeded with MW.

saban entertainment was responcible for adapting to syndication from FASA,

Posted Image

for aussies Saban also brought in samuri pizza cats amoungst other anime {i can only remember sailor moon, pokemon, bob in a bottle and some sonic adventures being broadcasted over to australia during the period, makes sense as they teamed with DIC and Marvel on occasions we got inspector gadget and the super mario bros super show of course} however it's unclear where the rights and property of these adaptions have gone now after the decades went by. would need to research the line of companyies to find out who owns the properties now and what they sell - distribute. so far haven't seen anything for the cartoon :D

interesting note TYCO {famous for the crash dummy toys} also produced mechs from the TV series as toys

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

they'd be bloody rare i'd reckon! :D

I had all of those toys, with the original packaging and everything, until my mother threw them away while I was in college. For this, I will never forgive her.

#15 The Frog Coneth

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

Wave after wave of nostalgia... similar to the clan invasion i suppose.

I was wondering about the Mech Warrior book collection. Does anyone have suggestions? The only ones I have read were on the Jade Falcons. Cheers.

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostThe Frog Coneth, on 05 April 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Wave after wave of nostalgia... similar to the clan invasion i suppose.

I was wondering about the Mech Warrior book collection. Does anyone have suggestions? The only ones I have read were on the Jade Falcons. Cheers.

If you are looking for the Classic Battletech series, i suggest you Wolves on the Border (prior to the invasion, focused on Wolf's Dragoons vs House Kurita) and the Blood of Kerensky trilogy, the events of the invasion from Clan Wolf's point of view.

#17 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

its a shame that the battletech series got canceled and they didn't do more of those, they were great.

Edited by Jess Hazen, 05 April 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#18 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

i know a lot of you are nostalgic about this, but unless you were just a kid at the time, the cartoon was awful to everyone else. it missed the lore by a mile and the acting and writing was terrible. lawsuits were a block to its distribution, but what killed it was the lack of support by the players of the battetech universe. at the time I was doing some nielson ratings and I hit that scrap hard with a 2 page letter on the side about why it was so awful. your welcome humanity, your welcome

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 06 April 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

i know a lot of you are nostalgic about this, but unless you were just a kid at the time, the cartoon was awful to everyone else. it missed the lore by a mile and the acting and writing was terrible. lawsuits were a block to its distribution, but what killed it was the lack of support by the players of the battetech universe. at the time I was doing some nielson ratings and I hit that scrap hard with a 2 page letter on the side about why it was so awful. your welcome humanity, your welcome

Still it is the closes thing existing to an "official" MechWarrior movie. And i have seen far worse cartoons... ;)

Do you still have that letter?

#20 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 06 April 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Still it is the closes thing existing to an "official" MechWarrior movie. And i have seen far worse cartoons... ;)

Do you still have that letter?
nope, that was several computers ago /omgicantbelievehowoldiamgetting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users