#1 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

Title says it all

Currently i'm paying for a game I can't play because the last piece of wonderous, engineering know as the 12 hours down time, has me teleporting around the map like captain kirk on acid half the time.

I'm not getting what I pay for at present, and this should be an option, because of the unreliable service PGi provide us.

while it will cause a slight decrease in finance, the only other alternative I have is to simply stop paying you PGI, anything at all.

#2 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

Alternatively, let us decide how much of our premium time we want to activate at once, and let us keep the rest as "banked". So therefore I could buy 30 days premium time, and choose to only use 1 day if I need to, 3 days if my weekend looks free and so on.

#3 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

Even planetside 2 doesn't have this ability. I think its because they also sell 1 and 3 hour premium time. MWO doesn't do this but it probably should since a lot of people don't always have more than an hour or few to put into a game to justify the 1+ day options.

#4 The Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

I am a student who works part time too. And consequently I don't have a reliable schedule to play MWO, or any other game for that matter. So I'd be much more likely to buy premium time if I could pause it.

#5 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Cathy, players would LOVE it.

Unfortunately, it means we wouldn't be buying premium time that gets wasted, thus necessitating us buying more premium time.

Thus, PGI will NEVER do it.

#6 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

While a pause button would be great, I totally understand why they do not offer one.

I generally only get to play a few hours at a time. Lets assume I play 2 hours a day, every day (I don’t). If I purchased 30 days of premium and paused after every 2 hour session, it would take a year to exhaust that 30 days of premium time.

#7 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostHobo Dan, on 07 April 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

While a pause button would be great, I totally understand why they do not offer one.

I generally only get to play a few hours at a time. Lets assume I play 2 hours a day, every day (I don’t). If I purchased 30 days of premium and paused after every 2 hour session, it would take a year to exhaust that 30 days of premium time.

Yeah, that'd be nice.

#8 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 07 April 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

Yeah, that'd be nice.

It would be nice, but from a business perspective, it makes no sense. I imagine industry standards for F2P games support this. I have seen no other F2P games with pause buttons on premium time, though my F2P experience is limited somewhat.

#9 Leguvan

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

This is why I don't buy premium time and never will until some kind of start/pause function is adopted.

#10 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, I want to be able to pause my premium time. I really don't want to play until launch module is in place since my Elo score has gotten really messed up and I haven't been able to get a decent match in weeks.

#11 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostHobo Dan, on 07 April 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

It would be nice, but from a business perspective, it makes no sense. I imagine industry standards for F2P games support this. I have seen no other F2P games with pause buttons on premium time, though my F2P experience is limited somewhat.

Lol, Dan, read my first post. Yeah, I get that.

A compromise might be that, instead of a pause button, you have the option to activate a single day at a time. Or 2-days at a time.

#12 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

If you're having technical issues, customer support can take a note of your remaining premium time and last login, and when you're ready to return to the game, they will re-instate what you've lost.

They did it for me when my computer kicked the can for a month.

Pop them an email and explain your situation :P

#13 Phromethius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

If they choose to allow a duration toggle of no less than a DAY or so that would be a happy medium for consumers and PGI. That way if you only play 2 hours that day you loose the remaining 22 hours of otherwise premium time. BUT if you only have one day in the weekend to play, you only need to toggle on, then toggle off when done playing. The player will "loose" unused time as the current model is built around but the loss would not be so much to deter subsequent purchases. Essentially 2 hours a day would still equate to 30 days unless you need to take a week off then you could stretch your time to a few months.

I would definitely consider buying premium time with this type of model.

#14 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

Good luck with that.

Back when "Fire selected weapon group" was removed, I was unable to play at all because of physical limitations, after a lot of back and forth with support, they FINALLY relented (after much "Read the ToS, game changes are going to happen, buyer beware"), but with the caveat that I was unable to log into the game until the issue was resolved (subsequently I missed out on a couple good sales) because if I had done so, it would have 'voided my agreement' with support.

Most recently, I requested that my Premium time be halted because I had purchased a year of Premium Time based off of Russ saying that 2-12 would be returning, but when that dream went away, I asked my premium time be halted as I would not be playing much since this was becoming a game I had lost the desire to play.

They basically laughed at me.

#15 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

They should just have the option to halt premium time at the cost of MC.

Everybody's happy!!!!!

As long as its not too expensive or cheap to do so.

#16 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 07 April 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Cathy, players would LOVE it.

Unfortunately, it means we wouldn't be buying premium time that gets wasted, thus necessitating us buying more premium time.

Thus, PGI will NEVER do it.

Posted Image

This is why I will never activate my premium time. Everyone loses. Mutual assured suction.

#17 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

yes, this, please. Don't make us use it all every time we want to activate a day's worth. Or, simply make it count down only when you log in to play.

#18 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostTechorse, on 07 April 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

Alternatively, let us decide how much of our premium time we want to activate at once, and let us keep the rest as "banked". So therefore I could buy 30 days premium time, and choose to only use 1 day if I need to, 3 days if my weekend looks free and so on.

I've been asking for this for months (years?). I have all my founders, overlord, and other promo premium time all stuck behind that ominous "ACTIVATE" button. I'm NOT going to activate nearly 2/3 a year of premium time at once. It's stupid. My Founders time was on hold for CW...we all know how that turned out. Then Overlord came and PGI said CW was right around the corner (lying scum). I never imagined I'd have to wait so stupid long for it.

I'm jaded and pissy because I paid PGI a lot of money for something I now feel I can't use without it going to complete waste. It's like ordering 5 pizzas and asking them to be delivered one pizza each week. However, at the end of the month they all get dropped off at your door because the community warfare delivery car was in the shop. Now you have way more pizza than you can use at once and you're going to get burnt out on pizza and throw the rest away.

God that analogy was stupid...I must be hungry. But you get the point. I never intended to have 9 months of premium time in back log and the more time I accrue, the less likely I am to ever use it and the more angsty I get about it.

View PostBobzilla, on 07 April 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

They should just have the option to halt premium time at the cost of MC.

Everybody's happy!!!!!

As long as its not too expensive or cheap to do so.

Holy sh*t, this is ingenious and I'd totally be cool with it. Pay a few MC to pause my Premium time. Maybe allow only a single pause per week or something to prevent abuse. But still, I'd do it. It's better than having 9 months of premium time I'll never use.

Edited by ShadowVFX, 07 April 2014 - 12:57 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users