Serious Fps Drop?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Whitefang70

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

The system I own is an Alienware laptop with high end specs that over-qualifies this game. My gpu is GTX 780M and CPU is I7 4800MQ and 16gbs of ram. I run on average of 55 sometimes 60 fps (should be more but the game is not optimized). Whenever I see smoke, depending on the distance my fps drops to 15-20 no matter on what settings I am running the game....does anyone have a solution for this or are there any way to completely disable smoke? PGI doesnt give a shit clearly at least for now since this glitch was in the game for a while and won't give us a reason for their delay....

Would be delightful if someone bring up a solution from the forums, since PGI apparently isn't listening or reading....

#2 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

clevo p157sm, 4700mq, hd8970m, 16gb ram.

well.........before i used the driver provided by metabox the distributer, framerates of 30 on high.....then i download the official driver.......framerate about 55 all very high at 1080P not bad for a labtop ;)

well, framerate do drop when there is many smoke and many mechs blowing up, but it drops to like 25 at worst and no where near as bad as yours, maybe it is just me but i find that turning off the msaa helps......

it is like my desktop 7750 can run this almost as good if not better then my 8970m, which is more then twice as powerful at 7750, so i was told that big and powerful GPU does not get utilized correctly as mwo deals many shaders badly, so..........you actually dont need such powerful card for mwo.....@_@

well, try the latest driver from nvidia? but you most likely did that already so i guess just pray that the next patch is gonna help? until then, i guess use framerate independant weapons like lrms, LET IT RAIN!

#3 Whitefang70

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

View Postcheapcamper, on 10 April 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

clevo p157sm, 4700mq, hd8970m, 16gb ram.

well.........before i used the driver provided by metabox the distributer, framerates of 30 on high.....then i download the official driver.......framerate about 55 all very high at 1080P not bad for a labtop ;)

well, framerate do drop when there is many smoke and many mechs blowing up, but it drops to like 25 at worst and no where near as bad as yours, maybe it is just me but i find that turning off the msaa helps......

it is like my desktop 7750 can run this almost as good if not better then my 8970m, which is more then twice as powerful at 7750, so i was told that big and powerful GPU does not get utilized correctly as mwo deals many shaders badly, so..........you actually dont need such powerful card for mwo.....@_@

well, try the latest driver from nvidia? but you most likely did that already so i guess just pray that the next patch is gonna help? until then, i guess use framerate independant weapons like lrms, LET IT RAIN!

Yeah pretty much. I run the Nvidia Experience to update my driver and optimize my game. Nah no luck so far. Like you said, I gotta wait until they do something about it.....I gotta suffer more I guess :blink:

#4 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I am getting the same issue I have a GTX 660 2GB intel I7 4770 K 8 Gigs of Ram and the frame drops when I am view lots of mechs , lots of smoke or in brawling range. No other game suffers these issues I guess this is a MWO only related issue

#5 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

Posted ImageStart here........after all it costs under 5$.............. than take more steps....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users