General HUD

76 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

http://www.dailymoti...iler_videogames

after a loong time i saw this trailer again and i became so sad at seeing it and what we have now ;)

and in the corner it said in game footage..why cant we have a similar version of that in MWO?? the HUD is soo beautiful with the way it moves, the computer voice, the mech scale against each other and against the buildings, destructible environments... :)

PGI bring at least some of that stuff to MWO.. ;)

Edited by Egomane, 29 April 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

Does this HD version make you even more sad?

]

#3 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

View PostCurccu, on 29 April 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Does this HD version make you even more sad?

]

i cant see it ;) as youtube is blocked in my country..so no it makes me no more sad :)

#4 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

I'm pretty sure that's 'in-game' footage, which is quite different to 'gameplay footage'. 'In-game' merely means something rendered within the game engine, not actual gameplay. Soo... that video was more of a pre-animated sequence. An awesome one at that. I actually prefer that model style on the 'Mechs though.

That was made before MechWarrior Online was conceived though,from my understanding.

#5 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 29 April 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that's 'in-game' footage, which is quite different to 'gameplay footage'. 'In-game' merely means something rendered within the game engine, not actual gameplay. Soo... that video was more of a pre-animated sequence. An awesome one at that. I actually prefer that model style on the 'Mechs though.

That was made before MechWarrior Online was conceived though,from my understanding.

yup i know. but they are using the same game engine right?? if yes then why cant they make some elements in MWO now?? if that is difficult than how about just scaling the mechs as they should be?? or Dust coming..just little aesthetic elements will be nice

#6 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostHellJumper, on 29 April 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

yup i know. but they are using the same game engine right?? if yes then why cant they make some elements in MWO now?? if that is difficult than how about just scaling the mechs as they should be?? or Dust coming..just little aesthetic elements will be nice

If I remember correctly, they used Unreal engine for this trailer. As for the Mech scaling - you can easily see in the files that mechs are upscaled in comparison to BT lore. MWO Atlas, for example, is 18m tall.

How tall would you like it to be? Godzilla-sized? ;)

#7 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

And before HG sued that whammy out of existence.

#8 Androas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

This just made me want to buy Titanfall and leave MWO for the next6 months....

#9 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

This trailer was for the MechWarrior reboot, not for MWO. At least I believe it is, as I'm on a mobile connection with my tablet and don't have flash available to play those videos.

#10 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

View Postssm, on 29 April 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

If I remember correctly, they used Unreal engine for this trailer. As for the Mech scaling - you can easily see in the files that mechs are upscaled in comparison to BT lore. MWO Atlas, for example, is 18m tall.

How tall would you like it to be? Godzilla-sized? ;)

that would work for me :)

from scaling i meant that a lot of medium mechs feel as tall as those assaults....

#11 Lianesch ZA

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 90 posts
  • LocationXylanthia, Sirius Star System

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

I agree MWO could have been made better. Its very easy to imagine an openworld jungle / city BF3 type terrain with Mechs running about. Look at it in reverse, take a small caracter from BF3 / Unreal or what ever and put that caracter in MWO. Lets be honest, its going to look stupid.

Not sure the Crytek Engine was the right way to go either or the devs are just not doing a good enough job OR maybe get nvidia / AMD to optimize the game for there hardware for smoother, more enjoyable gameplay... I know there's probably factors involved I don't know about, but what ever. Just my 2c...

#12 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

The sad thing is...this trailor had me so...so hyped. when the first screenshots were shown, we got little glimpses of the warhammer... then we got a video of its foot. then the full vid as shown.

it cought my attention quite quickly... its sad every publisher passed on 3015... it would have been glorious. instead of what we have now. T.T

#13 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 29 April 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

The sad thing is...this trailor had me so...so hyped. when the first screenshots were shown, we got little glimpses of the warhammer... then we got a video of its foot. then the full vid as shown.

it cought my attention quite quickly... its sad every publisher passed on 3015... it would have been glorious. instead of what we have now. T.T

it got many people hyped ;)

if they bring in half of the stuff they showed in that trailer and half of the stuff they had originally promised people will come back, money will flow in and MWO will rock mooorrreeee

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:03 AM

ANy chance this game would look like that would require the DEVS to finish the game in private, then release it. Popular opinion is wide and varied. To make the game you want you need to make it then release it after a small closed Beta. You cannot build anything good by committee!

#15 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

what is this "mech scaling ?

#16 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

I was under the impression that this trailer was for a Mechwarrior franchise reboot that was subsequiently litigated out of existence by Harmony Gold. Afterwards, the franchise received no backing from publishers until PGI and IGP made their agreement using the MWO Free-to-Play model.
In any case, it's a beautiful trailer. It does make me long for a single-player element, but I'll take what I can get.

#17 Gloris

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Unreal engine looks so much better then cryengine in many parts..

#18 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostGloris, on 29 April 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

Unreal engine looks so much better then cryengine in many parts..

It's really hit-or-miss at times
Posted Image

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

The monitor I am on right now... Unreal 3 looks more like a Jungle/Rain Forest Day time. Cry Engine is far to black.

#20 Mahnmut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

MWO doesn't seem to be making the most out of cryengine. So much of the environment is so simple looking and bland (building look like plastic props and don;t give a good idea of scale). They would have been better off using the unreal engine since its much more mature and probably would have been easier to implement better physics, destructible terrain and more detail overall.

Edited by Mahnmut, 29 April 2014 - 05:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users