- - - - -

Server Downtime? Or Am I Doing It Wrong?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Yuuji0832

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

This might be in the wrong spot, hopefully not, but there didn't seem to be any other place to post this.

I just downloaded the Mechwarrior client and fully patched it. When I enter the game, it seems to proceed normally up until I enter my login information. When I enter my info, it tells me that the server is offline or undergoing maintenance and that I should check the website.

Nothing I can see says the server is offline and there is not any information on scheduled downtimes. Is there something that I have done wrong or need to fix? Is this a common problem?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing and running the repair tool in case for some reason that would help, but no such luck. I have already submitted a support ticket, but then I thought to post here in case someone could help.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

The server isn't presently offline.

I recommend you check that your firewall settings allow the MWO client to communicate with the Internet.

A less likely explanation is that your ISP for some reason is blocking traffic to the MWO server.

Welcome to the game. I do hope you're able to sort out your connection issues and enjoy a few matches before long. See you on the battlefield.

Edited by Appogee, 13 April 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Is there any remote possibility you accidentally downloaded the Public Test version (which IS offline)?

o.O;

Example does it say "Mechwarrior Online" for the button to start the game or does it say "MWO Public Test"?

Also... did you disable the run as admin? It will not allow you to log in if not set to run as admin.

Edited by Koniving, 13 April 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#4 Yuuji0832

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

I checked my firewall settings and it is set up to allow Mechwarrior

The launcher says Mechwarrior Online as do all of the Icons and files, nothing about the Public Test version.

It appears to be running as admin. The launcher always prompts me to allow the program before it starts up and I have now manually set the client itself to run as admin, just in case, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

I cannot say whether my ISP is blocking connections, but I can log in and use other online games so I don't know if that's the problem either.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

I would definitely file a ticket to support@mwomercs.com

#6 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

I remember having a problem with the updater where it failed to find connection and was unable to start the game. What helped was to remove all cached data and temporary files from your browser. You can use the dreaded internet explorer for the best effect on windows because it seems to be working a bit more closely with your operating system. Go to options and delete your entire browsing history (check every option possible to make sure you get everything) and then try logging in to MWO. This might work, it might not, but it won't do you any harm to try.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 13 April 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Well, with an IP conflict my router appears to physically reset when it happens. If all the lights go off on your router and start trying to reconnect to the internet, it's an IP conflict. Though that's only with one game (Combat Arms). Most games tend to tell you about it.

I would follow Redshift's advice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users