Allow For Riskier Game-Mode With Cb

2 replies to this topic

#1 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

What if we could make the matches in MWO a bit riskier?

What if you could, at the ready-screen, bet your future CB-earnings on your win?
If you place the bet and win, you earn 150% of what you would have normally earned.
If you place the bet and loose, you earn nothing.

Normal:
victory +90,000
defeat +40,000
on average +65,000

with bet:
victory +135,000
defeat +0
on average +67,500

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

In general yes i would like it - but it will only cause more flaming and insults.... its the same as with the first victory a day.... when your team win the battle and you did terribad - you are angry

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

Greetings all,

This will not happen, as it can be abused with teams on a common comms channel. Set up a match, one team bet double and be "allowed" to win, rinse and repeat.

Although there was discussion of sanctioned "tournament" style E-Sports, but unsure if spectators would be betting c-bills on the teams?

Sidenote:
- I would like to see some form of "spectator" observed match's similar to what we saw during the "opening event", possibly even having a commentator calling the plays.
[If only "Mr. Duncan Fisher" or his "outtakes" from Solaris could be coded into a MWO event] - I mean if MW:LL can get the "announcer" within there maps (and that wasn't even a sanctioned game) what the heck is stopping PGI. PGI now licences the rights for the MechWarrior title, that should include the "sound clips" from Duncan Fisher.
[although there may be the whole Legal, royalties thing involved now?] - I'll have to speak to George Ledoux, the voice of Duncan Fisher, about these issues.

9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users