Which Mech You Should Buy First/next

62 replies to this topic

#61 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:01 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 11 June 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

Trenchbucket is your choice then. Variants to have: 3C,5J,7K

As a Trebuchet player I do not recommend Trebuchets for brawling. They have low survivability compared to other mediums, and their horizontal torso twist and arm twist ranges are relatively low, meaning you have two significant disadvantages. The 7K doesn't even have arm weaponry.

Trebuchets, especially the ones with jump jets, are very capable skirmishers and can handle all ranges above 100m well, depending on equipment. But they are not made for ongoing melee fights (which is what brawling means). They need to leave when they get aggro. Real brawlers like Hunchback and Centurion can stay in a fight (Hunch does more damage, Cent survives longer) and have better arm and torso twist ranges for high maneuverability close combat.

Edited by Denolven, 11 June 2014 - 04:04 AM.

#62 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

View PostDenolven, on 05 April 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

The Misery is a good second line mech, but definitely not the brawler you are looking for. Stalkers in general are not made for melee. They cannot protect their torso by using the arms as shields, and their turning angles are very limiting. The Misery might be your mech if you decide to stick with the long range support role. I play mine like this, and it serves me well.

LOL you really using Misery without ballistic gun??? LOL again, for that setup you can use any other stalker man!!!

Edited by DrSlamastika, 11 June 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#63 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 11 June 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

LOL you really using Misery without ballistic gun??? LOL again, for that setup you can use any other stalker man!!!

1. I don't have any other Stalker anymore.
2. I ended up with this because I sucked with a ballistic setup (I tried many). No point in using an AC just for the sake of filling a harpoint.
3. Anvil asked for Stalkers in general, and as you said yourself, this build works with all of them.

Edited by Denolven, 12 June 2014 - 01:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users