A model for C3 networks

42 replies to this topic

#41 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

cone of fire, to a certain extent, i vote NO.

every mech with C3, no, not fair or balanced.

BAP and ECM ranges re-evaluated. yep, depending on how the game plays, but for the most part, 200m is not worth it,
faster/slower missile lock, worth it, jamming, worth it, (if it was larger then 200m) non LOS contacts worth it. but hard to justify.

Tag. Yes, if it targets mechs for missiles, but the mech being targeting should get an alarm, maybe glare when it looks at the unit with the device.

Edited by zudukai, 17 November 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#42 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

As I stated in another thread, if you like pinpoint targeting and don't want any other game mechanic to eliminate it, then you are voting for a return to the days of MW3 and 4 where you had laser boats that could kill or leg a target in one hit.
I could argue against this in several ways, but it's unneccessary since the devs have already stated that they want to eliminate this.

One way or another, pinpoint targeting is going to get at least modified, if not eliminated altogether.

#43 Jack Deth

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

Easiest way to make C3, Beagle, and ECM more useful is make the standard sensors work more like they do in the fluff/canon. Enemy mech is behind a building, he's not showing up on radar but he might on thermal or magnetic sensors. But, if you've got a scout with "eyes" on him that's on a C3 network, well now your whole group can see him and possible target him semi-accurately with indirect fire. BAP should also give you more data than standard sensors, like let you see hidden units, enemy mech damage levels, custom weapon load-outs, etc.

EDIT: Tcomps sound like a pain to implement, but if they are already implementing some form of gunnery skill for this well they just give an artificial bonus.

Edited by Jack Deth, 18 November 2011 - 04:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users