10 replies to this topic

#1 Trooper60709

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNext To Yours

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I know this is a sort of MMO, but every battle tech game had some sort of single player to get you started. How hard would it be to mod a map like river city for single player? Maybe like a survival challenge or a capture the objective kind of thing. Even if we don't get paid, I would like to test the PRACTICAL usefulness of a mech. Maybe some tanks and turrets would make for better training than a stock AFK mech. Nobody needs practice on how to kill AFK mechs. Moving targets, learning to handle heat, what to do in certain game modes... With training on some real targets instead of practicing in real matches, we may have less newbs doing stupid things with odd loadouts that worked well on stagnant targets but don't really work on real people. Playing on your own against something real can allow you to find spots and positions on certain game modes that some AFK dummy would, or you may never see a spot or a way to flank some campers because A-you are sticking with the group B- not paying attention because your fighting real people and not taking any risks or C- camped in in the trench warfare where people pop tart and just ping at each other for a while waiting for somebody on either side to make the "push". If you are not playing for real and trying letting a team down by exploring in a battle, people may play around with a map and game mode and maybe (and hopefully) discover some tactics and spots unseen today.

I also just want to screw around and see things only battle could teach you without people yelling at you for not winning because, I really do not understand some of these maps.

#2 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

A separate single-player project would be really cool. Was so excited back in 2009...(or whenever it was).

#3 Trooper60709

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNext To Yours

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

Hah, me too. I thought there was going to be another cool campaign and everything would be finished when it came out and......huhhh... So disappointing.

#4 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Sadly, never gonna happen. At least not within any reasonable amount of time. One can only dream of another developer who would get the license and creats another great MW game.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

No publishers wanted to touch MechWarrior 5 (linky). So we have MW:O instead. Blame the unwilling publishers, not the game we have now.

#6 Trooper60709

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNext To Yours

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

Damn, if we payed somebody a million bucks would they make a new game for us? Maybe we could do a community game thing like mechwarrior living legends or something.

#7 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostTrooper60709, on 03 April 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Damn, if we payed somebody a million bucks would they make a new game for us? Maybe we could do a community game thing like mechwarrior living legends or something.

you don't need a million bucks, you could make it for free. The minute you make money you have to pay Microsoft.

#8 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 03 April 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

No publishers wanted to touch MechWarrior 5 (linky). So we have MW:O instead. Blame the unwilling publishers, not the game we have now.

Stop it with the links already, it just makes me sad.

#9 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

What are you talking about? We already have a fantastic single player campaign where you play a hot shot rookie on an adventure across the galaxy against impossible odds. Are you good enough to guide our hero as he shoots stationary, unmanned mechs on 13 different target ranges? Or will you accidentally double leg yourself and die? Good luck, mechwarriors. You'll need it.

#10 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostRouken, on 05 April 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

What are you talking about? We already have a fantastic single player campaign where you play a hot shot rookie on an adventure across the galaxy against impossible odds. Are you good enough to guide our hero as he shoots stationary, unmanned mechs on 13 different target ranges? Or will you accidentally double leg yourself and die? Good luck, mechwarriors. You'll need it.

I LOL'd at work. Thanks for that. :P

#11 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Makes me sad.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users