Weapons

18 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

I understand some weapons have a DPS rating. But with the UAC5's Jamming chance, is it's DPS Guaranteed or is it a fluctuating range between X and Y, and are those fluctuating ranges guaranteed?

#2 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

Nope.

UAC/5 is a game of roulette. If you want reliable, take a normal AC5.

#3 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostFiona Marshe, on 17 April 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Nope.

UAC/5 is a game of roulette. If you want reliable, take a normal AC5.

and NOPE UAC/5 Dps it's guaranteed as long you use it as a normal AC/5, wich means you only need to push fire ONCE and wait for the cd to fire again.

As long you fire twice in a CD or keep the firing button pushed you are forcing the 2nd shoot with the jamming mechanic .

P.S: on an unrelated note some ppl on the past has run several test firing the AC/5 and UAC/5 and checking the time and dmg needed and it proved similar results to what the number said back then.

Edited by Lord Perversor, 17 April 2014 - 03:16 AM.

#4 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostLord Perversor, on 17 April 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

and NOPE UAC/5 Dps it's guaranteed as long you use it as a normal AC/5, wich means you only need to push fire ONCE and wait for the cd to fire again.

As long you fire twice in a CD or keep the firing button pushed you are forcing the 2nd shoot with the jamming mechanic .

P.S: on an unrelated note some ppl on the past has run several test firing the AC/5 and UAC/5 and checking the time and dmg needed and it proved similar results to what the number said back then.

Taking a UAC5 and not using the double shot is pointless. You could have taken another ton of something, or more likely several tons as you're probably not going to have a single UAC5.

#5 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 17 April 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Taking a UAC5 and not using the double shot is pointless. You could have taken another ton of something, or more likely several tons as you're probably not going to have a single UAC5.

So?

Taking the UAC/5 provides the ***posibility*** to force up the Dps in a need basis to kill something faster but with an added downside (jam chance)

All i'm pointing it's that the Dps for the UAC/5 considers it's normal use not the double tap feature that gives it an extra burst.

Both weapons (AC/5 and UAC/5) have a 5 point dmg, 1.66 Cd and a net Dps of 3.01 The jam chance it's unrelated to the weapon dps.

Edited by Lord Perversor, 17 April 2014 - 03:29 AM.

#6 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostLord Perversor, on 17 April 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

Both weapons (AC/5 and UAC/5) have a 5 point dmg, 1.66 Cd and a net Dps of 3.01 The jam chance it's unrelated to the weapon dps.

Well, technically it Is though, isn't it? Considering if it jams it will deal out less DPS or if it doesn't JAM it will deal out its max?

Oh wait no now I get it. No guarantee... Sweet good to know.

Edited by Rex Budman, 17 April 2014 - 03:45 AM.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:41 AM

Techincally its in no way guaranteed. Settle the issue?

Edited by Lukoi, 17 April 2014 - 03:41 AM.

#8 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

View PostRex Budman, on 17 April 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

Well, technically it Is though, isn't it? Considering if it jams it will deal out less DPS or if it doesn't JAM it will deal out its max?

No the Dps for the weapon shows it's for the intended use (no double tap) thus performing 100% equal to an Ac/5 and as long you use it as an Ac/5 and not force the double tap the UAc/5 won't jam thus firing at same rate and dmg and performing said 3.01 dps

Now if you abuse the double tap you can be lucky and obtain a 6.02 dps as long the weapon don't jam or lower if you are unlucky and the weapon jam often.

#9 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

View PostLord Perversor, on 17 April 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

No the Dps for the weapon shows it's for the intended use (no double tap) thus performing 100% equal to an Ac/5 and as long you use it as an Ac/5 and not force the double tap the UAc/5 won't jam thus firing at same rate and dmg and performing said 3.01 dps

Now if you abuse the double tap you can be lucky and obtain a 6.02 dps as long the weapon don't jam or lower if you are unlucky and the weapon jam often.

Yup I get it now. I was just wondering if it was guaranteed DPS over a certain period of time. It isn't - sweet.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

I played with the Victor (C) last night in the Play Ground... I was both surprised and let down with the UACs. They throw a serious volume down range... They jam a whole lot as well. It is the second fact that put them on my, "Not on my Mech" list!

#11 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:55 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 17 April 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

I played with the Victor (C) last night in the Play Ground... I was both surprised and let down with the UACs. They throw a serious volume down range... They jam a whole lot as well. It is the second fact that put them on my, "Not on my Mech" list!

Yeah I agree. I don't agree with the mechanic Table Top rules or not, they jam way too much. I personally think the Jam rate should be removed in placed for a longer CD but then when I say that I realize the regular AC5 does exactly that, so, yeah. Shit wep lol

#12 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, I took the UAC's off of my Firebrand and am fiddling with it to find a new set of comfortable/effective weapons. Might try the 2xAC10 builds, but I want to avoid the 2xGaus build and the 2xAC20 build.

#13 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:21 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 17 April 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Yeah, I took the UAC's off of my Firebrand and am fiddling with it to find a new set of comfortable/effective weapons. Might try the 2xAC10 builds, but I want to avoid the 2xGaus build and the 2xAC20 build.

2xAc/10 +4x med lasers with the 280Xl may be Ok if want to try some derpness i run a 2x LBx-10 with 6x med lasers for the lulz

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:24 AM

I happily give up the range for a solid 10 point punch. I had good results back when with a 2 AC10 Jager.

#15 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

The old fashioned "Rifleman" build works well with a Firebrand. 2 x AC5, 2 x LL (+2 md lasers if you can stand the heat).
250-400 damage per match (and I'm not that good of a direct fire pilot).

#16 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

Paired UACS are better than paired ac5s. Just suck up the extra tonnage.

I personally prefer 1 UAC to 1 ac5 as well

#17 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostDamocles69, on 17 April 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

Paired UACS are better than paired ac5s. Just suck up the extra tonnage.

I personally prefer 1 UAC to 1 ac5 as well

I basically agree, but I like to think if when my UACs jam will I be able to fight / survive with my still operational weapons. If yes then UAC5 if no then AC5 (there are some exceptions). Instance atlas with 2 ERLL, 2 UACs, and some SRMs, still can fight when they jam and is well worth it. A jaeger mech with 2 UAC5, streaks, and 2MLs is iffy and not necesarily very surviveable, when the UACs jam. although 3 UACs on a jaeger works fairly well IMO.

#18 Metalsand

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 17 April 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Long range, use AC-5 mode. Short range, use UAC-5 mode. It's not that hard.

#19 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

Well, the UAC5 falls into that wonderful category of "bad alone, insane with multiples". A single UAC5 is a Russian Roulette with 5 bullets in the cylinder. You can have great games or you can have that game where you maybe got to fire 5 total rounds cause they jammed every time you pushed the button. Add in a second UAC5 and you're cooking with gas because you can chain fire them and avoid almost all of the issues with the jam. Add in a 3rd UAC5 and you're unstopable.

The key to running a loan UAC5 is to realize what you're playing with and using it accordingly. You build your mechs around a single UAC but with the mindset that it really isn't there. That way, when it jams, you're not screwed. Rather, you're considering it to be DPS mana from God and treat it like a blessing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users