#41 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 09 April 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Actually No.... For example, The Draconis Combine, pretty much still has little to no mercenaries in its employ at this point in the timeline, and the DCMS generally has little to no trust with mercenary units. The idea was that you would be a member of that house, representing it's military either in one of the supposedly earnable 'faction unit' awards for loyalty in CW, which we are still waiting for, or represent a non canon based house unit. If you want to go Mercenary they have their own faction.

The difference between picking "mercs" or "Draconis Combine" is that mercs have no allegiance to any one house, they can pick and choose. However, as Draconis you can either be part of the DCMS, or a merc in their employ, as unlikely as it may be. The DCMS did get mercs every now and then, rare, yes. Impossible, not really.

The difference here is that as a merc with DCMS, you have different command structures, bla bla bla, you know the rest. It also does give you the ability to not always participate in house major operations (in fact, knowing the DCMS, mercs will never be in a major operation unless they are the bait or the fodder).

#42 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostKatzenwolf, on 31 March 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Oh, I thought houses gave bonuses or maybe I just got mislead? I was hoping to join whatever one had bonuses for the Locust or light mechs in general. But I guess if it's all Lore for the moment (Until Timberwolf comes out), then what House was known to use the Locusts or other Light mechs?

I think the plan is, during community warfare, all your pug matches will affect a large star map in the name of your faction. Other than that, I'm not sure there is any real difference...maybe they will give certain faction alignments a discount on "their" mechs...That would be cool.

#43 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 09 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

maybe they will give certain faction alignments a discount on "their" mechs...That would be cool.

If I recall correctly that was part of the plan...
Edit: that or jacking the price for non-house goods? :)

Something like that.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 09 April 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#44 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 09 April 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

If I recall correctly that was part of the plan...
Edit: that or jacking the price for non-house goods? :)

Something like that.

Yeah I think it was that faction-aligned pilots would be able to get Faction-'Mechs at discounted prices based on their performance but would need to pay additional fees to get their hands on 'Mechs that are aligned with another house (because you buy them off the black market which will likely involve some smuggling as well). Mercs will likely pay something in between, maybe with some discounts depending which faction they assisted the most in their efforts.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 09 April 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#45 Graves24

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

You should pick Steiner because it is the best faction. Look at the fist they use as their symbol it means power.

Edited by Graves24, 10 April 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#46 Mak Sim

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

Posted Image

#47 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostMak Sim, on 10 April 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

Sooooo Accurate.

Steiner commanders are very incompetent in Canon, they make up for it by having almost nothing but assaults. Nothing in "scout" says the target objective needs to still be standing at the conclusion of the mission. Hence why 4 Atlas D-DC scout lances are a thing with the Steiners.

Also, for a comprehensive look at CW:

Spoiler

We joke about Steiners, well, about every factions flaws like all the AC fetishism in Davion (I don't know about you, but I sleep with an LB-10x AC under my pillow every night), and so on and so forth. These are all fluff tidbits that have no correlation in the game right now. (well, aside from the Steiner one. I have run into way too many all assault mech Steiner lances)

Edited by IraqiWalker, 10 April 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#48 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostGraves24, on 10 April 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

You should pick Steiner because it is the best faction. Look at the fist they use as their symbol it means power.

I thought it meant that you like painful bedroom practices ;)

#49 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Posted Image

So Marik relies more on armored vehicles than 'Mechs? And Steiner tactics are kinda sad. Then Again, have enough Assaults and you can effectively outgun everything else, so there's that.

#50 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

Yup.

"I'm a Japanese caricature" Kurita.

Dakka Dakka Davion.

"I'm a Chinese caricature" Liao.

Ain't go no money Marik's.

Steiner Scout Lance.

The white spaces represent the FRR, because the Space Vikings were pretty much just wiped out by Clan Ghost Bear.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users