- - - - -

Project Update - Apr 11,2014 Feedback

305 replies to this topic

#301 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

Reducing damage wouldn't be right, but giving them scatter inside their minimum range would be decent. Incidentally, PPC/LRM minimums weren't dead zones in tabletop either- they simply got more difficult to hit with inside min-range. As they can't do that in MWO, scatter wouldn't be a bad idea.

#302 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

View Postwanderer, on 15 May 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Reducing damage wouldn't be right, but giving them scatter inside their minimum range would be decent. Incidentally, PPC/LRM minimums weren't dead zones in tabletop either- they simply got more difficult to hit with inside min-range. As they can't do that in MWO, scatter wouldn't be a bad idea.

You probably know better than I do, but I'm pretty sure the PPC had a minimum range unless you disabled the field inhibitor, though that minimum range is often described as "reduced performance" instead of just "no damage". For similar reasons, LRMs had a minimum range to avoid damage to the firer, and armed at 180 meters (90 for the more daring Clan mechs).

#303 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

That's the point. In TT, minimum ranges only add to your to-hit roll (making it harder to hit, rather than reducing damage). In MWO, weapons inside their minimum just don't work at all- when in TT, although it's REALLY tough, I've hit targets at range 0 with LRMs. Scattershotting it up close would be the next best thing in MWO terms, since a shot that doesn't hit the place you want is often wasted fire.

#304 ClannerJake

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

PLEASE, will you integrate the repair tool into the online patcher launcher for mwo? its a pain how you have it setup now. all those 500$ clan mechs and you cant update our launcher to let us run repairs? be more professional.

#305 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostClannerJake, on 21 June 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

PLEASE, will you integrate the repair tool into the online patcher launcher for mwo? its a pain how you have it setup now. all those 500$ clan mechs and you cant update our launcher to let us run repairs? be more professional.

I agree, minus the snarkiness. It really should be part of the launcher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users