#421 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 April 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

I prefer this one over the PGI's one anyday. At least this one is the Timberwolf I loved to pilot.

With such thin arms? Please no. :) I imagine they break with one hit.

#422 Masterrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

I prefer this one over the PGI's one anyday. At least this one is the Timberwolf I loved to pilot.

"this one" would fit to a cartoon of the 1980s, nothing more

if "this one" would appear "ingame" 1:1, than most folks would complain about an ugly oversized blocky torso.

yes "this one" would be the most ungly mech ingame by far, a walking fridge with tiny chicken legs and tiny toothpicker arms

PGI's TimberWolf looks better than many other mechs they released

Edited by Masterrix, 11 April 2014 - 03:45 AM.

#423 PACoFist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationThe Eye Of Chaos

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostMasterrix, on 11 April 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

"this one" would fit to a cartoon of the 1970s, nothing more

if "this one" would appear "ingame", than most folks would complain about an ugly oversized and blocky torso.

yes "this one" would be the most ungly mech ingame by far, a walking fridge with tiny chicken legs and tiny toothpicker arms

PGI's Timber looks better than many other mechs they released

How dare you!

#424 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

Posted Image

I'd go with de gustibus etc, but as grognardism like this is what's keeping BT obscure and comical for years now...

The Mad Cat depicted above is bad at being one thing it should be - bipedal military vehicle. I know we all have nostalgic feeling about old designs, but they do not belong in ad. 2014 Mechwarrior game.

It's poorly designed from every conceivable standpoint, even from lore one - as I can't imagine society as practical as Clans designing something so laughably wasteful combat-wise as this poor excuse for Lord of the Battlefield.

Edited by ssm, 11 April 2014 - 03:49 AM.

#425 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

View PostSmittiferous, on 11 April 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

Many of the BT designs are in dire need of a refresh. They look awkward, gimpy and far too 80's-b-movie.

I first thought the T-wolf looked cool in MW2, but now, I would lump it into the above category.

This modernization looks great to me. Much needed. But each to their own i guess.

he's right you know...
Posted Image

pgi's madcat is in desperate need of streamlining. good start but if that's the finished madcat then the madcat is... finished.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 11 April 2014 - 03:48 AM.

#426 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

I love the general design of it. But, the legs of the Prime variant looks better than the standard one and it looks less weird when the mech is seated lower with more angle on the legs. I think length is ok, only need to adjust stand still pose and animations and it's perfect.

#427 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

looks good) wait for july to test it out;)

#428 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:58 AM

View PostMasterrix, on 11 April 2014 - 03:40 AM, said:

"this one" would fit to a cartoon of the 1980s, nothing more

if "this one" would appear "ingame" 1:1, than most folks would complain about an ugly oversized blocky torso.

PGI's TimberWolf looks better than many other mechs they released

Yeah, your definitly trolling.
The REAL Timber Wolf is the one featured in MW2, MW3 and Living Legend. Not that "BulkyCat"'.

PGI have done incredible work, just take a look at the Centurion. That mech is incredibly well done.
But that Timber Wolf look's NOTHING like a REAL Timber Wolf.

They have done a pretty good job with the new cockpit, and the torso can be ok. But the legs?
HECK NO.
There just TOO tall and TOO Bulky, POV or not. Other's screenshoot prooved it.

Edited by KuroNyra, 11 April 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#429 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 11 April 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

Yeah, your definitly trolling.
The REAL Timber Wolf is the one featured in MW2, MW3 and Living Legend. Not that "BulkyCat"'.

PGI have done incredible work, just take a look at the Centurion. That mech is incredibly well done.
But that Timber Wolf look's NOTHING like a REAL Timber Wolf.

They have done a pretty good job with the new cockpit, and the torso can be ok. But the legs?
HECK NO.
There just TOO tall and TOO Bulky, POV or not. Other's screenshoot prooved it.

Well, to be honest - there ain't such thing as REAL Timber Wolf :)

As for MW2/MW3 ones - while they were cool at the time, their design wouldn't really work with MWO one. Best case - it would be immersion-breaking out of place, worst one - downright silly.

As of MW:LL - it's really fun mod, but mech design was lackluster, compared not only with MWO, but even with MW4. Not to mention that MW:LL was targeted for much narrower audience than MWO is, and I'd rather have some more people getting to love BT through MWO, than being scared off by silly/out-of-place designs thrown in to satisfy few people's nostalgia for 90s.

#430 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:11 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 11 April 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

With such thin arms? Please no. :) I imagine they break with one hit.

This....THIS^^^ I cannot say how much of a problem i had with the clan mechs in general, even though i LOVED every one of them. Your telling me that those arms can take an AC/20 hit...please. I like how they beefed up the arms and legs. It looks "Functionally Beautiful!!" At least it doesn't look as blocky as these pics people keep posting up. I mean seriously the old sketches were three huge blocks, a blimpy front end sticking out and a flat ass mounted to two inadequate little legs. And for those wondering, yes i have love for the original, i have played this game since its inception on tabletop, every iteration of the video games including the woeful Xbox versions. And I also played competitively in the Battletech Center in Chicago, where they had a 6 foot tall replica of the Timber Wolf on full display!!! And as awesome as that model was, i STILL thought the legs and arms were two thin for a 75 ton mech!!!

#431 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

perhaps its just the angle but those legs look to big, might call mine chun li.

Perhaps the ground plate could be smaller and the thighs could be a little thinner, I miss the calf fins as well but the rest looks grate.

Edited by Frost Lord, 11 April 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#432 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 10 April 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

Nice, too bad that MWO-forumpeople are just too stupid to understand POV's effect on legs.

Well, it's probable, after all, everything has some probability, but... it's more likely, that you mistakenly believe you are the smart one. We just didn't like screenshots of W.I.P. 3D model - it's called feedback and it is used by companies to adjust to customers' demands in order to gain profits.

#433 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

the only thing I see wrong with the Mad Kitty, is that it looks like it will turn your mech into trash if you come anywhere near it Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 11 April 2014 - 04:37 AM.

#434 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

Legs are too long, nose isn't big enough. Some of the scales seem off. And the mech has hard points? What happened to the omni thing?

#435 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

Would you look at the legs on that thing...

Considering PGI owes me so very much I'm glad I didn't pay for a few months early access.

#436 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

Looks OK. I guess

How about an in game shot standing next to an Atlas so that we can really see how big it is. My guess is it is taller than it should be.

Posted Image

Edited by Ransack, 11 April 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#437 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

I don't know what's worse...the complete lack of understanding of:

1. Camera angles
or
2. Omnimech hardpoint rules (that has been explained to us for MONTHS)

Ladies and gentlemen, the Internet. MWO Forums style.

Edited by fleshwoundNPG, 11 April 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#438 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

"My targeting computer is in a state of confusion andkeeps switching between Marauder and Catapult signatures"

This better mean we are getting a Marauder...

Edited by LORD ORION, 11 April 2014 - 05:03 AM.

#439 EisenKralle

• PipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

What happend to the legs? did u integrate a swimmingpool+hotel in this legs? WTBanana this legs are toooooo massiv. I think Timber Wolf has the Dire Wolf legs right?

#440 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

View PostfleshwoundNPG, on 11 April 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

I don't know what's worse...the complete lack of understanding of:

1. Camera angles
or
2. Omnimech hardpoint rules (that has been explained to us for MONTHS)

Ladies and gentlemen, the Internet. MWO Forums style.

How can you be sure that you are not the victim of camera angle illusion when clinging to that carefully selected snapshot of a running timber with legs fully bent??

I think the design is OK... they just need to bend the legs more in idle stance (make it crouch more) and shrink the upper leg by about 10%.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users