MWO - November vs 2012 Release

19 replies to this topic

#1 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

Hey all I am just thinking outloud here, and wanted to get a discussion going.

Based on the following Blog Q&A and Yesterdays Announcement, are there particular

Merc Units,clans,guilds etc you all would like to see House Liao form relations with?

Anyone have any ideas as to how we can start to work on forming these relations?

Lets kick it around and see how creative and productive we can make this, and hopefully

by launch time we will be strides ahead of the pack.

Q. Will you be able to pick what faction you play in MechWarrior® Online™?

A. When you first create your pilot, you are going to have to align yourself with one of the Great Houses in the BattleTech® Universe. Each house will have its benefits and drawbacks and it will be up to you to read up on the house selection menu on which house you will pledge your allegiance.

Q. Will players have the ability to form their own custom clans in MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We're trying to be careful with the naming of some features in MechWarrior® Online™ and "clans" is one of them. Players will be able to form their own customized Mercenary Corporations (Merc Corps for short). These operate in the same way that the term clan refers to in other first person shooters. A better way of thinking about Merc Corps is as a "guild". Within the guild you can create Lances("parties") and join matches in that manner.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have persistent character content such as leveling or upgrades?

A. Yes. One of the customizations in MechWarrior® Onine™ is to train your pilot to suit your play style. Pilots will bring their efficiencies to whatever BattleMech® they get in.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have any online persistency?

A. Yes, this is where our plan for the Inner Sphere comes into play. All players in Merc Corps will be fighting for control over various border planets. The state of these planets is persistent.

Edited by metro, 17 November 2011 - 05:02 AM.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

Night Howlers Merc Corp was first seen in 3046 near the border worlds of CC and FWL, We of course are more interested in fighting with the forces of House Liao then those of Marik. :)

#3 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hi ya Coffi !!

Thanks for stopping by.

and by all means, once we know somewhat of how MWO will operate, we can talk.

I have played with plenty of GB pilots over the years, in different venues, so I appreciate the opportunity to again work with you guys.

So lets keep communication lines open, and see where MWO takes us all.

>salute<

>VDB<

#4 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hmmmm, Clan Smoke Jaguar (whatever merc incarnation we go with) is currently stationed within the FRR but any faction that is a problem to the davions or snakes is a friend of ours.

#5 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi ya Amarus, and thanks for stopping by.

That is the point! =) Taking some combine planets and fed-rat homesteads will be the ultimate reward ! =)

>SALUTE<

Edited by metro, 17 November 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#6 Mad Pig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 487 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 17 November 2011 - 07:24 AM, said:

Night Howlers Merc Corp was first seen in 3046 near the border worlds of CC and FWL, We of course are more interested in fighting with the forces of House Liao then those of Marik. :)

Is "Night Prowler" by AC/DC your theme song?

#7 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

LoL...Pano! Now dont go making them all uppity! :)

#8 Thunderwolf GWR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:19 AM

Going where the money is.... So Metro.... y'all rich? I mean as much as I know how much you'd love to pull the trigger on lil ole me..Id rather fight next to yea than against yea

#9 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:11 AM

Dang Straight! Thunder!

Liao would be honoured to Fight alongside the GWR!

Money wont be a problem, I will auction off Mad Piggys Hunchie to fund the bankroll!

Thank you >salute<

>VDB<

Edited by metrO, 18 November 2011 - 03:12 AM.

#10 DiabloX

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Nice to see ya Thunder! I would offer to auction my Highlander, but i don't think it would bring in enough, been sitting out back in the barn too long. :)

#11 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostDiabloX, on 18 November 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

Nice to see ya Thunder! I would offer to auction my Highlander, but i don't think it would bring in enough, been sitting out back in the barn too long. :)

yeah, and I imagine, defiled over and over and over and over and over again.......seriously Paul, wash that dang thing already !

#12 Thunderwolf GWR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

View PostDiabloX, on 18 November 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

Hey hey long time no see, and I hear yea I think....know all my mechs are gonna need a major over haul,

#13 Thunderwolf GWR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

View PostmetrO, on 18 November 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

Dang Straight! Thunder!

Liao would be honoured to Fight alongside the GWR!

Money wont be a problem, I will auction off Mad Piggys Hunchie to fund the bankroll!

Thank you &gt;salute&lt;

&gt;VDB&lt;

Fantastic, looking forward to it, and just think, when we are redy to be our own merc unit again, I won't charge yeas.....lol

Much.

#14 DiabloX

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

View PostmetrO, on 18 November 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

yeah, and I imagine, defiled over and over and over and over and over again.......seriously Paul, wash that dang thing already !

It's them darn pigeons, can't keep em away. A parked Highlander is like a magnet for them. :)

#15 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:41 AM

View PostDiabloX, on 18 November 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

It's them darn pigeons, can't keep em away. A parked Highlander is like a magnet for them. :)

LOL...nice re-direct Paul. :D

#16 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

View PostThunderwolf_GWR, on 18 November 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

Fantastic, looking forward to it, and just think, when we are redy to be our own merc unit again, I won't charge yeas.....lol
Much.

Aw Sir, the respect between our Pilots will pay everything forward. I assume it will be more like, the old days. We all will do just exactly what needs to be done, for everyones success and benefit.

Thats why I am pleased to see, more of our friends and those with Integrity returning once more.

>VDB<

#17 Neozero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:22 AM

View PostMetro, on 19 November 2011 - 03:44 AM, said:

Aw Sir, the respect between our Pilots will pay everything forward. I assume it will be more like, the old days. We all will do just exactly what needs to be done, for everyones success and benefit.

Thats why I am pleased to see, more of our friends and those with Integrity returning once more.

>VDB<

Does that mean you know people without integrity returning? ;P Yes I know thats a loaded question.

#18 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

View PostNeozero, on 19 November 2011 - 04:22 AM, said:

Does that mean you know people without integrity returning? ;P Yes I know thats a loaded question.

Neo...back to your hole, I will not be baited! LOL, ya putz! I am thinking someone needs a spanking again. :D

and you misread...my post. I have a history with the Grimms! and the Ghost Bears, as well as a few other Merc Units who have yet to check in.

Years of sitting online with these guys, forming lasting friendships and missing their company, makes me reflect. Respect is mutual, given and taken, trustworthy and care free!

I count you as one of those my friend Neo, it will just be nice to get back to gaming, and let the Drama go up in PPC smoke.

I think you know my intended end result here :)

Edited by Metro, 19 November 2011 - 08:01 AM.

#19 Neozero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

oh I know my friend its just fun to try and get a rise out of you.

#20 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostNeozero, on 19 November 2011 - 01:04 PM, said:

oh I know my friend its just fun to try and get a rise out of you.

LOL...Neo, well I am now more mature. I know hard to believe huh?? And I am 21 years older than when I began this gig with Liao as a pup private under the guidance of a great guy called Green Hornet.

Now I am just tuckered out.

This journey to a new Innersphere has wore me out.

The weight at times almost unbearable, but thanks to friends like yourself, I survived and am stronger today because of it.

I am just glad I lasted to see our day of deliverance. >salute< Even if I only get to play 1 day. It will have been worth it.

:)

Edited by Metro, 19 November 2011 - 04:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users