21 replies to this topic

#21 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

View Postmailin, on 15 April 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

KDR really is irrelevant. I say this because it largely depends on which mech I am driving.

Spots, damage done and assists are all much more important. I dont know why the devs do not have these stats;
  • TAG/NARC Bonuses
  • Spotting Assists
  • Kill Assists
For example, in my opinion it means much more if you get 0 kill, 5 assists and do 600 damage than if you got 5 kills, 200 damage. The real numbers are those that show how much you contribute to the team. That said, a mech that gets 5 kills and does only 200 damage might also be a spider or light that manages to distract the enemy team long enough for them to absolutely hammer the enemy team, so it is subjective to your actions on the field.

At the end of the day, contributing to the team is what it is about. If you do this and have fun then KDR does not matter. :)

Edited by White Bear 84, 15 April 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#22 JonahGrimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

To support what Bear's saying - I had a game yesterday night where I in my Jenner-k played 'squirrel' for an overheavy team of assaults. I lived the entire game, got barely 125 damage (with /10 assists/... *snerk*) .. but I managed to break up the opposing line so that our blob could engage them one at a time instead of as a group.

Numbers never tell the whole story. in fact, I think I contributed more in that game than the losing game just beforehand, where I had 3 kills and 450 damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users