#23 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 16 May 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Ok well i'm Member Since 04 Jun 2012, so does that help? I don't think it has much bearing, I have been here since closed beta as well, so MOOT point. EXACT systems specs please.. My system is Phenom II x6 1100t at 4.27ghz and a 560 ti, and I have zero issues. You as well have a dated GPU with only 128 bit memory interface. You are almost in the same boat as the OP for a GPU ......... http://www.hwcompare...on-hd-6770-1gb/ Your Video Card/GPU isn't new by a long shot. Did you bother to run the MWO repair tool? Did you bother to look into things like ambient occlusion, or other settings that could bog you down..?? I still stand behind the statement that a budget GPU will perform like a budget GPU. You need to back up CHIEF, I have run my own Computer Repair and Networking company since 2007/08, I deal with things most of the "I want to push the button and make it go" crowd can't handle, if I sound "pushy" as you say, then that is your own fault and or perception. Just because you have what YOU think is a new GPU, and what YOU think is enough RAM isn't relevant, it's what kind, what timings, and what MHZ that will dictate this.. You do know that AMD CPUs still love low timings, and that most intel CPUs can run much higher MHZ RAM right..?? Oh this will be good, grab your popcorn people.

I only mentioned his start date as a reference that, more than likely he has been running MWO for awhile now, and apparently without problems until recently.

Sorry. I do not have to tell you anything more about my computer, as you apparently aren't going to be helpful, and instead are trolling the thread with pretend help.

How do you know if my GPU is dated or not? I have not mentioned what my current GPU is, besides it's Ghz processing power...

My Video card is new when I bought it off the self, and is more than powerful enough to run MWO. It has been doing so fo over a year now. I'd have to say my video card works.

I have ran the MWO repair tool not too long ago. However, I haven't ran it since I started having this problem, which has been rather recent in showing up. Maybe I should, but I don't believe I have any errors with MWO on my computer.

You, for being a "tech repair dude" are being really rather unhelpful in this thread. I am now to believe you are doing nothing but trolling the thread and being generally unhelpful.

I also believe you missed when I said that my OLD computer ran with an AMD 2.5 GHz. My current one runs much faster than my old one, but my old computer could handle the game without any problems, with a 30 FPS rate. (This one runs at 60 FPS last I recalled, I have not had to look at it.)

I can also say, I have noticed that this problem has effected more than just myself in a live game. I noticed that, when I'm spectating, I will see my screen do the 'everyone walk in place' for a really brief moment, and then some mechs seem to be fine and shooting like it wasn't an issue, and others are shooting where mechs was in the "freeze" time and/or walked straight. This could indicate a problem within the game or the servers, or just a routing of the internet through one of it's hubs that is glitching a little. (Like when one regional server didn't update with the rest of MWO, and the west coast of the US couldn't get into the game, as it was calling version mismatch errors...)

I'm just saying, there are a lot of things than can go wrong. It might not be something from our side and might very well be an issue within the game, servers, internet routing paths, or even our internet providers.

#24 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

Also, to pull it out for you, the posts where you started to get rather belligerent. You did fine for two or three posts, and then I don't know what happened.

View PostOdins Fist, on 08 April 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Please post back with what you find, it may help someone else with an older rig as well.

Hello..?? Hello..?? No, nothing..??

Expecting instant response? HELLO? Hello? No? Nothing? Really?

Pushy much? And rather rude.

View PostOdins Fist, on 13 May 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

2.8 ghz CPU isn't helping you either... Whine about your GPU..?? Listen your GPU you upgraded from was for a lack of a better term, JUNK... Oh, did you ever run the MWO repair tool..?? Anything below 3.4 ghz CPU struggles in MWO, i'm not saying get a new CPU, not by a long shot, but I asked you about that as well. YOu never listed your full specs, so what are you mad about again? More RAM isn't gonna help unless it's faster MHZ, do you run 1333mhz RAM or something. You didn't reply back for a long time, maybe we could have helped you bump you CPU a few hundred MHZ clock wise to help, but this thread went silent.

Then you continue on an attack for I don't know what reason. Posting it all in one paragraph.
"Whine about your GPU..??" I don't know what you are talking about here...
Then you continue with it, with some rather false information about "3.4 ghz CPU struggles in MWO". My old computer with an AMD 2.5 ghz dual core ran the game fine with my Radeon 6770 graphics card. This isn't the first time I've heard such an announcement.
Why, I recall when I first started to play MWO, my old computer couldn't handle it at the moment with it's original video card. Someone saw my GPU and promptly told me it would not run MWO, ever. Well, it ran it at 5-8 FPS at that time. I went out and bought that Radeon 6770 card and it ran fine after that. So... it did work after all.

You once more seem to "demand" fast replies. This is being rather rude, once more... and not overly helpful or friendly looking for you.

View PostOdins Fist, on 16 May 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Ok well i'm Member Since 04 Jun 2012, so does that help? I don't think it has much bearing, I have been here since closed beta as well, so MOOT point. EXACT systems specs please.. My system is Phenom II x6 1100t at 4.27ghz and a 560 ti, and I have zero issues. You as well have a dated GPU with only 128 bit memory interface. You are almost in the same boat as the OP for a GPU ......... http://www.hwcompare...on-hd-6770-1gb/ Your Video Card/GPU isn't new by a long shot. Did you bother to run the MWO repair tool? Did you bother to look into things like ambient occlusion, or other settings that could bog you down..?? I still stand behind the statement that a budget GPU will perform like a budget GPU. You need to back up CHIEF, I have run my own Computer Repair and Networking company since 2007/08, I deal with things most of the "I want to push the button and make it go" crowd can't handle, if I sound "pushy" as you say, then that is your own fault and or perception. Just because you have what YOU think is a new GPU, and what YOU think is enough RAM isn't relevant, it's what kind, what timings, and what MHZ that will dictate this.. You do know that AMD CPUs still love low timings, and that most intel CPUs can run much higher MHZ RAM right..?? Oh this will be good, grab your popcorn people.

Then, you switch the attack to me, because I make mention that he's been playing the game since 2012 (actually, longer than you). I mentioned this with the intent to say, his computer apparently already was running it. However, you seemed to have taken this as a direct attack on you...
Then you decide that my computer is bad from my post, where I tell you nothing about my computer. Another attack. Are you trying to be helpful? Or rude and belligerent? Also, everything is in one paragraph, which leads me to farther believe that you have started to troll the thread instead of being helpful. You started off with separated paragraphs and helpful advice. I don't know what happened to cause you to go on the offensive.

Then you close with a "grab your popcorn" phrase. A classic troll remark from my experience. I thought we were trying to help the OP? (Whom, after reading through, apparently is not believing he needs any farther help as he is buying a new computer.)

View PostOdins Fist, on 16 May 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

3....2...1.... :)

Then, you top it off with this comment...

So much for that "help" you were trying to provide. Is this what a self proclaimed (as I can't prove it) computer repair tech helps people? If I walked into your place and was treated like this, I'd walk out and never return telling other people about the poor service. (And then repair my own computer myself like how I've been doing for years.)

#25 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostTesunie, on 16 May 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Sorry. I do not have to tell you anything more about my computer, as you apparently aren't going to be helpful, and instead are trolling the thread with pretend help.

You know what, without system specs NOBODY can help anyone out. Nobody attacked you, you made a snarky remark and I replied.. I'm not here to bag on your system, but facts are facts, and not listing system specs when asking for help is like going to the doctor and saying "Hey Doc, something's wrong, I think i'm dying or really sick with something", and then the Doctor asking to examine you, and you saying "No". The fact is a budget video card will perform like a budget video card, and being able to play at minimum required specs is going to get you by at the performance you would expect for minimum required. A video card by itself will do little to increase performance IF the rest of your system is not up to the task. A lot of titles will let a lower end system run those titles at 60 FPS, (at lowest settings), but turn up those settings, or get into a big fight with lots of particle effects and units in play, and watch the FPS dip into laggy and undesirable gameplay. DO you want to know why I said grab your popcorn? I said that because I knew this was going to go exactly how it went. So I will just leave with this statement, "your video card is awesome, there is no reason for anyone to buy anything other then a budget video card, lag and freezes will never happen, there is no reason to expect anything other then stellar gameplay 24/7 on all titles at minimum required specs or a little bit over". Have a swell day, enjoy MWO..!!! Keep on keepin on..!! B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users