Too Few Slots

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Too Few 'Mech Slots (7 member(s) have cast votes)

More slots for 'mechs?

1. Yes, it'd be more useful and fun. (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. No, I'm conformist mediocre and I don't want improvement. (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

1: Your poll is condecending and argumentitive, implying that anyone who doesn't share your opinion can't possibly be right.

2: The Gyro and slots are pretty much standard as from tabletop, as seen here:
Spoiler
That said, in tabletop there are alternate Cockpit, Gyro, Engine, Armour and Structure types, and even weapon types, that are either smaller or larger, with various positives and negatives associated with them.

They just aren't in the game yet.

Having the option to change things would be nice though, especially for lights.
But then there's always Tabletop (which I wish more people round here would play)

Furthermore, sensors are things like RADAR, Cameras and such, not like the little cinecams or thermometers we have, we're talking full sensor suits like you get on tanks and such.
They're pretty big.

Edited by Ovion, 31 March 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Gyros are to stabilize the mech itself, not the cockpit. Mech gyros are large spinning wheels with a breaking system, designed to harness the momentum of these wheels to counteract the machine's movement and the effects of incoming fire to keep the machine on its feet.

Sensors include radar, thermographic imagers, magnetometers, low-light camaeras, seismic sensors, and a host of equipment to inform the mech's various computers and it's pilot.

The cockpit isn't just someplace for the pilot to sit, it's the various control interfaces, the mechs diagnostic and battle computers, communications equipment, data displays, etc.

Life support is extra equipment meant to keep the pilot alive in hostile environments. Environmental sealing allows the pilot to survive where the atmosphere (or lack thereof) would be toxic (HPG Manifold, Terra Therma, possibly Caustic Valley) or temperature extremes would be deadly (Frozen City, Tourmaline Desert). If not for life support systems, an overheating mech would literally cook its pilot alive.

#3 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostEscef, on 31 March 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

If not for life support systems, an overheating mech would literally cook its pilot alive.

Hell, it doesn`t even have to overheat to be dangerous... there`s a freaking fusion reactor about ten feet under me, and the ball of plasma contained within has a 4 digit positive temperature regardless of what scale you`re using.

There`s a good reason mechwarriors wear cooling vests and shorts. :)

#4 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

I'm a conformist who doesn't conform to you biased poll

#5 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

TERRIBAD POLL. I highly recommend changing it before a mod gets in here and bans you are something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users