?

#2 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I highly doubt that this can be done in order to avoid abuse.

However it should be noted that each weight class has its own Elo score so if you're frustrated with one weight class (matches are too easy or too hard), perhaps try another for a while.

#3 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Just make a new account. Granting ELO resets would defeat the purpose of having it in the first place. But of course you can always ask. Someone once told me there are no stupid questions...

Edited by BookWyrm, 28 March 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#4 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Well, you can always ask, but the answer will always be no.

#5 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Oh really? Didn't know each weight class has its own Elo score, thanks for the info.

What could explain that an evening I always end up in the losing team while it wasn't the case a day before of a few days ago? Often it's not even close to a tie. It's just bad luck ot the matchmaking system as something to do?

I'm about to go sleep, or maybe I'm already sleeping and this is just a nightmare?

I'm being positive, tomorrow will be a better day. ;)

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

timezone and time of playing as well as weekend/weekday makes a huge impact on the player mix that you are playing at any one time. Plus, the MM balances over a long period, not match to match. If you start grinding a new mech your experience will also be low since you have to unlock pilot skills and get used to your new ride.

#7 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

reset elo = you will be placed in the higher bracket again. You start with average(too high for new player) elo, then it lowers to your skill and adapts. You need to loose more.

#8 Xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationTrying desperately to get behind you for an Alpha Strike!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

As mentioned above, your ELO is different for each weight class, but it also changes (or has the possibilty of changing) every game based on your win/loss ratio.

If you dont mind tanking your W/L ratio, just lose a good deal of games in the weight class in question and that should help you out, at least for a little while...

Xiang

#9 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Stomps happen all the time, it's just the nature of the game. With no respawning, a numerical advantage quickly multiplies into more numerical advantage. Plus stuff like who gets into a more defensible position first in the early game, who has more tonnage, and simply dumb luck.

Don't let it bug you too much, the Elo system tends to normalize your win/loss ratio to near 1.00 over time.

#10 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Deliberately tanking your games isn't a sure fire win to lose though as your team can win without you. I also can't imagine it being much fun. And your ELO score doesn't change much after one match. And if you were predicted to lose and you do, it might not drop at all. Best solution is to play like normal and just change how you play the matches, maybe play a different gamemode, or play at a different time, or maybe in a group instead.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 28 March 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

Well there are some factors that may have affected your run of poor matches.
  • Different times of day and different nights of the week may bring different gaming populations leading to different matchups.
  • The current 'win 5' event may cause some players to bring 'better' mechs to influence their chance of quickly getting 5 wins (ie bringing their 'meta' mech instead of a more 'fun' mech)
  • You may have moved up into a higher Elo bracket leading to increased competition.
  • Bad luck.

#12 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

View PostRhialto, on 28 March 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Oh really? Didn't know each weight class has its own Elo score, thanks for the info.

What could explain that an evening I always end up in the losing team while it wasn't the case a day before of a few days ago? Often it's not even close to a tie. It's just bad luck ot the matchmaking system as something to do?

I'm about to go sleep, or maybe I'm already sleeping and this is just a nightmare?

I'm being positive, tomorrow will be a better day. ;)
It could also relate to just where your ELO is, and how many similar leveled are about when you hit play.
As it searches, it keeps expanding the bracket of people you may be playing against, so you could end up with/against people with much higher/lower ELOs.

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 28 March 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

Deliberately tanking your games isn't a sure fire win to lose though as your team can win without you. I also can't imagine it being much fun. And your ELO score doesn't change much after one match. And if you were predicted to lose and you do, it might not drop at all. Best solution is to play like normal and just change how you play the matches, maybe play a different gamemode, or play at a different time, or maybe in a group instead.
I dunno... depends how you do it I guess.
5 Flamer Locust?
Would be hilarious fun I think, even if you're going to die/lose repeatedly.

4 Flamer, 2 MG Catapult was fun to play with for a few games back when. (Might try it again now tbh)

And Firestarters / Blackjacks / Banshees can all take 8 Flamers. (Hunchbacks 9).

...And now I want to go get a Firestarter...

#13 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostOvion, on 29 March 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

...And now I want to go get a Firestarter...

Not surprisingly, this is the usual outcome of any discussion regarding flamers. Gotta love those little pyromaniacs.

#14 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

The Elo threshold is 1400. So it's possible for players with very low Elo scores to be matched with high Elo players. Your score literally doesn't' matter.

#15 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostSug, on 29 March 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

The Elo threshold is 1400. So it's possible for players with very low Elo scores to be matched with high Elo players. Your score literally doesn't' matter.

When the matchmaker has to tretch so hard to find matches, you're right. I see a lot of the same people, with the tryhard mixed in for flavor. Simmer for 25 minutes then remove from heat and let rest for a top 25 shooter of all time mediocre minimum viable experience

#16 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

It wouldn't make much of a difference, the main reason being ALL Elo players can be in ANY match currently due to Elo Average teams.

Basically until matchmaker is fixed it makes no difference your Elo. Perhaps the "buckets" will work to make a different game experience but currently it is all a mash up anyhow.

Edited by Amsro, 29 March 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#17 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostAmsro, on 29 March 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

It wouldn't make much of a difference, the main reason being ALL Elo players can be in ANY match currently due to Elo Average teams.

Basically until matchmaker is fixed it makes no difference your Elo. Perhaps the "buckets" will work to make a different game experience but currently it is all a mash up anyhow.

you mean all those guys who say that your mech build "won't work when you get to my 1337-peen-over9000neckbeard elo bracket" are full of it? lol ;)

#18 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 29 March 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

you mean all those guys who say that your mech build "won't work when you get to my 1337-peen-over9000neckbeard elo bracket" are full of it? lol :)

Plenty of them are.

The difference is that the elo mishmash is being exaggerated. In fact, aside from fringe cases, you will mostly play people from your bracket, with a few that are a step above, and a step below. Rarely will you have a lower tier player slapped against a top tier player. Those are the fringe cases. That happens when the Matchmaker takes too long to find you a game.

#19 Macbrea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

At the end of about 100-150 games at a weight class your Elo will be exactly where it's supposed to be. Resetting it would have no effect on it. Your skill level will determine your ranking.

#20 Roachbugg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Elo needs to go the way of the dinosaurs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users