• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 28 December 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

Only if there is quads.

If you ask Devlin-er-UrbanIncognito nicely he will staple 2 urbies together for you...

#3802 Urban Renewal

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUrbs Indomita!

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostUrbanCognito, on 28 December 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Join the Cult of the Urbie (CotU) and feel the benelovance of the mighty Urbie rest his gaze upon thee.

One of us!

I got my K9 with 250 MC from loot bags (150 for the sale-priced mechbay) and the 1250 holiday bonus extravaganza on the 27th.

Woot! \o/

On a related note, what deck-filler would folks use in a Deck with at least one or two Urbies? Remember, even a deck with 3 Urbies need at least 70 tons more to make minimum weight. For bonus points go full geek and describe the theme ;)

2 Urbies and 2 Anihillators works out to 260, for instance, and the Anihilator lore tends to include Urbie references due to speed and urban defence roles (albeit different levels of armament).

There's that Jagermech-as-Urbie-power-armor cartoon out there too. :) 2 Jagers, an Urbie and something 100 tons (like an Anihillator ...) could be gunzy.

#3803 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostUrban Renewal, on 28 December 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

One of us!

I got my K9 with 250 MC from loot bags (150 for the sale-priced mechbay) and the 1250 holiday bonus extravaganza on the 27th.

Woot! \o/

On a related note, what deck-filler would folks use in a Deck with at least one or two Urbies? Remember, even a deck with 3 Urbies need at least 70 tons more to make minimum weight. For bonus points go full geek and describe the theme Posted Image

2 Urbies and 2 Anihillators works out to 260, for instance, and the Anihilator lore tends to include Urbie references due to speed and urban defence roles (albeit different levels of armament).

There's that Jagermech-as-Urbie-power-armor cartoon out there too. Posted Image 2 Jagers, an Urbie and something 100 tons (like an Anihillator ...) could be gunzy.

Welcome to the Cult!

UrbanIncognito and I have gone back and forth about this extensively...

He believes the *best* deck is 3 Urbies and a Mauler and he can back that up with scores that would make the non-believers jaws drop.

I am a bit more lenient, I'll do 3 Urbies + a Mauler *OR* Stalker... or 2 Urbies, an enforcer and a Stalker.

Logic:

Enforcer is the medium most like an Urbie (roundish torso, no neck)
Stalker looks like an Urbie that is bowing
Mauler... Urbie on steroids (still neckless)

I will often use the Ghille and Stalker 3FB when pugging it to get a little ECM in there because while it isn't the godbox it used to be, enemy tend to focus the easier targets first... meaning I'm a lower priority... hypothetically anyway...

In the end, we won't tell you what to bring but if the point is to share to awesomeness of Urbie, we need to bring a fair number of them in every drop.

Edited by UrbanTarget, 28 December 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#3804 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

Bear in mind that the Cult of the Urbanmech [CotU] is all about being Thrifty. You don't need to be on your main account to join us... In fact we encourage alts! Don't feel compelled to pump tons of money into this alt, as was mentioned before, Urbies and an Assualt is sufficient.

If you can work "Urban" into your alt name, all the better!

#3805 Urban Renewal

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUrbs Indomita!

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

View PostUrbanTarget, on 28 December 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Welcome to the Cult!

UrbanIncognito and I have gone back and forth about this extensively...

He believes the *best* deck is 3 Urbies and a Mauler and he can back that up with scores that would make the non-believers jaws drop.

I am a bit more lenient, I'll do 3 Urbies + a Mauler *OR* Stalker... or 2 Urbies, an enforcer and a Stalker.

Logic:

Enforcer is the medium most like an Urbie (roundish torso, no neck)
Stalker looks like an Urbie that is bowing
Mauler... Urbie on steroids (still neckless)

I will often use the Ghille and Stalker 3FB when pugging it to get a little ECM in there because while it isn't the godbox it used to be, enemy tend to focus the easier targets first... meaning I'm a lower priority... hypothetically anyway...

In the end, we won't tell you what to bring but if the point is to share to awesomeness of Urbie, we need to bring a fair number of them in every drop.

View PostUrbanTarget, on 28 December 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Bear in mind that the Cult of the Urbanmech [CotU] is all about being Thrifty. You don't need to be on your main account to join us... In fact we encourage alts! Don't feel compelled to pump tons of money into this alt, as was mentioned before, Urbies and an Assualt is sufficient.

If you can work "Urban" into your alt name, all the better!

All valid points, Brother 'Target.

I got the Annihilator cheap because it was on flash sale (and because lore geek), and I had lots of cadet bonus cash. I got Urbies because Urbies (like the whole point of the account). But I took the plunge now because they were 40% off during the sale, and I had MC from stockings and the Great Holiday Bonus Day for a cheap mechbay and a K9.

Not all have yet received the full inspiration of the great and majestic Urbie, though.

For those who have not yet gone "Full Metal (Urbie) Jacket", I'm curious about how they run Urbies in their decks when they do. I'm a geek, I totally own it, and this is the thread for geeking out about Urbies Posted Image That 265 tons goes a looooooooong way.

Update: I put 3MPL and 3HMG on an Urbie-63.

3 kills, 740 damage, first match. Posted Image

HMGs are ... nasty.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Urban Renewal, 28 December 2017 - 08:12 PM.

#3806 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 28 December 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

If you ask Devlin-er-UrbanIncognito nicely he will staple 2 urbies together for you...

I would pre-order this mech package. Just saying :)

#3807 Urban Renewal

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUrbs Indomita!

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Can I share again?

First match (in this mech):
Posted Image

Second Match (in this mech):

Posted Image

Posted Image

3MPL 3HMG Urbie representin'

Edited by Urban Renewal, 28 December 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#3808 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

Careful, such performances often lure nonbelievers to the Cult, they want the glory but do not give glory to Urbie...

#3809 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

Only an Urbie could make that build work well.

Anything else that could do it is too fat to avoid getting shot for long, lacks the survivability quirks, and of course can't do that 360 thang.

#credtitwherecreditisdue #urbied #um-r63weaponsfree

#3810 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 29 December 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Only an Urbie could make that build work well.

Anything else that could do it is too fat to avoid getting shot for long, lacks the survivability quirks, and of course can't do that 360 thang.

#credtitwherecreditisdue #urbied #um-r63weaponsfree

Just imagine if this was done with clam tech...

#MakeItSo
#UrbieMercin'4Life

#3811 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

View Postloopala, on 27 December 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Santa Urbie build for punishing bad mechs
the subnose PPC can be traded for an ERPPC but the heat and loss of a DHS really limit it

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe38b39efd384f6

I run pretty much the same- it started as a heavy PPC and downgraded the PPCs from there. but I have LMGs on mine

also I had a match the other daythat showed off the true power of the urbie. match starts in my sauron urbie and I run over to the team then notice our formation. look just ahead to the left- annihilator on one side, look just ahead to the right annihilator on the other side. so noticing my imperial guard I position my urbie in it's rightful spot right between them,. for some reason I finished the match at 85%

Edited by Tanar, 29 December 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#3812 UrbanArmpit

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

As is... K-9, 2 other Urbies and a King Crab or Annihilator is best for the Urbie drop deck.

#3813 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

Again, Urbancognito might disagree...

#3814 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

Caution: I got rolling here and nerded out pretty hard.

'Cognito isn't wrong that the Mauler's a great mech. The amount of dakka that even the trial loadout can dish out says a lot. It's been a mainstay for IS dakka play in FP for good reason

Usually, folks building decks are building them around something other than a 30-tonner though, so the 10 tons saved by bringing a Mauler or the Sleipnir makes an important difference.

My question for building around Urbies (lol, this is such ridiculous fun) is:

Does the deck bring plenty of firepower, with enough armor or mobility to help the team attack enemy forces and defend responsively?

Urbies are nasty little mechs, yes. Building around them allows for inclusion of mechs that most decks can't, like 100 tonners. If you can make it work, bring it. Mauler? Sure. Anihillator or King Crab? Why not? Conventional wisdom holds that you shouldn't under-weight the deck too hard because it leaves a lot of armor unavailable for sharing the incoming damage. Proponents of Urban lyfe will of course scoff at the notion that there's not enough Urbie to go around, but hey.

If you're trying to run around the map a bit more, well ... that's trickier. To make the minimum 160 mark (insert obligatory warning here) you'd need something that's at least 70 tons, with a fairly high maxed-engine, to match with 3 Urbies (or two 50-plus tonners to go with 2 Urbies, if that's more your style). We're so far in the weeds by this point that I'm not sure what to recommend for that. Max-engine Boar's Head (or two)? Max-engine Battlemaster (or two)? Big engined Black Knights, Whammys or Grasshoppers maybe? Perhaps something even 50-65 tons, faster and trollier, with a 350 engine or more?

/trip into the weeds

#3815 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

I did most of the holiday challenges in an Urbie.

I was able to rack up damage and vulture quite nicely. Only pulled out the Nightstar when I needed Solo's or KMDD's.

I picked up the 63 because it was the only one not in the Mechodex and outfitted it with 3 MPL and 3 HMG. This thing wrecks. It is my go to Urbie at this moment. Nice and balanced, skilled in magazine size and laser duration, good overall performance.

I like running the 60 with 4 HMG and 2 ERML for sustained harassment and damage. Works decently, lots of damage and kills in this mech.

My K9 is 5 ERSL and 1 RAC-5. Absolutely BRUTAL on cold maps, an explosion waiting to happen on hot maps. At least I can explode with flashing red and blue lights. Really liking the idea of AC5 with flamers. Heat 'em up, shut them down and plink at their heads if they aren't too tall.

Running 4 MPL and 2 HMG with the 60L. Pull the laser trigger when the cross hairs flash red from the HMG fire. Skill in - laser duration for best results.

I haven't found "the build" for the 68L. Right now it is 2 MRM 10 and 3 ML. Tried larger MRM's, WAY too hot for me. Still playing around with this one. But it is also the only loyalty version I have 91 SP points in because it is fun to play.

#3816 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

yep the K9 with RAC5 and ERSL is a beast. got mine in the skeleton pattern for a MAD MAX kind of feel. and yes it runs hot but it wreaks bigger mechs right now.

#3817 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

So I was expecting it to be a joke but my second match in an Urbie (first was a roflstomp against my team) I did this...

blob:https://imgur.com/686bc7f5-afc3-4680-acab-cbe8b60365e1
Posted Image

Guess I'll have to reconsider my initial expectations. Would've bought the other two if not for me expecting that we'd get more mech sales today.

#3818 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 29 December 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Caution: I got rolling here and nerded out pretty hard.

'Cognito isn't wrong that the Mauler's a great mech. The amount of dakka that even the trial loadout can dish out says a lot. It's been a mainstay for IS dakka play in FP for good reason

Usually, folks building decks are building them around something other than a 30-tonner though, so the 10 tons saved by bringing a Mauler or the Sleipnir makes an important difference.

My question for building around Urbies (lol, this is such ridiculous fun) is:

Does the deck bring plenty of firepower, with enough armor or mobility to help the team attack enemy forces and defend responsively?

Urbies are nasty little mechs, yes. Building around them allows for inclusion of mechs that most decks can't, like 100 tonners. If you can make it work, bring it. Mauler? Sure. Anihillator or King Crab? Why not? Conventional wisdom holds that you shouldn't under-weight the deck too hard because it leaves a lot of armor unavailable for sharing the incoming damage. Proponents of Urban lyfe will of course scoff at the notion that there's not enough Urbie to go around, but hey.

If you're trying to run around the map a bit more, well ... that's trickier. To make the minimum 160 mark (insert obligatory warning here) you'd need something that's at least 70 tons, with a fairly high maxed-engine, to match with 3 Urbies (or two 50-plus tonners to go with 2 Urbies, if that's more your style). We're so far in the weeds by this point that I'm not sure what to recommend for that. Max-engine Boar's Head (or two)? Max-engine Battlemaster (or two)? Big engined Black Knights, Whammys or Grasshoppers maybe? Perhaps something even 50-65 tons, faster and trollier, with a 350 engine or more?

/trip into the weeds

Nice research. I'm thinking that in a Urbie deck we need loads of FIREPOWER. This means 3 Urbies and an Anniahlator. Speed? Nah. A load of armor and lots of firepower is all we need.

#3819 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostIllCaesar, on 29 December 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

So I was expecting it to be a joke but my second match in an Urbie (first was a roflstomp against my team) I did this...

blob:https://imgur.com/686bc7f5-afc3-4680-acab-cbe8b60365e1
Posted Image

Guess I'll have to reconsider my initial expectations. Would've bought the other two if not for me expecting that we'd get more mech sales today.

Urbies are no joke, which is why they are a big target for the nerf hammer.

#3820 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:31 AM

View PostGr Armpit, on 29 December 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Nice research. I'm thinking that in a Urbie deck we need loads of FIREPOWER. This means 3 Urbies and an Anniahlator. Speed? Nah. A load of armor and lots of firepower is all we need.

For a nice mellow shootey strat, speed isn't as much of a problem.

There are a couple modes that punish slow teams mercilessly in FP. Conquest is most obvious, because the caps win in FP conquest every time. No slow bros in conquest. It only hurts the team ;)

Domination punishes teams too, if you get pushed out of the cap and can't get guns back near mid to shoot into the cap fast enough. Occasionally incursion (oh how I loathe thee, incursion) if there's something base-rushy going on and you get caught out. In domination, gotta be careful coordinating the slow bros. Incursion's a crapshoot.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users