Mission Based Objectives

2 replies to this topic

#1 Bulvar Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

Can we please have some mission based objectives.

This game is calling out for something other than the BALL up lets Frag-fest it has continued to be.

The whole point of mech-warrior is that it should not be a Call of Duty/Team Fortress type game.

I would bet a dollar to an MC that players would thank PGI if they could introduce things like...

DESTROY a CONVOY ( opposition DEFEND the CONVOY)

HOLD GRID A7 with a lance for 1 minute...bonus MC's and XP. minimum lance members alive must be 2 after initial count down started (or some such mechanism, heck even the NODE grab way would do).

LET me retreat at say 50% health or less and get repaired. (at least once per match)

Make the maps way bigger....(some o the maps at the mo see way too small for 12 Vs 12).......This would allow proper tactical use of mechs for their intended purposes......LRM boats set up a firing line but can be out flanked.

there must be hundreds of ways to tweek Mechwarrior online so it feels like the king of the hill.

Heck even Random maps would be better...(do not tell me they need to be polished, for player balance....balls try being on the recieving end of an alpine peeks (candy mountain) mountain hug.)

You have a very loyal fan-base, and yes people will always have complaints about something or other, but sometimes you have to look at what is being posted and take action other than tweeking LRM's

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

I remember defend a convoy mission in MW4. It was not fun. Helluva better to play the attacking side though. ;)

Another possible mission would be to destroy the other side's largest mech--most likely an assault. Once it is destroyed, game is over. Basically, an assassination mission.

Edited by El Bandito, 09 April 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#3 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

the biggest problem is a complete lack of maps for objective-based game modes. Considering ammount of developers and their experience, I'm 100% sure that we'll never see anything decent. Each and every map should be changed even for existing game modes. And there are 0 maps for scenario-type modes atm.
Both Rush (base siege) and Convoy demand straightforward elongated map with huge ammount of thought put into flanking routes and cover. These things are bound to be tested and changed to achieve final balance, which also is something nonexistent inside PGI.
In shorter terms, PGI just don't have resourses and talent for that.

Edited by Rubidiy, 09 April 2014 - 02:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users