312Th Black Trident Regiment <Recruiting, Contact: Thee Tactician In-Game

H*S

435 replies to this topic

#101 The Mad Jester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

You're about to join the command today reqruit. You need to think about the kind of mech you wish to pilot.

The Atlas is the pinnacle of the concept of intimidation.

The Jenner is the demon of fast strikes.

The Hunchback is raw firepower.

The Catapult is pure efficiency in damage delivery.

So, what mech do you think you'd like to have?

The Atlas, of course!

....... Fine. Go to it then.

REALLY? Great!!!

Ah, don't forget this.

??? A bucket and sponge?

Yep. Get to washing it. And don't forget the windows.

Aw daaaad..................

#102 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Another way piloting my mech of choice, the Misery.

Extremely effective at close ranges, no one wants to stand in front of it. I enjoy it, immensely, especially with Elite Efficiencies, allowing me to run faster than most Heavies.

#103 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

Stardate 42820141214

I spent most of my drops last night in my Stalker-3H which is one of two mechs I own out of fourteen that's a dedicated LRM boat.

Using LRMs is certainly interesting since most people call it easy mode and call to nerf them but they clearly have no idea how difficult it is to steer those missiles. You need those pesky locks where PUGs tend to fail to hold. Those pesky mountains that block my shots and that annoying state of locking where you should lock but it simply doesn't for a few seconds, causing your missile volley to crash into the ground in front of you.

The mech, itself, is also a very tight fit. 2 ALRM20s and 2 ALRM5s weighing about 28 tons alone. Add in 8 tons of ammo and 4 tons of Medium Lasers and my constant want to pilot Stalkers with 310 grade engines and frankly, there's very little room left for armor and heat sinks. I don't think there's even enough ammo in the fit because I am firing 50 missiles at a time and only have just over 28 shots of missiles.

Regardless of these shortcomings in the mech, I have been able to get a good number of kills and high damage and even performed a Stalker burial by dropping off a ledge in HPG and landing on top of a Jester.

#104 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Welcome to the House of Solveinean, "Recruitment Thread"

Day #22 Update #1

​So yesterday was very busy for me here in the "House of Solveinean", I spent most of the day dealing with "Administrative" work on our website. I ended up updating our "Ranking system" a small bit and also adding information about the "Rank Evaluations" we do bi-weekly for members in the "House of Solveinean". There a few new sections that have been "Open Up" under the Epic (Lore) tab dealing with the Solveinean "Religion" and "Technology". A new tab has been added to our website as well call the "Training Center" that overs "Training" in air based combat situations, ground and mechanized both offensively and defensively. These sections are still closed off as they are receiving updates to them coming this "Sunday" May 4th 2014.

So a lot has been going on and more potential "Initiates" have been showing themselves and their interest for our "Unit". We are still looking for potential "Initiates" though we have to drop with the "Individual" before any potential sponsorship can happen. So remember to leave us contact information or come onto the VoIP for the "Com-Star North American" (Team Speak Three) and let one of our members know who has the {H*S} in their name of your interest. This way you can be taken under consideration as potential "Initiate".

{Naschina}

Wolniewski

#105 The Mad Jester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

So, why are we rushing to the mechbays today?

Sarge was out on patrol this time.

So? Sarge goes out on lots of patrols.

But this time he went out prepared.

Huh?

THERE HE IS!!! I'm on him!

(What's going on.......Oooooooo, that smell)

Hi people! Whose ready for some PRIME RIB? (Pulls them out from his cockpit.....)

#106 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

Stardate 4292014235

My attempts to make a viable fit for the Stalker-4N tonight has led to...comical failure. I suppose the easy option would involve ERPPCs but the mech seems plagued by a lack of good midrange energy weapon weight. Its either 1 ton for a Medium Laser, 2 tons for a Medium Pulse Laser or 5 tons for the next level and I have to divide that for 6 energy hardpoints.

In the end, all the fits I tried were too hot or just felt lacking compared to the Misery. I could try ONE more thing and it involves making a midranged Stalker with LRMs but...Its the 4N so I'll probably resort to something that fires less missiles than my Shadowhawk but isn't gimped by a primary missile fit.

#107 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Welcome to the House of Solveinean, Recruitment Thread

Day #23 Update #1

So we continue to make progress in our training here in the "House of Solveinean", we continue to push our limitations and work on our grid calling, formations, target calling and more. We continue to keep an eye out for possible "Initiates" and the website continues to shape up with even more content and details on it regularly. I had a little down time today with "Mechwarrior Online" down for maintenance and took the time to update the format on some of the older pages with color, word positioning and just over all look and feel.

We also posted another update on the "Public Campaign" section on the front of our website and we continue to make progress in that area as well. So for those of you who are interested please feel free to check it out and learn more about what is going on in the "Campaign" if your interested.

We should be all means be on "ComStar North American" (VoIP) "Team Speak three" again tonight and doing "Training" and possible company drops. If we can get the numbers together to do them.

{Naschina}

Wolniewski

#108 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Stardate 43020141228

Well, my Stalker-4N continues to elude me its actual purpose and I ended up using my Banshee-3E for most of the night. The Banshee was a mech I was waiting for a long time. Back when I was beautiful, I used to play the Solaris Battletech that was on AOL which was a strange thing itself. My mechs of choice were the Stalker and the Banshee which reflect to MWO today. Of course, I was too young to actually really learn how to play Solaris but luckily, I've been able to prove myself as a top-notch Assault pilot with high numbers in damage and kills.

#109 Aaron Knight

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Evening gents, I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the scrum last night. It was a great game. Lots of maneuvering between our units. Feints and thrusts. One of the most tactical matches we've played in a long time.

Cheers and blessings.

#110 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Day #22 Update #1

So we continue to make progress within our "Training" here in the "House of Solveinean" and continue our progress with seeking possible "Initiates". We have not approached many individuals as we are watching them carefully to see if they are the right material before an invitation will be extend to the. We continue to make progress within our personal "Campaign" which has taken a mixture of "Campaign" and novel put together. So at this point its more 80% novel based and 20% Campaign based, this novel / campaign has seen many new characters added into the picture and is on our website for public viewing, though remember as it is written it is being copy righted and that copy right is being modified to include the new material.

I personally have about fifteen to twenty thousand pages of notes, novel, cultural information and more to reveal about the "Solveineans" though some of this information has had to be altered to the battletech Universe as I have two different mythologies one about the Original series that was never attend for mechwarrior/battletech and the current battletech/mechwarrior version.

{Naschina}

Wolniewski

Edited by Wolniewski, 29 April 2014 - 09:25 PM.

#111 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Day #23 Update #2

So I am online at 12:30PM eastern Unite State Standard time, I continue to "Training" doing my solo drops and began to enforce a new policy with myself. That Policy is to salute those I drop against and announce the "House of Solveinean", whenever possible. This is not for recruitment purposes but a respect to those I face and also to myself for being willing to show I am not afraid of being a target as it will only help me improve upon my skills and abilities further. I will be on the "Com-Star North American" VoIP until round 7pm tonight at which time, we have event for our members going on that doesnt involve "Mechwarrior Online".

We are still looking for Initiates to our "Unit" though this process is slow as quality is what we are seeking in those who would call themselves "Solveineans" the title of "Solveinean" is not easy one to wear. We go above and beyond for our "Unit" taking it as serious as our jobs or daily lives offline and then push to even harder to make it more then that because we know that it is our actions and deeds that determines the fate of this "Unit". If we want to compete and be in the top tiers of our competition then it means "Training" fighting as one and willing to go far beyond others to improve.

I have changed quite a lot over these last few weeks, months and years here in "Mechwarrior" online, I am willing to give it 120%+ for this "Unit" and expect everyone who is a part of this "Unit" to do the same. I ask a lot I know but that is because I am willing to give the same in return if those round me do the same and they have done so.

<Naschina>

Wolniewski

#112 The Mad Jester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

During a lull in the tournament, some Mechwarriors were discussing how to win.

I believe it is skills. Without them, one cannot overcome your opponents.

Proper maintence. Without that, your skills won't always work.

Tatics. Without them, how do you expect to defeat a superior warrior.

The debate continued, until a trainee approached to report on the next set of contests.

YOU! How would you win this tournament?

Thinking a minute, looking at the warriors and knowing their stats, she replied....

I'd CHEAT! ......., (And they'd agreed that was best!) :)

#113 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Stardate 512014119

Another day of training, me piloting mainly my Stalkers and proving that I am the superior Stalker pilot. Rather amusing when Mad Jester tried to keep one step ahead of my Misery only to find out that my Stalker exceeded his Atlas' speed. Good joy.

#114 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

Welcome to the House of Solveinean, Recruitment Section

Day #25 Update #1

So we continue to make improvements on our website, while at the same time a official training has started within our "Unit" for self improvement purposes. We have learned a lot from each other last-night through observing each others battle style and are working to correct some bad habits and improve further as we are planning to join a league here in the next six weeks. We have dedicated two hours a nights to private matches and two to three additional hours for public matches. We have and will record our matches and discuss each battle as they are completed.

We do two to three hours of additional public drop battles as to make sure that we can still apply what we are learning in a public drop situation. We also training in combinations such as <1vs5>, <2vs5> and <2v3>. We prefer to have the odds stacked against us as it makes us better pilots and we will be working on having our members train in all the mechs over time, learning each of their weaknesses and benefits for role warfare.

We are still accepting "Initiates" and though we have not accepted anyone recently its because we are looking for the quality of the individual, dedication and seriousness they will bring to this "Unit" after the period of "Initiate".

<Naschina>

Wolniewski

Edited by Wolniewski, 01 May 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#115 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

Stardate 5220141243

Today, I've made the decision to sell my Jenner. They felt awkward compared to my heavier mechs where I loom over others and blast off their legs with well-aimed AC20s. I eventually bought a Raven-3L just to be a sneaky supporter with NARC. It works well if the team has some LRMs to use.

Unfortunately, it wasn't always the case...

#116 Eltain Schwarzritter

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Eltain here for another semi-daily report! These past couple of days I've been trying a new K2 build. Originally I went with a very tried-and-true Gaussapult. It was pretty effective in terms of damage dealing and sniping for kills. However it did suffer a few critical drawbacks. For one thing, I needed an XL engine to get enough speed to move around, BUT the Guass Rifles are in stuck in the sides! Highly Fragile EXPLOSIVE WEAPON right under your XL Engines.... well you can see the problem eh? As soon as I get focused/targeted things would go down hill. Recently I've switched to a dual AC-10 K2 striker/brawler build. Initial testing of this sweet machine seems pretty promising.

#117 Karaglen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 199 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Welcome the The House of Solveinean Recruitment Thread:

The House of Solveinean is doing a major recruitment push for the next 2 weeks. the start date is 4/19/14 until 5/2/14. Our time will be spent meeting new groups, and hopefully meeting 1 or 2 new players to recruit.

Please be aware we hold strictly to our guidlines, and thus our group is not for the faint of heart, or those not willing to commit themselves to us, completely. One of our biggest requirements is COMMON COURTESY.

I would SUGGEST, you consider doing several drops with us to see if you like our rules, regulations, tactics, and strategies, before applying.

If you are interested in participating in this 2 week event please look for us on either the NA Comstar VOIP or NGNG VOIP at the 2 following TS3 Addresses:

NA Comstar: na1.mech-connect.net
NGNG: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992 PW: mechwarrior

DAILY UPDATE:
Classes ARE FINISHED.... all that is left is finals next week. I will be done with finals by Tuesday 100pm. The downside to being done this early means that I have 3 finals on monday, 2 on tuesday morning.

LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL ON THE BATTLEFIELD

Sincerely,

[Quen'Ellis] Karaglen

#118 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

We welcome you to the "House of Solveinean", recruitment Thread

Day #26 Update #1

We have had a wonderful last few weeks with truly dedicated members and {Initiates} here. We have two promising {Initiates} at this point which should have not issue in the next two weeks receiving their first level of entrance into the "House of Solveinean". We continue to keep an eye out for other possible {Initiates} though the selection process is not an easy one and so many have not applied other do to not being their designed play-style or the requirement of dedication to the level we expect.

We have fully accepted this fact and live by our word, when we say we are seeking quality members of the caliber with which we have set. We are always willing to make friends, though their is a line to be drawn between membership and friends and we draw that line very clearly and respectfully preferring to tell you upfront and then letting you decided.

I must apologize for the rambling a bit, but I have been thinking about this recently and few people that have approached me about the standard in which we hold. So on another note everything here is going well in our "Training" both in Private Matches and Public Matches. We are continuing to train to join a league soon and even keeping an eye out for "Initiates" in matches as well as different {VoIPs}.

The Public Campaign/Novel continues to progress very well as well and we have gained some regularly visitors because of it. There quite a few mountains of information to still get on our website and I am looking forward to some of the new updates I have for this "Sunday". We shall be on the {ComStar North American} (VoIP) Later this evening and might put together a few twelve mans. So look for us in the public drop-ships or our channel over their on their {Team Speak three}

{Naschina}

Wolniewski

#119 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

Stardate 5220141210

Today, something different happened. Instead of piloting my Stalker against smaller Ravens and Spiders, I was wielding my Zvolta Demolisher against Stygian Zinogres and Rathalos while helping my friend take on less threatening Nibelsnarf and Royal Ludroth.

I suppose its good for a mechwarrior to be capable handling fire breathing wyverns and thunder calling...zinogres. Sure, a mech could probably handle them like nothing but its a truer test of physical strength and capability than to physically fight them tooth and nail.

A Deviljho, however...against a mech? I'd put my money on Deviljho. It doesn't get beat. It simply gets hungrier.

Edited by Valkyrie Brynhildr, 02 May 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#120 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Welcome to the "House of Solveinean" Recruitment Thread

Day #27 Update #1

I had gotten a little busy today with "real life" situations calling me to go to the Grocery store for food and I was surprised a little at the business here in downtown Stafford Va. I also had to get some other things done round the "Property" though once again I am caught upon the "Property" work and food. So only focus is "Work", "Wife", "Bills" and this "Community" until next time. (Laughs)

So I did get round twelve in the afternoon I confess and spend just under three hours doing drops in our channel on the "North American Com-star" VoIP {Team Speak three} and picked up few people to drop with which want well even and as always we announced our presence in-game.

We have been spending a lot of time on "Training" in "MechWarrior Online" we had skipped this weeks "DayZ" squad Training and focused on "MechWarrior Online" pretty much solo. We did get on "DayZ" for about two hours today and from around two pm until about four pm and then I had to go for the life situation.

So I should be getting on and showing up in our channel again shortly, we are still keeping our eyes out for possible "Initiates" and though we are still being careful. We haven't taken any more "Initiates" as of a week ago and this is more do to situation issue as we need to drop with you before consideration can be given and a member decides to sponsor you into our wonderful group here.

I am looking forward to tomorrow as their are few updates coming to the website and some of our training material will be upon our website, though some of it wont be open to the "Public" but member access only. We may keep some basic information open though it really depends and their is possibility that you may see some combat in our campaign update and a lot more in the "Public Campaign/novel" as things are heating up.

{Naschina}

Wolniewski

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users