• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

For MWO. GPU is GTX 760.
I heard MWO doesn't like AMD CPUs.

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 07 April 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#2 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

i3 will get you no where as the game really bogs down dual core cpu's, and yea MWO seems to have something against AMD cpu's... ideally id say save your pennies and get a i5

#3 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

You can start with the i3, but you'll eventually want to move to an i5 or i7 so it would be a bit of a waste. I wouldn't bother with the AMD chip for this game. The sweet spot appears to be a quad core Intel chip (Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, or Haswell). The i3 does have hyperthreading, which will slightly help overcome its dual-core limitations, but how much that will actually help I'm not quite sure.

#4 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 07 April 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

i3 will get you no where as the game really bogs down dual core cpu's, and yea MWO seems to have something against AMD cpu's... ideally id say save your pennies and get a i5

View PostxWiredx, on 07 April 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

You can start with the i3, but you'll eventually want to move to an i5 or i7 so it would be a bit of a waste. I wouldn't bother with the AMD chip for this game. The sweet spot appears to be a quad core Intel chip (Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, or Haswell). The i3 does have hyperthreading, which will slightly help overcome its dual-core limitations, but how much that will actually help I'm not quite sure.

The current one is AMD APU a6-3650 which runs like shit. And like you both mention I'm thinking of getting an intel so at least I don't have to replace the mobo again.

#5 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Don't go i3, it's for budget machines and you won't notice much better than your A6...

save pennies and do an i5.

Some AMD users are certainly having issues but I know others who use AMD and have no issues. So who knows?

you say you have an a6 right now though. I have heard the new AMD A10's actually run this game quite nicely, and they don't cost too much.

Edited by cSand, 07 April 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#6 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostcSand, on 07 April 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

you say you have an a6 right now though. I have heard the new AMD A10's actually run this game quite nicely, and they don't cost too much.

cSand: That A6 is an FM1 (Llano) APU, the new A10-7*** series are FM2+(Kaveri). He might able to pickup an A8-3870K, and O/C it, but that would be the limit of his upgrading based on the same motherboard.

Sad to say(being an AMD fanboy), but an i5 or i7 is probably the best bet for his upgrade right now.

Personally, I'm thinking about a Haswell-E later this year, unless AMD comes out with something really compelling.

#7 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

I'm an AMD fx8 50 o's @5ghz and my system is very CPU limited. Go get an Intel K series because this game loves high ipc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users