Updated! Timber Wolf Screen Shots Revealed

950 replies to this topic

#501 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Some people are cheering the leg shot, but not me. I'm all about shooting those gigantic missile packs, which will be replaced by my legs as I land on its shoulders and pose triumphantly while my buddies take screen and pot shots of/at me.

#502 Doxylicious

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

PGI did not make a Timberwolf
they ****** up with this crapy bulky design

Legs to big
Arms to bulky

this is a Timberwolf

Posted Image

#503 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

Do not like. The legs are way out of proportion with the rest of the mech. I don't think its the perspective because of how high the arms are above the ground which comes from the leg height not perspective, especially in the first shot. I think it's too leggy - looks like it's on stilts.

#504 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

No, it is ugly. Simply wrong proportions like almost all classic designs. Welcome to the modern world and more reasonable design solutions.

#505 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 April 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

THIS...IS A TIMBERWOLF. Not the travesty that is floating in the front page. Notice how this one also has angular shot but is looking much better.

Posted Image

I didn't need to see the comment to know PGI's version of T-Wolf is wrongly made. Once we let PGI know enough of our discontent and make them change the model a bit, you can thank us then.

That's not a Timberwolf. That's an interpretation of the Timberwolf that you actually like and identify as a Timberwolf. If you google for the mech, you'll see dozens of variations. Some nice, other very ugly (as many have posted in this thread). Of course the PGI interpretation is different - as it should be. It's a product of the reimagination of a fictional future vehicle.

You are talking like if this was some X-Wing, which original design is stone carved in the Star Wars canon. And that's in which Battletech excels - it leaves room for interpretation and subjectivity.

People needs also to cut some slack on this issue, especially before having the oportunity to look at the mech through multiple angles. Changes are always hard to embrace, but this is something done in the past, and will be done again.

#506 TurkeyMcCoolRay

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

Here is a timberwolf too.

Posted Image

#507 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostDoxylicious, on 11 April 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

PGI did not make a Timberwolf
they ****** up with this crapy bulky design

Legs to big
Arms to bulky

this is a Timberwolf

Posted Image

This ^^^^ does not look good and does not fit in the game, PGI is doing very well with their modern approach to the mechs, and the screenshots we have seen so far is true to that. Looking forward to see it in game.

Edited by QuimMorius, 11 April 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#508 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostNeovictorian, on 11 April 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

I wouldn't buy a mech looking like this.

#509 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

I like the look for the most part. In some of these shots the upper leg does look to be really big. I'm not sure how that will impact the mech itself but the Quickdraw's reputation of being easily legged makes it a self fulfilling prophecy. I like how the arms look. The bendy straw arms looked dumb and would be a huge disadvantage in this game. These arms can block some damage.

I would like to see some video of the Timber Wolf so that we can see it from multiple perspectives especially the one that counts, the perspective from another mech. If the animation works isn't completely finished or something leaving the Timber Wolf stationary would be fine.

#510 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 11 April 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Do not like. The legs are way out of proportion with the rest of the mech. I don't think its the perspective because of how high the arms are above the ground which comes from the leg height not perspective, especially in the first shot. I think it's too leggy - looks like it's on stilts.

Better camera angles.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Clan package art.
Posted Image

Clan (non-package) art.
Posted Image

Whoever took the initial shots had a warped field of view that really hurt the first impressions.
Perhaps hire Lordred to do your screenshots, PGI?
Posted Image

Lots more in spoiler.
Spoiler

Lordred's Perfect Screenshot Thread.

Edited by Koniving, 11 April 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#511 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 11 April 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

I wouldn't buy a mech looking like this.

I would.

#512 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

View Postsabujo, on 11 April 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

You are talking like if this was some X-Wing, which original design is stone carved in the Star Wars canon.

Which Lucas Arts will kill you if you made it any different and called it an X-Wing

#513 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

I like the bulkier arms. That was something that always did bother me a small bit on the original design.
I mean, you put a lot firepower in those arms, yet you make them so thin that a well placed shot will shoot of any arm easily.

The legs, it's hard to say. On the second screenshot the Timberwolf looks best. So maybe it really is a perspective thing.
If not, they do then seem a bit to large.

Othewrwise, really great. PGI art team sure does great work!

#514 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostKoniving, on 11 April 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Better camera angles.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Clan package art.
Posted Image

Clan (non-package) art.
Posted Image

Ho for Buck sake!

They actually made the birds leg on the artwork! See the little stuff on the back of the leg? Like the REAL Timber Wolf have?

It's non existent now!

#515 GrinNfool

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Mech looks awesome, can't wait to see it in game myself.

One concern though, while in tabletop the "shoulder" missles didn't matter that they were part of the torso, in an FPS I can't help but feel with these part of the torso, the mech will be a huge liability to use, as it makes side torso shots incredibly easy from even extreme ranges. Think about how easy it is to take off a catapults arms, but in this case, the result isn't weapons loss its death. Would sort of like to see them move to the arm, or go the MW4 route and make a seperate shoulder destruction box.

#516 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#517 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

View PostNeovictorian, on 11 April 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

Timberwolf aside this is a very strange image because that kid is winding up for a pitch as though he is right handed, but he is wearing a right handed glove and the pitch has already been thrown.

#518 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

View Postssm, on 11 April 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

Well, to be honest - there ain't such thing as REAL Timber Wolf :)

Does no one go outside anymore? Camp in the wilderness? This 'mech was named for an actual creature, not a made-up BattleTech animal like a Jade Falcon or Smoke Jaguar or Diamond Shark

Real Timber Wolf:

Posted Image

...Which, btw, are identified by their long legs and big feet.

#519 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostGrinNfool, on 11 April 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Mech looks awesome, can't wait to see it in game myself.

One concern though, while in tabletop the "shoulder" missles didn't matter that they were part of the torso, in an FPS I can't help but feel with these part of the torso, the mech will be a huge liability to use, as it makes side torso shots incredibly easy from even extreme ranges. Think about how easy it is to take off a catapults arms, but in this case, the result isn't weapons loss its death. Would sort of like to see them move to the arm, or go the MW4 route and make a seperate shoulder destruction box.

Thanks for the new screenshots. The new angles further confirm that do in fact love this design. However, I agree with GrinNfool. Those missile pods would make the Timberwolf have very large side torso hit boxes. I'll run in it anyway, but I also run Dragons.

Edited by Magitek, 11 April 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#520 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

View Postsabujo, on 11 April 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

That's not a Timberwolf. That's an interpretation of the Timberwolf that you actually like and identify as a Timberwolf. If you google for the mech, you'll see dozens of variations. Some nice, other very ugly (as many have posted in this thread). Of course the PGI interpretation is different - as it should be. It's a product of the reimagination of a fictional future vehicle.

You are talking like if this was some X-Wing, which original design is stone carved in the Star Wars canon. And that's in which Battletech excels - it leaves room for interpretation and subjectivity.

People needs also to cut some slack on this issue, especially before having the oportunity to look at the mech through multiple angles. Changes are always hard to embrace, but this is something done in the past, and will be done again.

I hear ya. People posting 'this is a timber wolf' pics that seem to have 50% of the mech being legs too. Really can't see much difference myself. No one is talking about the small CT I noticed. :)

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users