4350 replies to this topic

#1561 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

I have been saying since very early in this thread that the Urbie will be more viable than people think. Think about one with AC10 range and cooldown modules. What's more is that they'll likely be embedded with assaults and heavies and no one is going to waste shots on a 35 ton, one-trick mech while an Atlas or Whale or Banshee is staring them in the face.

As for "locusts being non-viable," I've killed a lance more than once in one, soooo...

#1562 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

I just wonder what will happen when it does finally make it into the game... what is the next mech on the list for a cult following?

#1563 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostDanghen Woolf, on 26 November 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

I just wonder what will happen when it does finally make it into the game... what is the next mech on the list for a cult following?

As controversial as the Urbie? Maybe the Annihilator?

AKA: IS slower Direwolf.

#1564 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostOdanan, on 26 November 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

As controversial as the Urbie? Maybe the Annihilator?

AKA: IS slower Direwolf.

I was thinking Loadermechs, haha.

#1565 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

He will grow until he becomes Imp (100 ton)
Spoiler

#1566 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

Honestly, for me, after the Urbie, I want tech and weapons.

ICE's, Small Cockpits, Gyros, etc, more upgrade options (stealth armour and the sort), Long Toms, Binary Lasers, just more variety overall. :P

#1567 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 25 November 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

I get it.... its funny cause it sucks so much and is a horrible mech, but why want a urbie when a Phoneix Hawk LAM is a way cooler horrible mech.

The Phoneix Hawk LAM isn't cool, it's blandly predictable.

If you can succeed in an Urbie, you can succeed in anything. In addition, several quirks it could get would make it somewhat effective. For example, 360 torso twist (which we (MekTek) gave it in MW4) Then give it AC quirks and perhaps a backwards capable jumpjet with more capability than regular JJs.

Nobody is going to argue that it's a "competitive mech" (a revolting term if ever there was one, people should be playing to have fun.

The Urbie is a long term part of Battletech and Mechwarrior culture, and there are many people that will want to play in it. For myself, I am looking forward to the first 12 Urbie vrs anything games.

Other nice features would be the potential for a wood finished cockpit (I'd actually buy that), and or a fridge for the cockpit.

Other mechs in the franchise do not hold a candle to the charm and nostalgia the urbie has. Yeah it's a crappy mech, but if you take one and do well, it's better than any other mech in the game.

#1568 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

Hatchetman. And when it dies, its head launches off and flies a short distance. I wouldn't even care if melee were implemented.

#1569 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

Starts the chant

What do we want ?

URBAN !

When do we want it ?

NOW !

please ?

#1570 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

um we could go the clint or the mackie or the thug or....................... the urbie 2c........................or the imp or ..............................................................................................................

#1571 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

Scorpion... drive em nuts until they implement quads!!

#1572 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

View Postverybad, on 26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

The Phoneix Hawk LAM isn't cool, it's blandly predictable.

If you can succeed in an Urbie, you can succeed in anything. In addition, several quirks it could get would make it somewhat effective. For example, 360 torso twist (which we (MekTek) gave it in MW4) Then give it AC quirks and perhaps a backwards capable jumpjet with more capability than regular JJs.

Nobody is going to argue that it's a "competitive mech" (a revolting term if ever there was one, people should be playing to have fun.

The Urbie is a long term part of Battletech and Mechwarrior culture, and there are many people that will want to play in it. For myself, I am looking forward to the first 12 Urbie vrs anything games.

Other nice features would be the potential for a wood finished cockpit (I'd actually buy that), and or a fridge for the cockpit.

Other mechs in the franchise do not hold a candle to the charm and nostalgia the urbie has. Yeah it's a crappy mech, but if you take one and do well, it's better than any other mech in the game.

The Phoenix LAM isnt cool or just LAMs in general...? Obama supporters have better points... not one single battle was ever fought to capture Urban Mechs or parts. They are trash that only the very poorest and least likely planets to be attacked used them... the very definition of crappy garrison mech. Sorry to burst your bubble but they aren't good, and never have been. I get that its a Mortal Kombat movie situation where it is so horribly bad its funny, but never forget that it is still horribly bad.

#1573 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

The Urbanmech isn't just 'trash on the poorest of planets'.
It's trash found just about everyehere, as a cheap disposable urban defender / garrison mech.

Regardless - we won't be getting LAMs.
We will likely be getting the Urbie.

Once released, I will be getting it and it will be fun.

#1574 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostOvion, on 27 November 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

The Urbanmech isn't just 'trash on the poorest of planets'.
It's trash found just about everyehere, as a cheap disposable urban defender / garrison mech.

Regardless - we won't be getting LAMs.
We will likely be getting the Urbie.

Once released, I will be getting it and it will be fun.

Amen!

That is something I will be thankful for this year.

#1575 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

IF Money what not a Problem, than we all be Driving Mad-Cats (The Ferrari or High-end Porsche of Mechs) but Money is a Problem for EVERYONE, So some have to Drive UrbanMechs (VW Bug of Mechs)

The Nice thing about UrbanMech is they are VERY Cheap. For the cost of a Low End Atlas(Without a Pilot) you can get 4 UrbanMechs, Spare Parts for all of them, Pay the Pilots, and a Few Techs too for a Year.

#1576 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostOvion, on 27 November 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

... a cheap disposable urban defender / garrison mech.

Had a thought: Urbies would be kind of cool as part of the base defenses on the CW Invasion maps, wouldn't they?

Edited by Virlutris, 27 November 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#1577 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:15 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 27 November 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

Had a thought: Urbies would be kind of cool as part of the base defenses on the CW Invasion maps, wouldn't they?

Oh God, I'd never be able to stay in a unit. I'd get kicked out of every single one for spending all the c-bills in the unit coffers on buying Urbanmechs for the base. XD

#1578 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

To be honest, only if that was as well as being able to pilot them normally...

As base defence / garrison units, that'd be cool, but not at the expense of using them normally.

#1579 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

View Postwolf74, on 27 November 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

IF Money what not a Problem, than we all be Driving Mad-Cats (The Ferrari or High-end Porsche of Mechs) but Money is a Problem for EVERYONE, So some have to Drive UrbanMechs (VW Bug of Mechs)

The Nice thing about UrbanMech is they are VERY Cheap. For the cost of a Low End Atlas(Without a Pilot) you can get 4 UrbanMechs, Spare Parts for all of them, Pay the Pilots, and a Few Techs too for a Year.

Dude.... don't try to bring in Sound Economic fiscal policy into this. You won't make your case, all you'll do is invalidate ALL light mechs since VTOLs & Armor can do their job better for cheaper.

#1580 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

ENOUGH ******* AROUND, PGI! Gimme my URBANMECH!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users