Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

View PostVanillaG, on 16 April 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Neg, the price of a mech should not be determined by the current faction of the player. Doing that only promotes faction hopping to get the best price for a mech. I have proposed in several other threads that players should receive a bonus of cbills/xp/fp or a combination of those for piloting faction mechs. A one time discount does not provide an incentive for piloting a faction specific mech long term.

The simple reality is that all Clan omni-mechs are going to be expensive because for the most part the use expensive components and there is a 25% omni tax. People tend to overlook that the main benefit of an omni is reduced repair and customization costs. If R&R is ever reintroduced omnimechs should get a discount compared standard mechs. That 25% tax is used to represent a pre-payment for lowered operating costs.

I always said i was worried by faction hopping.. But think a second.. It makes sense that a Marik MechWarrior pays a lower price for a Cicada, quiaff? Then just restrict faction switching! Some possibilities? "You can only switch faction a time a week" or "You lose ALL your loyalty points with your previous faction if you switch" or something like that.. Well, faction switching does not make sense at all! Only the worst traitor would switch their allegiance 3 or more times .. I always said you should be able to choose only a faction and stick with it forever.. Or lose everything, skins, decals, etc. you had earned with that faction at very least.. Only exception would be switching from IS to a Clan, you should lose your LPs and Level (you start as a bondsman) but it should be possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users