A Timeline Of Mw:o

General

11 replies to this topic

#1 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Well, after finding myself wondering about the timeline of releases, and not finding a thread about this after a brief search, I have taken it upon myself to write one myself. Let us begin. This is, of course, by no means comprehensive, and feel free to point out any errors/missed items in my list.
  • July 2009 -
    Spoiler

• Oct/Nov -
    Spoiler

• May 2012 -
    Spoiler

• Oct 2012 -
    Spoiler

• Nov 2012 -
    Spoiler

• Dec 2012 -
    Spoiler

• Jan 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Feb 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Mar 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Apr 2013 -
    Spoiler

• May 2013 -
    Spoiler

• June 2013 -
    Spoiler

• July 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Aug 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Sept 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Oct 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Nov 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Dec 2013 -
    Spoiler

• Jan 2014 -
    Spoiler

• Feb 2014 -
    Spoiler

• Mar 2014 -
    Spoiler

• Apr 2014 -
    Spoiler
Known missing dates: Most visual customization updates, as well as most of the changes from CB, as my memory is foggy and there are no patch notes. I'll get around to these as I get the time.

#2 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

I remember when the Stalker completely ******* broke the game.
I still hate Stalkers.

#3 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Wow, when it's laid out like that, you really get a sense for the rhythm they've got going and the pace at which they've released new mechs and mechanics. I never, ever expected them to release new mechs faster than I could buy and master them, but by golly they've been pumping them out so fast they actually dampened my pokemech impulses... there's no WAY I could possibly get them all!

I've now resorted to working on only the mechs generally used by Kurita, since that is a bit more obtainable. Still got a loooong way to go, and then Clans will drop and the whole thing will be boogered up. Heck of a first-world problem to have!

As much as I like to complain about ECM (Nerf it! Nerf it hard!) they have done a good job with most things and continued to make forward progress.

Onward!

Edited by Daekar, 14 April 2014 - 09:09 PM.

#4 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostDaekar, on 14 April 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Wow, when it's laid out like that, you really get a sense for the rhythm they've got going and the pace at which they've released new mechs and mechanics. I never, ever expected them to release new mechs faster than I could buy and master them, but by golly they've been pumping them out so fast they actually dampened my pokemech impulses... there's no WAY I could possibly get them all!

I've now resorted to working on only the mechs generally used by Kurita, since that is a bit more obtainable. Still got a loooong way to go, and then Clans will drop and the whole thing will be boogered up. Heck of a first-world problem to have!

As much as I like to complain about ECM (Nerf it! Nerf it hard!) they have done a good job with most things and continued to make forward progress.

Onward!

I know the feeling, but for me getting new mechs is based more on looks and hardpoints than anything else. I won't buy ugly looking mechs, which is why the only heavy I own is the Orion. Ironic, as the old TRO artwork never was that great, but the re-design works.

Oh, and if you want a Kurita mech, well time to pay up. The Shadow Hawk-K is being released tomorrow, and the K stands for Kurita. Yup, they have the PPC shoulder cannon variant as their style of SH.

#5 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 14 April 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

I know the feeling, but for me getting new mechs is based more on looks and hardpoints than anything else. I won't buy ugly looking mechs, which is why the only heavy I own is the Orion. Ironic, as the old TRO artwork never was that great, but the re-design works.

Oh, and if you want a Kurita mech, well time to pay up. The Shadow Hawk-K is being released tomorrow, and the K stands for Kurita. Yup, they have the PPC shoulder cannon variant as their style of SH.

I've always liked the Orion... even the original TRO. Call me weird.
Now I'll have a Shadowhawk to go with my K2! Got help me if they ever nerf PPCs into oblivion. I've even got them on my Protector. No PPCs on either Dragon though... couldn't really make that work for me.

Edited by Daekar, 14 April 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#6 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

Great thread...should be stickied (but it never will, of course).

#7 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:06 AM

oct 2012 Mech Collisions removed

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

Some corrections

July 2009
Spoiler

October/November 2011
Spoiler

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:38 AM

Holy crap... I have been killing guys for Clan training for almost 2 years now? No wonder I am bored! How soon till we have a actual game? I forgot shortly after *COUGH* Launch *COUGH*

#10 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 15 April 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

Holy crap... I have been killing guys for Clan training for almost 2 years now? No wonder I am bored! How soon till we have a actual game? I forgot shortly after *COUGH* Launch *COUGH*

I wonder how long they can keep developing and adding to this game. Since theres no definative release, a long freaking time. Unlike many, I bought into what the game was and not a grand vision of what it could eventually become.

#11 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

Man, July 2013 was a bad month. Terra Therma, broken movement archtypes and ghost heat? Yikes.

Also, BIG THINGS in June 2013!!! (or not)

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

View PostSoulscour, on 15 April 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

I wonder how long they can keep developing and adding to this game. Since theres no definative release, a long freaking time. Unlike many, I bought into what the game was and not a grand vision of what it could eventually become.

I don't know I just know the Combat engine has been tested to death and I am itching for the game and the ability to fight Clans Wolf and Jade Falcon for House Steiner's Kroners!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users