Activate Premium Time In 1-,3-, 5-Day Steps

10 replies to this topic

#1 re5ortx

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

Please give an option to partially redeem Premium Time.
Like 1, 3 or 5 days (just an example).
If you give away 7 days of PT, do you want us to be unemployed to get the most out of it?
Or to ignore our family, friends, school?

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Yet another thread, complaining about not being able to milk every last second out of something you got at no cost.

You should be happy and grateful that you got something beyond the normal Free2Play for free ... not complaining about it.

Even if you can only use one day of that seven free days ... YOU STILL GOT IT FOR FREE AND SO HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

Do you complain to HBO when they run a free weekend, but you can only watch two hours for free because you have other stuff happening?

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 10 April 2014 - 11:42 AM.

#3 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 10 April 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Yet another thread, complaining about not being able to milk every last second out of something you got at no cost.

You should be happy and grateful that you got something beyond the normal Free2Play for free ... not complaining about it.

Even if you can only use one day of that seven free days ... YOU STILL GOT IT FOR FREE AND SO HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

Do you complain to HBO when they run a free weekend, but you can only watch two hours for free because you have other stuff happening?

I paid for my premium time in the Founders and Overlord packs - I haven't used a lick of it because the game doesn't have enough content to keep me playing consistently for around 8 months worth of time now. So I wouldn't mind having this option to use a little bit when I want rather than wasting months of paid time.

#4 SilverStarDragon

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your mech's blind spot

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

I agree strongly with your idea, it would give us a better experience for our money and, in their favor, encourage more people to buy it as they don't feel it's a waste of money. In turn, the limit would be activation for a day minimum as if we were allowed to control hours, my P.T would never run out XD Good idea though, the thought of being able to actually use most of what I pay for is nice XD I wonder why this hasn't been integrated yet...lol, I don't see any down side ;)

Durant Carlyle, I think he was using the 7day P.T as an example, not something to hate about. And many people DO pay for premium time, so his/her idea WOULD benefit both MWO and the users for the reason above.

#5 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

I have approximately 120 Days of Premium time. I paid for most of it so... off with ya.

I want it to go further. I normally play an hour or two a day.

So, take your 120 days "Ooooh wow...so long...so distant" and give me 240 Hours, used when I play. Too much? Not enough "well, we gotta make money..." for ya? I'll take 120 HOURS. As long as they don't tick away while I'm not playing.

#6 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Since they also plan on making 'running premium time' a requirement for premium private matches, I'd also appreciate not draining away my overlord pack and bought premium time just for the sake of setting up a league match with decent options.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

MW:O's way of doing PT isn't any different from any other MMO's subscription, and millions of people pay for those monthly, despite not being able to use anywhere near the full amount of time logged into the game (because of that pesky Real Life™ thing).

Just like I said in a similar thread, your expectations are unrealistic.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 10 April 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#8 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

I would be more willing to pay more for premium time, knowing that I don't have to commit to it after I've bought it. Or, if it were pay-as-you-go, I'd keep my account running on premium time almost all the time I play.

#9 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

MC cost to stop PT.
Everyone wins.

#10 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostMirkk Defwode, on 10 April 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

I paid for my premium time in the Founders and Overlord packs - I haven't used a lick of it because the game doesn't have enough content to keep me playing consistently for around 8 months worth of time now. So I wouldn't mind having this option to use a little bit when I want rather than wasting months of paid time.

*Raises hand. Im the dude that wasted his Founders Time sometime last year as things came up and couldnt stop it once I had actioned it to 'go'. It's really hard when you have so many days banked to even make an attempt to plan a schedule to play the game and utilize it.

What's worse is that I wouldn't plan on actually using real money to get these boosts as they're kind of weak and not up to spec to other free to plays out there. Some provide both options, a subscription with very good benefits and specific day boosts that only run for a certain amount of time.

Not sure why PGI didnt include that.

#11 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 10 April 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

MW:O's way of doing PT isn't any different from any other MMO's subscription, and millions of people pay for those monthly, despite not being able to use anywhere near the full amount of time logged into the game (because of that pesky Real Life™ thing).

Just like I said in a similar thread, your expectations are unrealistic.

Look at how World of Tanks does it. You buy the premium time consumed in 1 Day, 1 Week, and 1,3,6,12 Monthly expanded intervals beyond that. Most of the business and distribution model for this game have been extremely similar to how Wargaming handles their systems.

Personally I'd rather see a system done like SWTOR with the option of a monthly subscription that awards real money currency on a weekly basis, exclusive sales, and a few other perks as the subscription model can work alongside the microtransaction model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users