450 replies to this topic

#381 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Steele, I encourage you to keep up the well constructed thoughts. the same people who disregard statistical data from Paul because they didn't feel he was capable. The same people who accused others of Ad-hominem when they have done so themselves. the same one's who commit to fallacy. The same ones who cant even say "maybe your right". The same who scorn others who dont agree. The same who find strength in their arguments when others do agree. the same one's who cant see any viewpoint but their own. Steele, words are lost and reasoning is not known to them.

#382 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 April 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yeah, because, you know, we just want to be on equal footing and get the same features that people get for free but we.. you know.. have to pay for.

Yeah, don't talk about spending money unless you have some of these
<-------------------
Because, otherwise, you have no proof.

Oh, BTW, read that little Twitter interaction between you and Russ.

So, according to Russ, now they CAN put rewards in the FREE private matches, but not in the PREMIUM ones.

LOL, do these guys even think?

Can you link me? I'm not on twitter and would like to have a gander?

#383 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 05 April 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

Can you link me? I'm not on twitter and would like to have a gander?

https://twitter.com/...669652318302209

#384 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

<-------------------

Ouch! That's cold. ;)

Edited by Mystere, 05 April 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#385 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, because, you know, we just want to be on equal footing and get the same features that people get for free but we.. you know.. have to pay for.

<-------------------

Oh, BTW, read that little Twitter interaction between you and Russ.

So, according to Russ, now they CAN put rewards in the FREE private matches, but not in the PREMIUM ones.

LOL, do these guys even think?

i have no proof that i spent money? because i dont have tags?.

#386 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 April 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

i have no proof that i spent money? because i dont have tags?.

Exactly

#387 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 April 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

Exactly

you just invalidated all your arguments their buddy. im gonna let you figure out why. That is Fallacy, you just gravely disappointed me.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 05 April 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#388 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

<-------------------

That doesn't prove you spent any money.

#389 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 05 April 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

what he thinks it does is give his word more weight. An illusion, made by many.

#390 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 April 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock

you just invalidated all your arguments their buddy. im gonna let you figure out why. That is Fallacy, you just gravely disappointed me.

Yeah, seeking your approval isn't on my bucket list.

View PostKilo 40, on 05 April 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

No, it doesn't. But the lack of it also doesn't give you the pretext to say "It's only $7" when there is no visual indication that you've supported the game in any way.

Edited by Roadbeer, 05 April 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#391 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 April 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

No, it doesn't. But the lack of it also doesn't give you the pretext to say "It's only $7" when there is no visual indication that you've supported the game in any way.

no one said anything about needed approval. You think you argue for approval? arguments are for you to make others see your point of view and hopefully sway them. Look up what an argument is. You dont need my approval to make yourself look bad, you have already done yourself damage. Don't try to claim these as humble opinions because you have stated much more. A aproval is just a bonus, its not needed.

As for my credentials, i dropped 200 in the game over the years i played this game. Most of it MC, then a clan pack so its probably an uneven number. Even a person who hasn't spent a dime can say that he will only spend the minimum just because he want to have a private match. Unless your dirt poor, i would think that 7 for 1,250 would support 4 pm's. Knowing you, i bet you could fund it for a month. The point is, Even if somebody is playing this game free, that should help/hurt him in this particular argument.

For a good example. If this was an argument that 29.95 was too expensive. I could say, its not big deal, that's about 30. Well that wouldn't fly as no big deal for somebody who doesn't have that kind of money to throw around. Then you can make an argument that the game is too expensive. to keep it simple, i didn't make it in time for overlords and founders, would have been nice but, my position was, no clans no funds. Got my timber wolf tho(Yay)

And remember boys and girls. By saying, just my opinion as a defense, is not a good one. You always need evidence and and valid reasons. Otherwise i could say "its my opinion that the see is blue becuase somebody painted it that way". A stupid opinion is still a stupid opinion. Stay objective keep from emotional arguments at all times----THANK YOU

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 05 April 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#392 PapaBear14

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

I hope you guys keep this up cause it makes for great reading. I think the biggest thing everyone needs to remember is that it is PGI's game and they are going to make it how they want to. If you like it keep playing if you don't then play something else. They will only care if people actually stop playing in mass and it starts to affect their bottom line. I am new to the game having only played for a couple of months now. To be honest I was very disappointed that it was a multi player only game as I loved all they other single player mechwarrior games. But I have started out puging and may one day think about joining a team. Sometimes I win sometimes I lose sometimes it is a stomp sometimes it is close. It is just a game people. Not everything can be balanced and fair. If playing against teams makes you not want to play the game then stop playing. If not being able to play with more than three friends makes you not want to play then stop playing. The only thing companies really care about is what makes them the most money. So if you stop playing then they lose customers and therefore lose money. That is really the only voice you have, posting on a forum but continuing to play makes it sound like you are simple part of the vocal minority and no company is going to make major decisions based on that. So you can keep playing what there is to play or quit. Arguing on a message board only gives people like me something funny to read when I am bored at work. Thats just my two cents but I could be way off base here.

#393 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 April 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

no one said anything about needed approval. You think you argue for approval? arguments are for you to make others see your point of view and hopefully sway them. Look up what an argument is. You dont need my approval to make yourself look bad, you have already done yourself damage. Don't try to claim these as humble opinions because you have stated much more. A aproval is just a bonus, its not needed.

As for my credentials, i dropped 200 in the game over the years i played this game. Most of it MC, then a clan pack so its probably an uneven number. Even a person who hasn't spent a dime can say that he will only spend the minimum just because he want to have a private match. Unless your dirt poor, i would think that 7 for 1,250 would support 4 pm's. Knowing you, i bet you could fund it for a month.

LOL, as per usual, you miss the point. I don't care if you've spent a dime.
I'm saying don't tell people that "It' only costs this", it's all fun and games until money gets involved, and if you're not visually showing that you've backed this game, you shouldn't be talking about peoples money at all.

#394 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 April 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

what he thinks it does is give his word more weight. An illusion, made by many.

yes. and that amuses me to no end.

$7 is $7. it has the same value whether someone has a "visual indication" that they backed the game financially or not.

#395 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 05 April 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

$7 is $7. it has the same value whether someone has a "visual indication" that they backed the game financially or not.

Fair enough, he's been around since early CB, He should have the Founders and Phoenix tags then, it's only $120. Right?

#396 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

what do you mean i missed the point? I would think your words here are clear as day. not only that but i addressed it.

Also, Supporting the game doesn't always mean putting money you know. The word "support" is tenfold

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 05 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#397 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 05 April 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Fair enough, he's been around since early CB, He should have the Founders and Phoenix tags then, it's only $120. Right?

he "should" have them? why?

perhaps he didn't want them and instead he spent money on hero mechs, mech bays, camo patterns and the like. perhaps he wanted his [color=#959595] "visual indication" that he backed the game financially to be in game, rather than in the forums.[/color]

or perhaps he doesn't care about a "visual indication" that he backed the game financially.

​regardless, being a founder has zero bearing on whether or not the $7 is a value or a ripoff.

Edited by Kilo 40, 05 April 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#398 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 April 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

what do you mean i missed the point? I would think your words here are clear as day. not only that but i addressed it.

LOL, yeah, you'd think, but when it comes to you...I lol.
Let me say it clearly and I'll speak slowly.

Don't
tell
people
that
it
only
costs
(this)
when
you
can't
back
up
the
fact
that
you've
ever
spent
money
on
the
game

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 April 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Also, Supporting the game doesn't always mean putting money you know. The word "support" is tenfold

Servers don't run on well wishes. shaddup

View PostKilo 40, on 05 April 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

he "should" have them? why?

perhaps he didn't want them and instead he spent money on hero mechs, mech bays, camo patterns and the like. perhaps he wanted his [color=#959595] "visual indication" that he backed the game financially to be in game, rather than in the forums.[/color]

or perhaps he doesn't care about a "visual indication" that he backed the game financially.

​regardless, being a founder has zero bearing on whether or not the $7 is a value or a ripoff.

It has nothing to do with being a founder, it has to do with the fact that if you're going to suggest to someone the value of something by saying "Hey, it only costs this", then you should be equally prepared to have every indication that you have the same level of commitment that they do.

I was using a ridiculous example to shed light on his ridiculous statement, apparently I failed.

#399 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

Does money in the game really matter to the discussion?

Are we seriously suggesting that he who pays more is more valued, or that he who pays less is less valued?

This is a F2P game and people can support or not support without consequence.

My 5c on the cost issue is that it is only borne by ONE member of the team so most of the players are still "playing for free" so to speak, and that cost is currently whether or not you have "premium Time" activated which many many players apparently run as a hygene factor (if Forums is any guide).

On this basis, "Pay to Play" is a catch phrase for most players, they will not incur a direct cost to play the game.

Now I get that there will still need to commercial decisions made by some, and for some there is no benefit to do so. I get that for some teams there will be emotions involved too. But thats not representative of the entire population, they are personal decisions / conversations. These are discussions that we can have in forums for sure.

But alarmist statements like "Pay to Play" only deflect from the discussion.

The proposed amendments do not require every player to "pay" to play with their freinds. Thats not what PGI have said.

#400 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 05 April 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Does money in the game really matter to the discussion?...

But alarmist statements like "Pay to Play" only deflect from the discussion.

Can I play for free with 5 of my friends on the same team?

Here, I'll make this even simpler

I'm sitting on one year of premium time. I don't even care about that. If it goes to Pay Per Match with MC... well, there better be a shitton more features than what is offered now, or I'll stop using it

The issue is that I'm penalized for having 6 friends on line by not receiving rewards in the match.

WIll I pay for it? Yeah. Am I happy that I have to use 3rd party software to find a match? Shit no, but you know what, if that's what it takes, I'll grumble and deal with it, like I've had to do with this ridiculous group cap for the last year. But I SHOULD NOT be penalized by not receiving rewards in the match that I'm having to pay for.

Get me my rewards and I'll STFU

Edited by Roadbeer, 05 April 2014 - 11:00 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users