• The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Comstar File S7853D-K43574T

Date: [Unknown] (Around 3061?)

Planet: [Newtown Square]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you are reading this, I am either dead, missing, or both.

My name is Junior Officer Devin Jones, I am apart of the Thirty-Ninth Avalon Hussars, and this is my story.

Most of the regiment was gone around the time they came. The only company that was left on planet was mine, Hunter Company. We were left behind for R&R operations for our ‘Mechs, and were caught with our pants down. Only a few of our mechs were operational, My BSW-X1 Bushwacker “Predator”, Corporal Dundee’s HCT-3F Hatchetman, Private Jenkins’ FS9-H Firestarter, and Lieutenant Dunman’s AF1 Arctic Fox.

It was about o’ three hundred when they landed. I remember it so clearly now...

I was awake at the time, I didn’t sleep much. Then again, who would when all you saw was blackness and fire. My roommate Jenkins was fast asleep, snoozing the day away. Poor kid, he never knew what was coming; Hell on Terra, it seems, was here to play.

It started with a vibration. One of those that signified a dropship landing. And then came the alarms. Wailing banshees that pierced the calm thought of the mind and ignited the primal instinct of fear within the deepest recesses of ourselves. I immediately took off for the ‘Mech bay as Jenkins sat up from his bed all blurry eyed, probably wondering what on Terra was going on.

Poor kid. He never had a chance.

#2 TheDevilsIncarnate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

The ‘Mech bay was a cluttered mess. Predator was in the bay I had left him in and, luckily, seemed to be in close to pristine condition. His paint was scratched, war scars from battles won and lost. Around me, alarms still screamed and echoed down the halls and through the buildings, and engineers and techs scrambled to prepare the few mechs that were still in fighting condition.

Climbing into Predator’s cockpit and starting up the Hermes extra light engine, I breathed a sigh of relief while checking the status on his Mydron autocannon, as well as the ammo feeds. All looked well with the ammo, as well as with the 5-shot Long Range Missile launchers. The weapon board read green, but there was a small calibration problem with the laser. If the weapon got too hot or even hit slightly, it might go offline. I would have to be extremely careful and judicious with it’s use.

I piloted Predator out of the hanger, keeping to a slow walk as to not crush the scrambling techs in my wake. Outside of the hanger, all hell was breaking loose. Missiles rained from both sides, autocannon fire chipped away at armor and slammed into the ground, lasers flashed across the battlefield in brilliant bouts of fiery hot light.

And we were losing. Badly.

The whole scene could be taken up with one blink of the eye. Dunman and Dundee were both already outside in their mechs, giving as much as they got. Their ‘Mechs danced a deadly ballerina, dodging missiles and autocannon fire while returning fire with their own assorted weapons, aided by the few tanks and infantry left behind to garrison the planet. The enemy had yet to be identified, at least as far as I knew. However, it was obvious to see that many of the ‘Mechs were clan, with a few inner sphere mechs mixed in. There were 5 total, a whole star. This meant that the Jade Falcons had returned, And they were looking to conquer.

I twisted Predator to face the first clan ‘Mech I saw, a Thor, and laid into him with as much might as my fifty five ton ‘Mech could muster. The autocannon shots drilled deep into the Thor’s already damaged right torso, practically shearing the torso off, leaving the arm to dangle in a tangled mess of armor and myomer muscle. The laser pierced some of the armor on the left leg, leaving molten slag to run down the Thor’s leg, while the two groups of missiles rained down on the chest of the mech, ruining armor and scratching paint, but not doing any critical damage. After the barrage, the Thor struggled to maintain the pace it had been moving and stumbled, but the pilot corrected with help of the struggling gyro, and turned to face me and Predator, moving at a walking pace waiting for the weapons to cycle.

And he let the hounds of hell loose on me.

Edited by TheDevilsIncarnate, 02 April 2014 - 10:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users