Advice On Gaming Headset

2 replies to this topic

#1 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hello, I need some advice on looking for the ultimate gaming headset for MWO.

Ever since open beta, I've used the G35 Logitech wireless headset, and then eventually the Logitech g930.

I used these headsets because I'm 28 years old and at a point in life where I'm usually splitting an apartment with a couple roommates. So instead of investing in a good surround sound system for MWO, I chose to invest in a decent gaming headset/mic combo so that I can game all I want and watch stuff on Netflix, Youtube, etc. without bothering my roommates with noise.

I'm making the decision though to go back to using wired gaming headsets and I would love the opinions of other MechWarriors on what you think the best gaming, non-wireless headsets are out there. I have a problem with wireless headsets where the built in re-charging batteries have very poor life spans and I end up having to keep my headset plugged in while using them, thus it defeats the purpose of wireless headsets, lol.

What I'm looking for as far as features are these:

-Surround Sound
-Noise Cancelling
-comfortable
-good quality mic
-sounds great when listening to music
-good base

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Burned_Follower

Edited by Burned_Follower, 10 April 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#2 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Surround Sound
-Noise Cancelling
-comfortable
-good quality mic
-sounds great when listening to music
-good base

Corsair 1500

#3 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

It depends on your budget.

Locnar is definitely right that Corsair's Vengeance 1500 is nice for the price, but you can move up, too, maybe get something like an Audio Technica A700x and an Asus Xonar sound card (DG/DX if you have a slot open, U3 if not) for Dolby Headphone if you had a larger budget.

Let us know what you're looking to spend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users