Don't Walk In Front Of Teammates!

30 replies to this topic

#21 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostModo44, on 17 April 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Oh, right, I forgot that every Spider has the firepower of multiple heavy mechs, and it is obviously quicker to just let him troll with MGs.

In the particular situation it is. stripped rear + 4 mgs = 2-3 seconds to kill on a slow target, and you know it ^_^

#22 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

View Postfx8320, on 17 April 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

In the particular situation it is. stripped rear + 4 mgs = 2-3 seconds to kill on a slow target, and you know it ^_^

Or one jump sniper hit in one second, unless you decide to eat it with your back.

#23 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

2 seconds vs damaging a friendly unit ^_^
I always pick option 1, both when I'm piloting heavy or in a light with 4mgs(then it's all my mech can do since I have spider 5K haha)

Edited by fx8320, 17 April 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#24 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

View Postfx8320, on 17 April 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Yes, walk in front of a PPC/AC5 shot already flying to get your 2 seconds of fame. Good luck.

#25 Androas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

View Postfx8320, on 17 April 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

I always pick option 1, both when I'm piloting heavy or in a light with 4mgs(then it's all my mech can do since I have spider 5K haha)

it REALLY depends, if i am in a PERFECT firing position, taking out targets and someone just walks in front of me with that WANT WANT WANT mindset of "stealing" a perfectly fine kill, i kill him first, then i proceed with my target, there is NO reason except "greed" to behave like that, and if you want to be "that" guy, i gladly present you the bill.

#26 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

I try to be aware of my team mates position so I do not walk in front of them when firing, it happens by accident though sometimes.

Although I have to say that one time I was intentionally shot in the back and TK'd by a team mate... his justification was I had enough kills. I was not even 'stealing' a kill (despite how much I think that is nonsense anyways). ETA: Outright pushed up behind me and fired into my back until he cored/ TK'd me.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 17 April 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#27 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostDarthPeanut, on 17 April 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

I try to be aware of my team mates position so I do not walk in front of them when firing, it happens by accident though sometimes.

Although I have to say that one time I was intentionally shot in the back and TK'd by a team mate... his justification was I had enough kills. I was not even 'stealing' a kill (despite how much I think that is nonsense anyways). ETA: Outright pushed up behind me and fired into my back until he cored/ TK'd me.

It's just Counter Strike with 'mechs, don't ya know.

#28 Navy Sixes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

All situational.

If you are running like hell from a superior enemy force and are heading back to our firing line, of course you are going to be between me and the enemy. Of course you are going to muck up my shots. But what else are you supposed to do? Stand there and get focused down while I watch? Nope. Come back behind our firing line... we'll cover you as best we can, but we will not shoot you.

If you see me laying into an enemy position, and you herp a derp right in front of me after a while, cut me off, and start shooting... you're a ********, you know you're a ********, and if I continue to shoot at my target even if my rounds aren't quite clearing your rear-torso like I thought they would, oh well.

You know which you are. So do we.

Also, check out this poll and vote! We need your opinion and with numbers, maybe we can get PGI to take notice...

http://mwomercs.com/...age__mode__show

Edited for because POLL!

Edited by Tycho von Gagern, 17 April 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#29 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Here is the thing, everyone just loves to get up in those choke points to try and get a kill. It does not matter if you are shooting away zoomed in, or needing to retreat to stop yourself getting blown to bits. Everyone MUST be on that same spot.

I call it idiot mentality.

Spread out, be patient, do not crowd the same spot, watch where you are walking and generally be aware of your situation . Clustering up like that and blocking your team mate will win you no favors.

Another thing to mention is lights - watch what they are doing, there is only so much they can do to stop running into heavier mechs, but in the heat of battle much focus is on targets; so give them some room!

p.s. The lowest of the low are mechs that have done squat and deliberately stand in front of another mech to try and 'steal a kill'. If you lose a torso because of fire into your back... ..its your own fault.

Edit: These kind of players drive me nuts, its like having a bad driver on the road.. ..drive properly or just get off the road!

Edited by White Bear 84, 17 April 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#30 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

View Postsneeking, on 17 April 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

we got don't stand behind don't walk in front threads here, so where should I walk where should I stand and ( most importantly) when should we shoot ?

Walk behind your teammates, and stand in front of them! Wait... something doesn't seem right with that statement... :)

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 April 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

• If a teammate is getting unloaded on, and I'm in a bigger mech, I'll step between them and the oncoming fire to give them a second or two of reprieve to a.) stop the constant screen-shake blindness, and b.) get a second to get their bearings and find cover. Yes, sometimes I get an alpha to the back from a panicked teammate, but usually the mechs I do this in can take it (once) and almost always it keeps that teammate alive for another minute or two.

I've done this before in my Stalker a few times. See an enemy shooting a fleeing ally. Went "Barn door coming through!" and walked between my friend and oncoming fire (then into cover). Sometimes it saves my friends. (Then I return fire with a "You shot me, let me return the favor" and "this shot here, is for my teammate!")

I've also been know to have to work the line, suddenly having to run in front of some teammates (because I myself might be fleeing heavy fire, or because I see a Jenner (for example) that I am better equipped to handle running a flank, and I move to stop it, etc). If I have to do this, I expect to take some of their fire into my backside. I don't complain when it happens, as it's my fault that time. However, if I get shot while moving at the start of the match, I will watch the person shooting me. Shoot me again, and I will return fire. (Did that once. Awesome felt like using my Stalker (all these stories seem to happen when I'm in my Stalker...) as target practice. I looked at him with a warning. He shot a second time. I unloaded on him, dropping his total health by 5% in a single volley. He did not shoot a third time at me, and then proceeded to follow in front of my guns into the match, just encase he decided to shoot anyone else on the team...)

Basically, realize that combat happens. Realize that accidents happen. Try to protect yourself and try to pilot your mech intelligently. If you do something you know might get you shot, expect it and move on.

#31 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 17 April 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

If a teammate is getting unloaded on, and I'm in a bigger mech, I'll step between them and the oncoming fire to give them a second or two of reprieve

Centurion is great for that - and was in fact, built for it even. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users